Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: Pure2o
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2010, 06:04:37 pm »
It’s not a waste of a couple of thousand pounds! If you can’t afford that amount of money on a wfp system should you be window cleaning for a living.
I honestly think there are a few on here who can’t even afford basic equipment.

Who would they be then....

Anyone who can’t justify spending money on standard equipment, the only real reason for that is you’re not making enough money window cleaning. DIY your equipment to save money isn’t the answer and won’t solve that problem.

You do talk a load of crap Ewan.
I have a diy set-up that does the job as any pro set-up....does that mean i dont earn enough money to afford a new system??? ;D ;D
What a bafoon

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2010, 06:33:21 pm »
You accuse me of talking crap, yet you get upset at the mere mention you may not be earning enough because I think some people who do DIY don’t have the money.

There has to some people who do the DIY for financial reasons.

If you have been window cleaning for a few years especially using wfp and you still question whether to buy a piece of standard equipment because of the price, something is wrong. Whether you like it or not, agree disagree, I don’t care.  But I bet in most cases it comes down to money.

I am interested in why you believe that those who choose to go diy only do so because you think they cannot afford it....what is this based on?
Do you believe that all industries go down the route of just buying the most expensive equipement because they should if they are making money...i dont,i believe that businesses make a judgement on their spending to suit their needs and requirements at the time...you are obviously someone who believes that money talks....well in the domestic window cleaning market it doesn't,customer satisfaction and service is paramount not how a window cleaner delivers water to a brush head.
Rant over.... ;)

Dave Willis

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2010, 06:44:37 pm »
diy tank and fit what £300?

Pro fit tank with cage £2500?

Big difference.

niceandclean

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2010, 06:48:29 pm »
i doubt the head honcho of ionics is out scrubbing windows  :-\

He used to though! Now he just employs.

What's his cleaning side called?

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2010, 06:52:04 pm »
Stainless steel cage fitted properly by engineering company in Essex....£350
Would pure freedon/ionics/pure2o or any of them be able to do that?
It's not about being a skinflint and not buying "PROPER" equipement,it's also about using your money to gain value from it.
Anyway im out of this one now :)

Dave Willis

« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2010, 06:58:50 pm »
Supply and fit? Surely not.

Darranvps

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2010, 07:05:37 pm »

What's his cleaning side called?
Its not for me to say, but if you know where the manufacturing side is based it isn't too difficult to find the cleaning side.

windowcleaninginessex.co.uk

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2010, 09:09:24 pm »
diy tank and fit what £300?

Pro fit tank with cage £2500?

Big difference.

I priced a diy yourself set up, can't remember how much, but god knows where you get £300 from,
so i paid £2000 for purefreedom 2 man set up, money well spent, with out the hassle of doing yourself

Darren
---THE BEST YOU CAN GET---
www.windowcleaninginessex.co.uk

Steve_c

« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2010, 09:54:19 pm »
Ioinics all the way.

Dave Willis

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2010, 09:56:22 pm »
Tank and straps and a few bolts = £300 ish.

I have a static system so we are not talking about the ro. Only a tank and securing it. Check the price on the banner above for a tank, cage and fitting.

http://www.pure2o.co.uk/systembuilder.html                              600ltr system

http://www.tankshop.co.uk/acatalog/650_Ltr_Baffled_Water_Tank.html

so, for an extra £2000 or more you can have a cage and have it bolted in. Which is why so many go down the diy route.

Nick Wareham

« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2010, 10:15:27 pm »
Guys, i didnt mean to start a war.

My heart is not in DIY, so no matter what I wont be doing that.  I think spending about £2056 on a properly installed and tested 400 litre tank is probably going to be money well spent.  The fact that it is after all ionics i think is a good thing not a bad one.

I already have a 300GPD RO unit, that I currently use, so I just need the tank and pump.  I am also toying with the idea of getting a 4040 RO at the same time, but maybe I'm getting ahead of myself and should add this later on.

For the record, me not choosing DIY is because I am not very competent with it, and really dont even want to try.  Safety is another issue as somebody said.

Anyhoo I emailed them, I'll no doubt get a reply this week with some advice about it.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2010, 10:25:38 pm »
I love DIY,.. my whole system is DIY & its is designed perfectly to suit my needs.

