Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian101

From door slammed in my face to getting the work
« on: June 20, 2010, 01:00:31 am »
1st day back after week in Cornwall and 1st day since going full time so off I went to canvass an estate ...

Knocked on doors for 2 hours and got a load of NO's / Do it myself / Got 1 already etc etc then a kid aged about 9 opened the door and said "whatever it is were not buying" then the little git slammed the door before I could say owt .... posted a leaflet anyway thought I would just to show his parents I wasnt bothered by their rude kid (thought his mum / dad had told him to say what he said) was knocking on next door and his dad came running after me with my leaflet in his hand .. was expecting a mouthful but instead got asked to quote for doing a conny clean ... even apologised for the kid .. wasnt his kid but a neighbours !!

end result 1 conny clean (put a tenner on top cos of the rude kid) rekon I will get asked to clean windows too  :D

Re: From door slammed in my face to getting the work
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 01:04:05 am »
i had one the other week say there mum wasnt in, said ok heres a leaflet 2 mins later comes out saying mum said how much is it

tom2009

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 08:02:30 pm »
i had one the other week say there mum wasnt in, said ok heres a leaflet 2 mins later comes out saying mum said how much is it
she'll have em done then won't pay you. Hope I'm wrong. Mums who get their kids to lie for them are dodgy.

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2010, 08:16:34 pm »
have already done them and been paid,   the thing is down here in cornwall the cornish men all think the women cant make a decesion

Window Washers

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2010, 10:42:00 pm »
she'll have em done then won't pay you. Hope I'm wrong. Mums who get their kids to lie for them are dodgy.
are you saying my wife is dodgy Tom  :o

My kids ask, what is the min charge for a con roof, what is the min charge for cleaning the windows, how often and do they clean the frames, what insurance do they have. by this time the window cleaner normally gives up and moves on lol,
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

mickeybok

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 02:59:52 pm »
Hi Ian, I started about the same time as you, easter, over in the North East. I see you have gone full time now, how many custys have you got to decide to go full time, i'm on 60 at the moment doing 2 days a week, I find it hard going some days with the canvasing, Mickey b.

tom2009

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 07:57:42 pm »
are you saying my wife is dodgy Tom  :o

My kids ask, what is the min charge for a con roof, what is the min charge for cleaning the windows, how often and do they clean the frames, what insurance do they have. by this time the window cleaner normally gives up and moves on lol,
Hello Ian  ;D  theres loads of dodgyuns round here mate, i've just got to get better at spottin them. Cheeky mares :P