This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

ordered another pole and.............!!!
« on: June 24, 2010, 11:11:59 pm »
already ordered another pole and brush and a few adaptors.

25 FT HYDRA ALLOY POLE/GARDINERS SUPERLITE BRUSH

ALLOY ADAPTOR(for unger poles)/pole tap

so ill have:

short unger pole(for some lower windows)

20 ft glass/fibre pole(spare!)

25ft hydra alloy pole(main pole for upper windows)

30ft unger pole(if needed!)occasional use!

does any of your have the brodex 25footer?im sure it will cover alot of my work and is it much better than a glass fibre?as the one i use at present bends all over the place!!!(i have a lot of awkward windows over connys and suchlike!!)

does the gardiners brush fit on the end of the brodex angle adaptors?

also what diameter is the brodex pole hose?(just making sure i have the right connectors!!)

sorry for all the questions guys!! ;) ;D ;D

best wishes

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

JSMC

Re: ordered another pole and.............!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 11:16:20 pm »
doe sit not have a large closed length? you may find chopping and changing poles on house when doing bottoms

chopsie

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 11:19:30 pm »
have you used your sill brush yet daz? wondered what you thought?
chopsie

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 11:28:15 pm »
im not too bothered about the closed length.its about 6ft same as the glass fibre.

im tradding quite a lot of lower windows on small domestic and i can use the small pole for bigger properties and commercial.

im 6ft 2in with big arms!so i can handle it!!im also heavy handed so i wanted a sturdy pole that would reach the majority of my work yet be pretty rigid!!the glass fibre is terrible!!and will become my "emergency spare"pole when i get my new one!!! ;D ;D ;D

dazmond

tomy jackson

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 11:29:11 pm »
the poles a good un bont for get that you can slid two botum secitions off so its so lite then  for hire work slip back on  ;D

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 11:35:13 pm »
chopsie ive not used the sill brush yet!i will do next month as ive a few conny roofs and fascias jobs to do.

im saving it for these types of jobs!!looks like its got great scrubbing action!!just what you need on minging roofs!!! ;) ;D ;D ;D

adixon

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2010, 12:24:42 am »
You will notice a hell of a difference rigid wise in your new pole i have the 18ft and love it with the superlite

Ste M

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2010, 04:18:19 am »
Daz I don't think the brush head fits straight on, gardiners sell a plastic gooseneck that will adapt it though for a few quid. Take it your lovin the wfp now though

Frankybadboy

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2010, 06:40:38 am »
mate wait til you can get a slx or clx,cause you only be paying for one at alaters date.

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2010, 06:53:51 am »
Daz... I've got thje 7, 18 & 25 brodex hydra alloy poles.

I use the 18 on 90 % of my work (upstairs)

I use an 8mm rectus 21. The hose isn't so good in the summer months I've found. Being black it heats up and kinks (I've just changed mine to clear).

Personally I'd suggest that you ring them and ask to change to the 18 if you can. You have the 30 unger if need to go higher.

Yes the superlight will fit if you ordered the commercial crank. The brushes supplied are good for a couple of months, then conny roofs after that.

They are cracking pole for the heavy handed like me ;D
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

cleewindows

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2010, 07:46:43 am »
i have a 7ft brodex very good but clamps bit loose,
i have 25ft hydra alloy too
the hose is shocking,clamps are garbage and after 3 months work all the sections fell apart,now in the shed till i can be bothered to fix it!
i will say dont bother thats seriously,may aswell get a clx £150 much better quality,better hose better clamps,more sturdy!

Smudger

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2010, 08:26:18 am »
I use an 18 foot prolong - excellent pole and pretty rigid. - i have found the brodex clamps excellent. 

BUT....

it is heavy, you certianly notice this when reaching over conny's or extentions so a 25ft may be tough to use some days.

defo great for straight forward up/dwn work.

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2010, 08:31:37 am »
blue frog i ordered the 25ft as an 18ft is not long enough for a lot of my work as ive a lot of pitched roofs with sloping driveways/flat roofs(dont wanna get the ladder out!) and windows above connys.

the 20ft n tech i have at present comes up a bit short on quite a few windows that i have to get the ladders off!! ::) ;D ;D.

ill have to order some more hose connectors then as ive ordered the 6mm rectus 21!! ::) ::)

thanks for the posts guys

regards

dazmond

Mike #1

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2010, 06:48:11 pm »
i had my 18ft hydra alloy pole for 7 months now no probs at all changed pole hose for streamline lite-5 i also have gardiners goosneck and superlite brush fitted