Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mlscontractcleaner

Re: This is my patch!!!!!
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2010, 12:44:01 pm »
Bloody hell; I went self employed for a nice, easy lifestyle not to go out for a scrap each morning.

You never get this sort of nonsence from the serious window cleaners just the prats who do it for beer money; ignore them and carry on running your business properly; you'll still be there when they're long gone ;)
Come and talk dirty to us!!!

formb

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2010, 01:35:14 pm »
Some of these guys are going a little OTT in my opinion.

I have had similar threats over the years, if you think he's genuine phone him back and record the call, take it straight to the police.

Whenever I have had threats like this in the past I have laughed in response, that usually works. I have never had anyone follow through on their threats (not the violent ones anyway). Chances are this guy is all mouth, that's my experience any way. If you think they might be capable of this sort of thing you have 2 choices.

1. Tell him go ahead. Take your chances.

2. Report him.

I have went with the first option. I've never felt intimidated by threats of this nature.

Whatever you do DONT BACK DOWN.

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2010, 03:59:20 pm »
im prepaered to die to protect my life yes! why arnt you g griffin? dont get me wrong i dont WANT to die.

Gutter

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2010, 04:30:03 pm »
OMG... sorry guys but these comments are bordering insane?  dying, tooled-up, gangs and martial arts training WTF ,
i have spent many. many years involved in violent conflicts in many an hostile environment both at home and over seas and i for one would never get dragged into any type of confrontation over a window that needs washing?

Guys lets get one thing clear violence can be avoided and is only necessary as a last resort... FACT
dont be fooled into thinking about any of this gracie bullS&*£  no amount of martial arts will prepare you for reality (it is actually impossible to... without full contact, eye gouging,knives, multiple attackers, mindset, drugs ETC how will you ever know if it works?)

it always makes me sad, when so many of the internet worriors emerge when violence is mentioned,  if people had ever been in real violent encounters then they would be less likely to big up there willingness to kill or be killed...

grow up boys this is business thats all, trust me when i say you are not dealing with any underground mafia ring or the KGB,  they are just sad little boys hoping to scare you off from there nice easy pocket money.

formb

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2010, 05:10:50 pm »
OMG... sorry guys but these comments are bordering insane?  dying, tooled-up, gangs and martial arts training WTF ,
i have spent many. many years involved in violent conflicts in many an hostile environment both at home and over seas and i for one would never get dragged into any type of confrontation over a window that needs washing?

Guys lets get one thing clear violence can be avoided and is only necessary as a last resort... FACT
dont be fooled into thinking about any of this gracie bullS&*£  no amount of martial arts will prepare you for reality (it is actually impossible to... without full contact, eye gouging,knives, multiple attackers, mindset, drugs ETC how will you ever know if it works?)

it always makes me sad, when so many of the internet worriors emerge when violence is mentioned,  if people had ever been in real violent encounters then they would be less likely to big up there willingness to kill or be killed...

grow up boys this is business thats all, trust me when i say you are not dealing with any underground mafia ring or the KGB,  they are just sad little boys hoping to scare you off from there nice easy pocket money.

So what do you advise he does then?

Ste M

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2010, 05:14:44 pm »
im prepaered to die to protect my life yes! why arnt you g griffin? dont get me wrong i dont WANT to die.

hahaha this really cracks me up, you been on the stella today???? sun does strange and wonderful things to people 8) ;D

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2010, 05:41:02 pm »

hahaha this really cracks me up, you been on the stella today???? sun does strange and wonderful things to people 8) ;D
pmsl ;D ;D ;D ;D
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

G Griffin

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2010, 06:10:01 pm »

If I was prepared to die to protect my life, then I wouldn`t be very good at protecting my life would I?
   Would you be prepared to use a knife if confronted? And possibly kill   :o.
  I certainly wouldn`t. And I don`t want to go jail over a patch dispute  ::).   

Having said that, the last window cleaner that I had a run-in with, did get a smack in the face  >:(.    She won`t make me cry in a hurry again  ;).
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Gutter

« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2010, 07:18:09 pm »
what would do?   i would appologise and walk away...no harm done, i would not ever get involved in a fight over this petty dispute.

far too many people get carried away when insulted, why?  has it caused you injury, so what you get a threat ,
deal with and carry on these guys want a response... dont give them one,

and dont worry about the what if's i.e  what if he has a weapon, what if he nows some rough guys???
99.99% of people are full of s*&$ when it boils down to the fight or flight scenario.

just be polite dont antagonise them and carry on regardless,  this way he wont lose face, you wont care and it's business as usual.

even girly scuffles can end up with someone in a coffin?  please dont get involved... although you may not no me,  trust me when i say it's really not woth it :-\

s.w.c

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2010, 07:25:00 pm »
so much has been said already why not try this,.

walk up to to him grab both sides of his face then give it a slobbery lick right up the face an walk off, forget about the bum pot,

bumper

« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2010, 07:25:27 pm »
All i can say its going to be hard to run your business from a hospital bed ;D

s.w.c

« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2010, 07:42:31 pm »
All i can say its going to be hard to run your business from a hospital bed

best joke Ive heard this year.

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2010, 08:19:50 pm »
yeah what i said was funny now ive looked at it again lol think the sun as got to me hehe

if i die protecting my life i havnt done a very good job! lol

but you know what i mean!  ;D

martinsadie

« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2010, 08:38:18 pm »
if a cleaner has a compact round why would anyone want to get set up to clean 1 house on it, buy your own compact round and get a proper buisness

Squeegee Clean blackpool

« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2010, 06:19:45 am »
Ah Burnley area is the prime example of patches!!!!

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2010, 08:05:44 am »
f£$k patches mate thats soooo 1970's get with the times!!!

LQQK

« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2010, 08:15:25 am »
tool up (baseball bat/big knife etc... if your on your own) and tell em to bring it on! or better yet get a van full of mates to fight back with!

Ive waited for hours for people to show for a fight, never once have they showed up its all words! i think mostly they dont want to go to prison over a job! they are just bully's who target the weak!

and its only the weak who would be scared off by threats!

Are you a prick in real life too?