This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

1st week wfp...fed up!..and complaints!!
« on: June 18, 2010, 08:06:59 pm »
finished until monday.its been a hard slow week!

i did a bit of collecting when i finished and i was shocked at some of the windows!some were gleaming but most had some sort of spotting and runs ::) ::)

ive been a lot slower than trad and its cost me more to clean the windows(resin etc)and for the first time in years im getting complaints!i feel embarrassed about taking the money off some of my custys! ::) ::)

im sick of wfp already and feel like jacking it in!

i will give it my best shot over the next 3 months then if things dont improve i will go back to trad.

im just hoping in the next few weeks ill get better at it and once all first cleans are out of the way ill give a better standard of clean.

my custys are used to the windows being left gleaming and not with spots on!!

luckily a lot are giving me a few more chances as they know ive took considerably longer than trad and invested money into this new way of cleaning.

a lot are long standing custys so i dont think ill lose any.but lets be honest here!

wfp is  so unpredictable!with trad you know youve cleaned the windows to a good standard and its very cheap overheads.

wfp and who knows?..........until the windows dried!!so wasting even more time checking over your work later on in the day.its bloody madness!!

i really do see wfp as a VERY BIG MISTAKE at the present moment.ill stick it out and work hard at trying my best to make it work.

tradding lower windows i think is the best bet next week.there is no way i could EVER BE FASTER WFP on downstairs windows!!its just ridiculous to suggest that you can!faffing about with hose etc.

and as for results well!!some are excellent but still not as shiny as doing em trad with gg3!!and others just crap!!

im ranting now!im overtired and its been a draining week.

now where did i leave my squeegee.....?!!! ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

Nathanael Jones

Re: 1st week wfp...fed up!..and complaints!!
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 08:10:08 pm »
Its real tough starting,.. but I promise you it does get easier.

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 08:19:09 pm »
How can it be so bad? I cant remember so many problems when I swapped over.

easy

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 08:32:06 pm »
dazmond.....Find a local guy that using the pole system to show you if you may be doing the wrong way.No offence.

My mate gave me good advice & showing me what to do as he realises I was wasting so much time and water on a window when I first started... ;)

cleewindows

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 08:38:24 pm »
Biggest mistake you made was getting a silly 50 litre trolley!

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2010, 08:54:26 pm »
heres what i do

scrub frames and glass all around.go back to first window and just clean the glass and a good rinse(off for downstairs,brush on upstairs)

i use a vikan monofilament brush and water is nought nought nought.flow on 60(pure freedom flowcontroller)

some windows have come up good and everyones frames are gleaming!!the glass isnt too good on quite a few(spotting).

i finish by wiping sill with brush(water off)

i give my brush a clean after every house with my hand to get rid of any bits and cobwebs

regards

dazmond

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2010, 08:56:30 pm »
clee windows im lovin the trolley!great bit of kit and its perfect for the big estate ive been cleaning this week! ;) ;)

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2010, 09:00:03 pm »
Nothing wrong with what you're doing Daz,.. but there are little tricks & techniques that you'd never even consciously realise you're  doing when you're experienced at WFP but that you just mightn't think of starting out. A day with an experienced guy could really help mate.

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2010, 09:06:16 pm »
try turning your flow up and just washing the frame and glass in one go rather than doing it and coming back

i go along the top of the frame and let the water run down on to the glass  then i just do W up and down the frame and glass a few times  pull off and rinse and move on to next

Dave Willis

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2010, 09:10:21 pm »
Are you rinsing on or off the glass?

Generally wfp is shocking on first cleans. Absolutely crap! It's not so much the tool that's poor or the operator, it's just that any dirt trapped in beading takes forever to wash out, same with dirt on top of the frame. You've just got to grin and bear it. it does improve on the second clean and so on.
Just don't listen to the hype on here from guys who reckon they are perfect it doesn't happen. Vents are a nightmare even a spider disturbing trapped water will cause a run.
When you go back to collect look under the bevelled edge of the frame and you'll often see dirty drip marks - next time you clean you'll remember to wash there more thoroughly. Watch out for overspray hitting the areas you aren't cleaning too.

keep going and you'll gradually work out the worst problem areas for yourself.

bobby p

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2010, 09:31:11 pm »
round my way the WFPolers tell their customers  the wfp is the only legal way to do it,so theyve no option  and this seems to deter any doubters from dropping them ,so this may be a thing you could say

might backfire though if a few months later you start using your ladders again though ! as you will be seen as a rogue type

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2010, 09:33:24 pm »
Daz it is a steep learning curve when using WFP.
When we all started out window cleaning traditionally we were slow and it took a little while to grasp the technique and speed.
WFP is like starting to learn how to clean windows again.
Stick with it mate it WILL get better.

When you wash the frames, do you also wash the vents at the top of the windows?
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

Platinum

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2010, 09:44:13 pm »
Daz

I went WFP and quickly went back to trad. It may be more physical and more dangerous but you will never get better results then traditional cleaning. I now know that if i get a complaint it is my fault and not my equipment

Regards
Danny

Dave Willis

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2010, 09:47:44 pm »
Platinum - how do you get commercial contracts if your not using wfp?

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2010, 09:47:57 pm »
MB i stay well away from the vents!if they are visibly dirty ill give them a quick wipe with the brush(water off)

i think ill stick to my original plan of only wfpoling upper windows/commercial and awkward lower ones and trad the rest.

i enjoy trad and this way im safer/quicker/do a better job(on lower windows anyway!!)and im mixing and matching to vary my work!

wfp gets too boring using it all day!plus its heavy on the shoulder muscles!!ill save water and not get the hose snagging as much and holding me up!! ;) ;D ;D

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2010, 09:50:21 pm »
i just blast the vents with water and it runs down,  can see the point of just wiping it

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2010, 09:56:57 pm »
danny how long did you stick it for mate?

im not one for giving in too easily!!

only a fool would not see the benefits of wfp on upper windows/large country houses and commercial.

how could you get back on the ladders when every day you risk breaking a bone or worse when there is no need to?

i accept wfp is not perfect but if i can get the standard up to "reasonable" for upper windows ill be well happy and trad the lowers for piece of mind for the householders!! ;D ;D

trevor povey

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2010, 10:00:53 pm »
All  around the frame needs to be spotless... scrub around framework 4 or 5 times then to make sure  jump up your ladder to check it ... on a new job the windows have to be spot on none of this second best attitude were people say it takes 2 or 3 times to come up right........ it has to come up right first time!!

tomy jackson

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2010, 10:03:26 pm »
its a lerning curv but it will come write

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2010, 10:04:39 pm »
very true but yr talkin to an exp wc ere 16yrs trad not a newbie
who is used to perfect results as well as satsified custys
it is a differant way ov cleaning which at best is unpredictable fact
if still not happy av a word wiv sum of my custys
wfp aint all that fact end ov  ;)
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."