This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

making a cheap 30ft wfp
« on: June 21, 2010, 11:12:41 pm »
ive got an unger 30ft extension pole(5 section)and i was thinking of turning it into a cheap wfp for a few jobs for the odd window here and there and any bigger stuff im likely to get over the next few months.

i used it as a 3 section(sometimes 4 section)trad pole.ive never even used the 5th section yet!!

unger end cone
nylon angle adaptor
salmon brush(pencil jets)
5mm pole hose
rectus 21 fittings

would these items do the trick?maybe change the brush for a gardiners superlite?

in a few months when funds allow i invest in a better pole but would this be ok for now and do any of you use one?(or have in the past)

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

mci services

Re: making a cheap 30ft wfp
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 11:18:02 pm »
yes i used one for three years and finally its in my garage, less the last section which fits perfectly onto a harris pole makeing a nice cheap 23 footer.

its ok for high stuff but a bit heavy for shallow angles but saying that i used it for long enough and only replaced it when i was picking more and more work at that height

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 11:26:53 pm »
thanks stu.

ive got my eye on a few properties near where i work that are MASSIVE!!!Im sure i could pick one or two up on a 2 monthly basis!!!

there are literally loads of very exclusive properties that ive never even thought of canvassing until now!! ;) ;D ;D

i think ill wait until i find my feet a bit more with wfp and ive completed my round  at least once before canvassing some of these places!i need to get kitted out though on the cheap for now!! ;) ;D ;D

best wishes

dazmond

mci services

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 11:44:46 pm »
only thing i would say dazmond is that the unger cone is a different thread so you need to put a self tapper through it or buy an adapter from cleantech that does the right thread

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 11:57:52 pm »
cheers stu yeh im meant to say that.im gonna order the unger cone adaptor from wintecs that allows brushes to be screwed on the end. ;)

regards

dazmond

Ian W

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 07:08:39 am »
I still use one. I only use the 4th & 5th sections on one property I do. It is hard work!  :)

The kit looks fine, but I would buy the cleantech pole end as it is very hard wearing. The unger one is just a standard pole end with a pressed steel thread for the brush rivetted to it. Mine didn't last 5 minutes.
Do all the good you can, and make as little fuss about it as possible.
Charles Dickens

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 09:31:41 am »
thanks for that ian!ill have a look at the cleantech one! ;) ;D ;D