Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

landy2

printer
« on: June 19, 2010, 06:08:43 pm »
what would be a good printer to buy to print slips for sorry we missed you
and that the ink cartrages are easy and cheap to get

Blue Frog Systems

Re: printer
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 06:42:48 pm »
get an epsom mate... the cartidges are cheap as chips on ebay. They have 4 different cartridges so you only replace the colour you need to.
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

Glen Bullivant

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 06:45:00 pm »
there is a company near me that does epson ink for 65p per cartridge, they are called iconuk google it and enjoy lol

the same cartridges were £7 odd in staples and over a tenner for original epson ink!

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2010, 12:01:02 am »
there is a company near me that does epson ink for 65p per cartridge, they are called iconuk google it and enjoy lol

the same cartridges were £7 odd in staples and over a tenner for original epson ink!

Very good company Iconuk. You a tarn lad Glenn?

Sean Dyer

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2010, 12:38:32 am »
i have an epson which i bought for cheap cartridges but it doesnt recognize them anymore and when it does i get nozzle problems and half the print is missing its a pain in the bum i have spent all day trying to get it to work time for a new printer unfortunately and it aint even very old!

Londoner

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2010, 08:31:48 am »
The cheapest way is to print one and then find a newsagent with a photocopier and copy off a load. Round here there are several and the prices range from 10p a copy down to 3p a copy.

Me? I give them to the wife and she takes them into work.

A lot of the newest printers on the market now have to have the manufacturer's own ink cartridges and they can't be refilled because the chip in them can't be reset.

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2010, 11:55:47 am »
I had a HP previously that wouldnt accept anything other than HP cartridges... The epsom is fine.... only bought it 3 months or so ago
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

paul saunders

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2010, 01:22:43 pm »
Get them done at a local printers. I had 2000 tickets ( business card size) printed for £12, I used to print an A4 sheet with 10 on and cut them out on a guiloteen .................... Untill I found out how cheap it was to have them printed.
I can remember when waking up stiff in the morning was a good thing.

landy2

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2010, 02:49:52 pm »
thanks everyone some great ideas very helpfull

Glen Bullivant

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2010, 03:18:18 pm »

Yes mate, athersley. Yourself?

john tomkins

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2010, 07:40:38 pm »
Get a ciss (continuous ink supply system)! for the epson and it'll cost peanuts to run and as you don't keep getting air in the printheads they dont tend to dry up like when using cartridges all the time.
This is where I get mine
http://www.inkexpress.co.uk/index.php?p=ecom&department=Ink+Systems&model=Ink+Systems

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2010, 07:59:27 pm »
Get a colour laser printer.  You can pick them up for well under £200 nowadays and you will save loads on ink cartridges in the long run.  They are ideal for any type of leaflet printing but not as good as an ink jet for photos.  For work stuff though they are the best and most professional to use, a lot less hassle as well.

Simon.

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2010, 09:06:27 pm »
Get a colour laser printer.  You can pick them up for well under £200 nowadays and you will save loads on ink cartridges in the long run.  They are ideal for any type of leaflet printing but not as good as an ink jet for photos.  For work stuff though they are the best and most professional to use, a lot less hassle as well.

Simon.

I bought a Konika colour laser printer 6 months ago brand new for £80 and the toner cartridges last ages.
your looking at printing 1,000's per cartridge rather then a couple of hundred with inkjets.

Matt
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2010, 09:42:18 pm »

Yes mate, athersley. Yourself?

Gawber for 32 years, moved to scotland 6.5 years ago.
Got family in athersley, Haigh is their surname. Do you know any?

Glen Bullivant

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2010, 10:16:25 pm »
No mate, I don't really know anyone round here, from Leeds originally. Moved to athersley about 3 years ago. So you decided to love somewhere else where they talk funny and have a reputation for being tight! Lol

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2010, 11:37:32 pm »
No mate, I don't really know anyone round here, from Leeds originally. Moved to athersley about 3 years ago. So you decided to love somewhere else where they talk funny and have a reputation for being tight! Lol

Yeah ;) Only, I'm the one who talks funny now! ;D ;D

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2010, 08:58:43 am »

Yeah ;) Only, I'm the one who talks funny now! ;D ;D
how ya going tony ? glens my next door neighbour and im just helping him get started in the world of window cleaning . dave
where theres muck theres money

Sean Dyer

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2010, 02:44:20 pm »
going back to printers :)

just got a black only laser jet printer a hp laser jet 1200

£17.11 ebay - good condition from a solicitors office who have upgraded - toners are £20 ish quid each and all reviews are good

well happy!

Glen Bullivant

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2010, 07:15:48 pm »
Question is what condition is the drum, I would always be careful about used laser printers as lasers, dev units and drums are super expensive to replace.

Sean Dyer

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2010, 07:19:16 pm »
o well for £17 its worth a go !