This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Nick Wareham

Pure2o
« on: June 22, 2010, 09:31:37 pm »
My decision to get a van mounted system has been sped up by the news that VAT will go up in Jan, so I figure that by buying before then I'll save a bit of money.

The question is what do i go for??  I currently use a purefreedom trolley, which I rate highly and would recommend to anyone.  However, I am not certain I would get a pure freedom van system.

I like the look of Ionics for van mounts, clearly it is good kit, but I don't much like the look of the price tag.  I see they have put a banner for this Pure2o company on here now.  Can't quite work out what it is, seems to be quite a bit cheaper than ionics, but is the same company?

Has anyone had any dealings with Pure2o, or had a pure2o system.  Have to say, the prices are much more to my liking, and seems to be similarish to ionics systems.

confused!  ???

jaycee35

Re: Pure2o
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 09:36:46 pm »
Have a look at the gardiners website fella, can't go wrong !

DaveG

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 09:39:12 pm »
do it yourself mate..you will literally save thousands
You can't polish a turd

Nick Wareham

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 10:10:25 pm »
do it yourself mate..you will literally save thousands

I would, but I simply don't have the skills.  I know I would mess it up so its something I'd rather pay for.

Do you have a link please?

DaveG

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 10:13:05 pm »
Do a google search for diy wfp mate ;D

It really isnt difficult, all you need is basic skills and tools and you will be surprised at how easy it is
You can't polish a turd

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 10:26:08 pm »
i second the DIY method.

sooooo  easy even i managed it!

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Nick Wareham

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 10:28:27 pm »
i second the DIY method.

sooooo  easy even i managed it!

Darran
well thanks for the honesty, but i really dont want to go down the diy route, just not something i want to do.

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 10:39:56 pm »
Go pro.

DIY is not worth it. Too much time fixing things and bodgeing. If you had an engineering background maybe.

But your decision making is useless.

First decide what size system and what type of van and why, and then look for the best deal for what you want.

supernova77

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 11:50:05 pm »
All you need to accomplish is to pump water from a tank to the end of a brush - Why spend thousands  ???

Andy

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2010, 06:20:21 am »
Go pro.

DIY is not worth it. Too much time fixing things and bodgeing. If you had an engineering background maybe.

But your decision making is useless.

First decide what size system and what type of van and why, and then look for the best deal for what you want.

LMFAO....what engineering background do you need to fix a pump (already come with wires and a diagram) to a battery and to a tank that has been fixed through the floor into the chasis....engineering background.... ::)
Go and waste a couple of thousand pounds of your hard earned money....you will probably get some nice stickers though.... ;D

Dave Willis

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2010, 07:49:27 am »
I think you'll find lots on here who can't afford basic equipment!
If you read through the posts many are new start ups obviously.

I started DIY and still have DIY and probably saved £2500 on my system. However, in hindsight over three years later the only thing I would change would be the fitting of a crash tested tank.
Most of us can lash a tank in the back of a van with straps, metal bands or whatever but how safe is it? None of us know.

Darranvps

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2010, 08:24:33 am »
Hi They are the same company.
Basically Pure 20 is how they used to build kit when they were called Over The Top!

Darranvps

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2010, 01:10:38 pm »
My first attempt at a home made system back in 2002. We used  Twin 4040 RO's and a booster pump, it certainly filled a 600 ltr tank quickly!

windowcleaninginessex.co.uk

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2010, 01:20:17 pm »
My decision to get a van mounted system has been sped up by the news that VAT will go up in Jan, so I figure that by buying before then I'll save a bit of money.

The question is what do i go for??  I currently use a purefreedom trolley, which I rate highly and would recommend to anyone.  However, I am not certain I would get a pure freedom van system.

I like the look of Ionics for van mounts, clearly it is good kit, but I don't much like the look of the price tag.  I see they have put a banner for this Pure2o company on here now.  Can't quite work out what it is, seems to be quite a bit cheaper than ionics, but is the same company?

Has anyone had any dealings with Pure2o, or had a pure2o system.  Have to say, the prices are much more to my liking, and seems to be similarish to ionics systems.

confused!  ???

Hi Nick,
it took me nearly a year to decide what system.

I had all the the companys to do me a free demo, all the systems looked great and worked as they should, but the price always stopped me buying from Ionics, brodex etc... I was quoted anything up to £8500

In the end I choose purefreedom, they don't give demos but the price was £2000 for a two man 650l ro set up, when i went to have system fitted I was surprised it looked and worked great.

The day before I was meant to have system fitted my van was in an accident, it was wrote off in the end, this made me difinately  think I made  the right decision not to go down the diy route, purefreedom bolt to chassis and give a engineers report for insurance companys

I would definately recommend purefreedom and if you are anywhere near Essex area you are more than welcomed to have a look at the system.
Thanks
Darren
---THE BEST YOU CAN GET---
www.windowcleaninginessex.co.uk

Darranvps

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2010, 01:31:08 pm »
2nd Home made system late 2002. I would however say I now just buy ready made systems.

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2010, 03:04:04 pm »
It’s not a waste of a couple of thousand pounds! If you can’t afford that amount of money on a wfp system should you be window cleaning for a living.
I honestly think there are a few on here who can’t even afford basic equipment.

Who would they be then....

concept

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2010, 03:26:40 pm »
Gardiners is a crash tested system, for about the same money, of course all is dependant on final specs of both systems.

Gardiners is built for window cleaners by window cleaners, would rather my hard earned go in their direction.

Darranvps

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2010, 05:00:25 pm »
Gardiners is a crash tested system, for about the same money, of course all is dependant on final specs of both systems.

Gardiners is built for window cleaners by window cleaners, would rather my hard earned go in their direction.
Don't you think Ionics and Facelift are window cleaners too :P

concept

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2010, 05:03:39 pm »
i doubt the head honcho of ionics is out scrubbing windows  :-\

Darranvps

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2010, 05:37:10 pm »
i doubt the head honcho of ionics is out scrubbing windows  :-\

He used to though! Now he just employs.