This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

so glad i didnt listen to some of you!!!
« on: June 23, 2010, 05:29:39 pm »
........because i LOVE the 50L FREEDOM TROLLEY! ;D ;D ;D ;D

its not very heavy at all and its very easy to move about.ive made some more extension hose and i can leave it and clean 3 houses without moving it!!

i really dont know how you backpack only guys go on!.you must be constantly topping up!50L is a nice size to clean a fair few houses without needing to top up often.i will also be leaving it in the van for a few jobs next week as a mini van mount.

on a lot of work i take the trolley out in the morning and load it back in at the end of the day!!! ;) ;D ;D ;D

very good piece of kit and  id recommend it to anyone.im so glad i didnt get the 25L version!! ;D ;D ;D

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

LWC

Re: so glad i didnt listen to some of you!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 05:37:30 pm »
Give it...hmm, 3 months, i thought my 25l trolley wasnt heavy till i couldnt sit down at night times comfortably. Ive tried it all and im sorry, you canna beat a van mount, 400l + on tap, pull a reel round easy as pie.

dave0123

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 05:52:07 pm »
Suppose it depends how built up your round is, mine is quite build up but its few houses ie 2 then drive a few mins and few more so it would be in and out all day.

i had 25 litre version and in end just kept it in the van as a van mount but if you are very compact then trolley would be pritty good  ;D
Dave.

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 05:55:12 pm »
ewan some recommended a backpack on a sacktruck but no way would that be robust enough or hold enough water!!

ive seen wagga with a shopping trolley with a backpack on!!very funny!! :) :) ;D ;D ;D ;D

if it works for him then fair enough!!

id hate to be tied to the van with 100m of hose!!.the trolley is great.i will be using it as a mini van mount for a few stand alone jobs next week.

itll be perfect for a few commercial jobs where parking is a nightmare as well!! ;) ;D ;D

clean

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2010, 05:57:20 pm »
Simple answer is to have both  ;)

david watts

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2010, 06:24:36 pm »
a trolley is allways good as a back up; if you use a van mount
one more pump can be in use ;)
life is like a box of chocolates you get the crap no one else wants

Paul Coleman

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2010, 06:45:19 pm »
........because i LOVE the 50L FREEDOM TROLLEY! ;D ;D ;D ;D

its not very heavy at all and its very easy to move about.ive made some more extension hose and i can leave it and clean 3 houses without moving it!!

i really dont know how you backpack only guys go on!.you must be constantly topping up!50L is a nice size to clean a fair few houses without needing to top up often.i will also be leaving it in the van for a few jobs next week as a mini van mount.

on a lot of work i take the trolley out in the morning and load it back in at the end of the day!!! ;) ;D ;D ;D

very good piece of kit and  id recommend it to anyone.im so glad i didnt get the 25L version!! ;D ;D ;D

regards

dazmond

Yes, a 50 litre trolley with some hose is adequate and sufficient for houses.  If you start getting other types of work though, you will eventually find that it limits you.  I can think of quite a few jobs I've done in recent years since going WFP that would have been very difficult with a trolley - even one with a hose reel.  Sure they can be done but why make life harder?
It depens what your plans are though.  If you are fine staying on domestic only or smaller commercial jobs it will be just fine.  Indeed, sometimes a trolley is better when it's impractical having hose trailing around.
Maybe your back is better than mine too.  I've done some domestics today where I needed to backpack it.  I had a couple of containers too.  It's a bad parking area but I mostly steer clear of such work.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2010, 06:46:44 pm »
Simple answer is to have both  ;)

Exactly.  It doesn't have to be either/or.

The pump packed upon my van mount once and I wasn't prepared with a spare handy.  I ended up jugging the water from my van mount into my backpack for the last two hours.  I wouldn't want to do it regularly but it got me out of a hole.

Tim82

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2010, 08:29:25 pm »
how do you load it into your car? sounds like a big job

mci services

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2010, 08:40:57 pm »
how do you load it into your car? sounds like a big job

the secret to that is you load it in the van when its empty ;) or just remove the barrels

Tom White

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2010, 08:43:52 pm »
ewan some recommended a backpack on a sacktruck but no way would that be robust enough or hold enough water!!

You're expressing opinion based on imagination, rather than experience based on fact.

LWC

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2010, 09:40:03 pm »
My backpack is on trolley and its VERY robust

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2010, 09:51:05 pm »

ive seen wagga with a shopping trolley with a backpack on!!very funny!! :) :) ;D ;D ;D ;D

if it works for him then fair enough!!

id hate to be tied to the van with 100m of hose!!.the trolley is great.i will be using it as a mini van mount for a few stand alone jobs next week.

itll be perfect for a few commercial jobs where parking is a nightmare as well!! ;) ;D ;D

if youve got 100 metre hose your not tied to the van ;)

martinsadie

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2010, 09:52:46 pm »
My backpack is on trolley and its VERY robust

its not a backpack then  ;)

LWC

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2010, 10:01:40 pm »
Yeh its just on a trolley  :)

supernova77

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2010, 11:06:56 pm »
Van mount all the way!!!

dazmond

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2010, 12:21:40 am »
sensai how much does that backpack hold?18L at a push?

it simply doesnt hold enough water IMO and i would be forever filling it up!!

if i start to get more and more bigger jobs i would simply buy a bigger van and get a 400L TANK and keep the trolley for other work.

for now im very happy with my small van and trolley system!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

also surely the pumps in backpacks are not as good as on a trolley or van mount???

LWC

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2010, 07:22:40 am »
I hardly ever use the backpack but it does come in handy, its all i used to use, but my round isnt compact, its big ones dotted here and there, so i would just fill up when i got out of van.

400 litre tank is perfect mate :)

Also the pump on the backpack is amazing, ive used it at 60 ft on setting 3, (theres 4 settings) amazing little thing, had it for 4 or so years now and only had to replace the switch, the pumps still chugging away  ;D

Whatever your happy with is what counts, im just saying 400l tank is just so simple to use with a hose. Lifting trolleys in and out day in day out wont do your back any good, so just be careful.

Tim82

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2010, 11:08:31 pm »
does it ever topple over?