This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tim82

Have you ever...
« on: June 19, 2010, 05:24:35 pm »
 Have you ever noticed being short changed (intentionally)or ripped off by a customer? I am often chatting away with customers and don't even look at the change as they hand it to me (often there's a bond of trust between you and your customers).

Just watching "The Real Hussle" and it made me wonder if I've ever been conned without knowing it. I did recently find a load of foreign silver money in my change bag and realized someone must have given it me on purpose while chatting away.

Scary thought how easily it could happen really! What do you think?

andyM

Re: Have you ever...
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 05:31:20 pm »
Serves you right for not checking it! ;D
One of the Plebs

Tim82

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 05:33:31 pm »
Serves you right for not checking it! ;D

I know but you get money handed to you so may times a day over months and years, do you check every coin every time you get paid??

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 05:38:38 pm »
whats a few quid tim anyway? ;) ;D ;D

i have had euros instead of £2 coins before today!!i always check my money now when i get paid!!! :P :P
price higher/work harder!

landy2

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 05:38:55 pm »
many times mate and they always bang in forion coins as well

tom2009

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2010, 05:40:24 pm »
I've got a custie whos a £12 job, don't particularly like the lady, previous windy 'never came back', she handed me a tenner through the window as i was in the process of cleaning the floor above and then closed the window quick. I was slightly struck dumb and being a twit hesitated to knock the door for the extra £2. I'll get it next time. Silly cow.

Tim82

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2010, 05:42:22 pm »
whats a few quid tim anyway? ;) ;D ;D

i have had euros instead of £2 coins before today!!i always check my money now when i get paid!!! :P :P

Not just talking small change, could be short of a tenner in your wad of £50, who knows?

Tim82

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2010, 05:47:12 pm »
I had one who was a reliable good payer for years, who started to pay by online banking, was supposed to pay £5 a month, paid alright for a few months but then didnt bother the next few months! I had neglected to check my bank statement, won't happen again. I had even seen her a few times between cleans when she'd owed a few and didnt even say anything.

tom2009

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2010, 06:12:29 pm »
I had one who was a reliable good payer for years, who started to pay by online banking, was supposed to pay £5 a month, paid alright for a few months but then didnt bother the next few months! I had neglected to check my bank statement, won't happen again. I had even seen her a few times between cleans when she'd owed a few and didnt even say anything.
Annoying. I wonder whats going through their minds to let someone do something and know you arn't gonna pay for it. Maybe her dog has chewed your 'windows cleaned today' ticket and she thinks you've give up  ???

david watts

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2010, 09:26:36 pm »
a tip here for evryone; some one hands you a twenty allways take it out of your bag
twice had people say they gave me a 20 when they gave me a ten both times said i havent a 20 on me look?  teds top tip ;D
life is like a box of chocolates you get the crap no one else wants

formb

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2010, 09:25:35 am »
I find that "little old ladies" are the worst for it.

Me: "That'll be £3.50 please"

Little old lady: "Here you go sonny"

Me: "No that's 80p, these coins are 10ps not £1"

Little old lady: "Oh so sorry wait here while I find my purse"

Me: "*&%^ *$%$"