This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Gav Camm lammy 283

Re: 1st week wfp...fed up!..and complaints!!
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2010, 10:07:34 pm »
Its real tough starting,.. but I promise you it does get easier.

wot you doing ere nat u shud be busy on my web site lol
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

Ste M

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2010, 10:18:20 pm »
daz i had the same thoughts as you when i switched, i clean everything wfp now and its great, i switched as quick as i could to a van mount an its even better, if i were you i would definatly change the brush for a gardiners mate, its £35 and its the best bit of kit you will get

dazmond

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2010, 10:19:36 pm »
well then trevor the only way a new job will come up right is to trad it!! ;) ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

chopsie

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2010, 10:20:44 pm »
if i were you i would definatly change the brush for a gardiners mate, its £35 and its the best bit of kit you will get
yeh, you can leave spots with a light brush instead of a heavier one.  ;D ;D ;D
chopsie

Ste M

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2010, 10:45:24 pm »
chopsie where are you based? why dont you go out with someone an see if you can pick up some tips? i have been wfp for 8 months an the only gripe one custy had was that bird poo leaves a slight mark (shadows) but it goes after the next clean, this custy is the most pickiest i have, she loves the way it cleans the windows and the frames and i know that if i was leaving spots then she would tell me

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2010, 11:32:20 pm »
chopsie where are you based? why dont you go out with someone an see if you can pick up some tips? i have been wfp for 8 months an the only gripe one custy had was that bird poo leaves a slight mark (shadows) but it goes after the next clean, this custy is the most pickiest i have, she loves the way it cleans the windows and the frames and i know that if i was leaving spots then she would tell me
ste really you cleaning better wfp now

Ste M

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2010, 11:34:48 pm »
ste really you cleaning better wfp now

ye, i gove the whole package now mate, i clean the frames, all the doore, conny roofs and facias, the finsh on the galss is much better if you ask me, i still get the odd spot but if i checked all my work as stringent as i am with wfp then im sure id find some smears

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2010, 11:41:21 pm »
i av to say i was di only problem after problem
brought a small round in hanbrige (chester) wiv a m8 ov mines who is fully wfp
i since fill up wiv his ro d water still av problems
chester work is full wfp most ov wrexham is still trad aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lol ;D

Ste M

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2010, 12:34:10 am »

does nat do websites? i want one doing soon, how much is he charging you gav ?

Ste M

« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2010, 12:35:13 am »
i av to say i was di only problem after problem
brought a small round in hanbrige (chester) wiv a m8 ov mines who is fully wfp
i since fill up wiv his ro d water still av problems
chester work is full wfp most ov wrexham is still trad aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lol ;D

wat sort of problems though gav?

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2010, 01:06:28 am »

does nat do websites? i want one doing soon, how much is he charging you gav ?
ste shall i ring u 2moro

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2010, 01:13:57 am »
ste jus txtd u m8 cant say on ere but nats
grrrrrrrr8 m8 trust me mine not up n running
yet but in pipeline  ;D

Ste M

« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2010, 01:24:23 am »
ste jus txtd u m8 cant say on ere but nats
grrrrrrrr8 m8 trust me mine not up n running
yet but in pipeline  ;D

cheers fella got it an replied

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2010, 01:28:48 am »
same same ste will bell u 2moro ;)

WCE

« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2010, 02:16:44 am »
heres what i do

scrub frames and glass all around.go back to first window and just clean the glass and a good rinse(off for downstairs,brush on upstairs)

i use a vikan monofilament brush and water is nought nought nought.flow on 60(pure freedom flowcontroller)

some windows have come up good and everyones frames are gleaming!!the glass isnt too good on quite a few(spotting).

i finish by wiping sill with brush(water off)

i give my brush a clean after every house with my hand to get rid of any bits and cobwebs

regards

dazmond

Well there is the first problem - If using a Vikan then rinse off the glass on first cleans at least! Email me (addy in profile ;) ) and I will go through  the problems you are having and sort them!
WCE- For Windows that shine everytime!

chopsie

« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2010, 07:55:19 am »
Am in derby mate, cover derby and Ashbourne area. I will keep my eye out for someone wfp ing to get some tips. Trouble is how do I know he is any good !!
I have only had 2 complaints the other week when it turns out i had flow on too fast, nothing but compliments otherwise, and recommendations. Think complaints set me back a bit, Now i keep checking my results and am not overly impressed with them  :( Suppose if customers don't complain then i should not. I just want to make a good job and keep everybody happy.
chopsie

« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2010, 08:35:38 am »
I think, from your earlier posts, that you are trying to do first cleans with too little water. When I started I used 250L in a mornings work. Now that they are 5 years down the line I use half that.

My advice to any WFP start-up who has trad work is to give the frames a thorough clean on the last trad clean and use a lot of water to rinse on the first WFP clean.

You cant get them up very well first time with minimal water. Major mistake IMO is to try and see how small an amount of water or tank you can get away with.

Van system all the way until you know they come up OK then you can turn down the flow.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2010, 10:10:46 am »
250ltrs in a morning is defo what I'd use on first cleans, maybe even more.

rinse off for 1st floor (it ain't that hard) just in case your brush is contaminated,.. with all the dirt from first cleaning of frames it probably is.

Get a superlight brush,.. you'll be surprised what a difference it makes even on the end of a heavy pole!

« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2010, 10:55:10 am »
I had a bucket of pure and kept rinsing the brush as well, just to be sure all the bits were off.

Scrimble

« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2010, 11:08:09 am »
stick at it dazmond, when i first started on the pole i was slow and had doubts, now i would never go back to using ladders i have given away all my work which needs ladders to a local trad lad,

in my opinion your using way too much water having it on 60, if your getting runs and spots then YOU are doing it wrong its not the system which cleans the windows YOU are so you are to blame.

all this talk that wfp is crap on 1st cleans is a load of balls, i can do first cleans with all the frames etc faster and to a higher standard than i ever could spidermaning it up a ladder.

50 litre trolley? well rather you than me! get yourself a decent pole your using a crap pole with a crap brush