It did however take a lot of time & effort to get the tank cage made & installed,.. and though I've done the best job I could & I'm happy with its safety, I wouldn't crash it into a wall to prove the point.

DIY is fine if you REALLY know what you are doing,.. but for all but the most competent I would defo recommend a crash tested tank at the very least. It costs more undoubtedly, but you get peace of mind. My next system will prob be a Gardiners one if funds will allow.

WCE

« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2010, 10:45:04 pm »
Have a look at the gardiners website fella, can't go wrong !
Hi They are the same company.
Basically Pure 20 is how they used to build kit when they were called Over The Top!

No they are not - Your thinking of Ionics ;)
WCE- For Windows that shine everytime!

Paul Coleman

« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2010, 05:07:22 am »

I even remember him saying that he used to clean by abseiling.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2010, 07:00:54 am »

Nick Wareham

« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2010, 12:45:13 pm »
I've had a reply from pure2o:

Thank you for your email.  I'd be glad to help you decide what would be your best option.
Depending on the model, a Transit Connect has sufficient payload and space for either a 300 or 400L system. I would recommend you look for a T220 or T230, rather than a T200. This way you can carry 400L of water.

Secondly, I assume you live in a hard water area since you are using an RO system with your trolley. However, if you intend to fill directly into your van system, then it would mean that you would have to connect your van to fill for about 10 hours per night - this might be a problem if it also your main method of transport.

From what you have said, I think there are 2 practical options:

1: Get a 400L Pure2o delivery only system which is filled using your 300GPD unit connected for about 10 hours per night:

400L Pure2o Delivery System with:
  single 7L DI Vessel
  Automatic Shut-Off
  Auto Compensating Flow Controller
 £2,538 incl VAT and fitting

2: Get a full 400L Pure2o RO-DI system (this will fill in approximately 2-5hours depending on pressure)

400L Pure2o RO-DI System with:
  4040 HF5 Reverse Osmosis unit with Prefilters
  twin 7L DI Vessels
  Automatic Shut Off
  Auto Compensating Flow Controller
 £3208 incl VAT and fitting

As you can see from the options above, the cheapest way to proceed is to simply use your 300GPD unit to fill your Pure2o system directly, but this will mean the van must fill for about 10 hours per day which may be inconvenient.

I would recommend getting the Pure2o RO-DI system, as this is by far the most convenient to use.  Having all of the water treatment in the van is a significant advantage, meaning that you can fill up wherever there is access to a tap.  This might be important, for example, if doing a large commercial contract where water consumption is high.

The price I have quoted here of £3208 is for a reasonably well specified system, fully fitted (Swindon) and inclusive of VAT, but I'd be happy to discuss what optional extras are available, and what they cost.

Please feel free to call me on 01793 574 936, or I'll be happy to call you if you want to send me your number.

Many thanks

Jason

PS You can also get an instant quote with the various options yourself by visiting this link http://www.pure2o.co.uk/systembuilder.html

Nick Wareham wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am interested in getting on of your systems.
>
> I already have a 300GPD RO system that I use with a trolley, but I am looking at a 2005 fiat doblo van.  Could you please tell me what the various options are.
>
> Could you also tell me how much more a 4040 ro membrene would be.
>
>
>
> Nick Wareham
>
>
>
> __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5224 (20100624) __________
>
> The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
>
> http://www.eset.com

geoffreyspecht

« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2010, 09:56:44 pm »
just wondered is worth buying a reach and wash system for domestic work.

chopsie

« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2010, 10:27:55 pm »
I fitted my 400 litre tank into my transit. Yes it was because I could not afford to get a pro one. Yes it saved me money. BUT it was a right ball ache fitting the tank securley, My mate has a workshop with a pit in, If it was not for this it would of been even worse to do. DIY is not my cup of tea, but needs must at the time, Hopefully in the future if/when i need another system I will have enough money for a pro fitted one. Pure freedoms seem to be a very good deal.
chopsie

chopsie

« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2010, 10:35:54 pm »
only been going since November so hopefully will not need one yet ewan!  ;D But maybe in a few years when van needs replacing
chopsie