This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

SherwoodCleaningSe

Re: 1st week wfp...fed up!..and complaints!!
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2010, 11:13:40 am »
When I changed over we were getting through over 1000lts a day, there are 2 of us. It meant we had to go back and refill the tank. The work was taking about half as long as normal but it was worth it as the windows came up good. Nowadays when I do a first clean I can use up 100 liters on a house just to make sure it's good. It's hard work but in the long run it's worth it, as the second clean will be a breeze. For first cleans I think it's a good idea to rinse brush off as well where you can, especially if the frames are bad.

Would always check and redo work on first cleans as well otherwise you will start loosing customers. When I changed over it was a really educational experiance as to who was loyal, some long standing customers who had been what I thought my best customers started moaning about silly little things.

Simon.  

lee_dewing

« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2010, 11:29:35 am »
good luck daz.

I had same problems when i started.

doing downstairs trad is good idea and is what i did.

as you get more experienced, then do whole house wfp.

On my last clean trad i cleaned top frame  to help avoid run marks.

I have read your previous posts and i know your very cautious as i am.

And it is disheartening when you feel that you have done absoutlety everything you can; and you still get spots.

Even now on some clean i notice some slight spotting.

I think it was pingu who said "wfp, is good enough for my customers, but not good enough for me"

I can't remember the last time i had a complaint due to spotting (shouldn't of said that :D)

People will except it, if someone complains don't admit that your having a lot of probs, or offer to go back to ladders.

as mb said your starting over;  but after 3 cleans you will get quicker and earn more.

All the best to you daz; hang in there ;)
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

anthony eton

« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2010, 11:54:03 am »
Chin up Daz,I am new to wfp like you and I do upstairs with pole and trad down stairs,its weird how some windows come up good (with pole) yet others are crap even though I follow the same technique.on all. Still, have only been using wfp for seven weeks so I know I have a lot to learn I hope it works out well eventually as I prefer it to ladders.So mate Keep Calm And Carry On! 8) cheers Ant.

mark dew

« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2010, 12:32:47 pm »
I agree about the comments on water usage and brush. You should use 2 litres per minute on 1st cleans or more.
And vikan brushes hold more debris than my local dump.
And pull that red bit of rubber off if you have one around the brush. You will end up with all sorts of comments about the red marks it leaves behind.
The gardiners superlite brush is far superior in every way. It's much lighter but on domestic work i don't the weight an issue. It is the lack of debris the brush holds and then transfers onto the glass, which makes it better. Quicker.

groundhog

« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2010, 02:05:13 pm »
Biggest mistake you made was getting a silly 50 litre trolley!

I did tell him, but he wouldn't listen!!!!!!!!!  ;D

dazmond

« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2010, 03:59:39 pm »
thanks for the advice guys but ive got my flow on 60 and i feel like im using loads of water and only using 225L A DAY!!!8hours!)

ive not even thought about saving water as i can always top up when i need to straight away!!

im using 5mm pole hose as extension hose.could this affect the flow?

i am going pretty slow compared to trad.

the vikan brush has great scrubbing power and its monofilament and hardly holds the dirt!!its a bit heavy and the pole is crap for rinsing off esp over a garage or conny.it bends all over the place making it very hard on my left shoulder!!i dont want to do myself an injury!id rather make a mess of the window!!! ::) ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2010, 04:08:16 pm »
im very happy with the 50L TROLLEY!!its a fantastic bit of kit!and defo suits my work i did last week and itll be perfect for next weeks as well.

trolleys were made for compact domestic!

i take it out in the morning and put it back in the van at the end of the day!same all next week!! ;) ;D ;D

Tom White

« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2010, 04:17:20 pm »
It'll get better, Daz, trust me.  It really does work, but like anything, you can't expect miracles overnight, and it'll take a bit of perseverance.

And I bet, considering you've been a window cleaner for 16+ years, you've refused good paying accounts such as big leaded houses with massive leaded conservatories; jobs like these are a DREAM with WFP.  You can charge 'trad prices', but clean them in 'wfp time' (which is about 75% quicker than trad at least).

First cleans are a pain though.  Many of the spots and stuff will be from old soap residue, and next month it'll be a lot less noticeable, and the following clean will be a dream.

That's a promise.  ;)

Steve Weatherley

« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2010, 04:21:42 pm »
Not sure if anyone has asked on this thread, but what's your TDS reading daz?

dazmond

« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2010, 04:29:23 pm »
thanks tosh!

i think last night when i ranted i was overtired and had 3 complaints which i can never remember happening when i was trad(not in one day anyway!!).

today i feel like ill learn more as i go on.also im happy to not have to  climb ladders for most of my work!!

i also completed the work last week that i wanted to even though i worked longer for it im not getting behind with work!

i cant see me losing too many custys as ive explained itll take a few months until i find my feet with the new system!! ;) ;D ;D

dazmond

« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2010, 04:31:34 pm »
tds is 35 out of the tap and 000 when going into the barrels(through a brand new huge 25L DI VESSEL!!) steve!!!

Steve Weatherley

« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2010, 04:41:09 pm »
OK Daz so it's not your tds reading. Sounds like your method is correct so tend to agree with comments about the Gardiners brush.
I hope you manage to sort the problems out.

Tom White

« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2010, 04:43:43 pm »
OK Daz so it's not your tds reading. Sounds like your method is correct so tend to agree with comments about the Gardiners brush.
I hope you manage to sort the problems out.

I've used all sorts of brushes, and they're all pretty good; so there could be another factor such as  bad technique due to inexperience.

WISEOWL

« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2010, 04:58:20 pm »
I haven't had chance to read the whole thread and I am sure the good folk on here have given you some top advice.

All I can say is in six months time you will be wondering what all the fuss was about - stick with it I promise it gets easier.

dazmond

« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2010, 04:59:09 pm »
i think you ve got it in one tosh!!!

ill just need to practice more !!!on paying custys!!! ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D

Tom White

« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2010, 11:48:36 pm »

ill just need to practice more !!!on paying custys!!! ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D

I remember I used to fanny about rinsing loads and loads, but one Sunday afternoon Wor Lass bent my ear about cleaning our own house windows.

I lost my temper and set about washing my own windows really quickly, REALLY QUICKLY, just to shut her up.  And guess what?  They came up lovely; and that's what really upped my confidence in WFP.

dazmond

« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2010, 07:05:05 am »
tosh when i cleaned my flat windows first time wfp they came up crap!i cleaned them again the next day and guess what?they came up GREAT!!EVEN IN STRONG SUNLIGHT!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2010, 09:23:55 am »
keep,cleaning,and,taking,the,money ;D
Spit and polish