This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

LWC

Ink Cartridges
« on: June 18, 2010, 04:54:05 pm »
I go through ink pretty regulary with printing invoices and window cleaner pro worksheets every day and one of my customers supplies ink, which is good. Just thought id share the website with you hes really decent

http://www.eezytrade.co.uk/

Ring him and say Matt the window cleaner told ya to ring  :)

Nathanael Jones

Re: Ink Cartridges
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 10:12:14 am »
CISS systems are better :p

cockney rebel

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 10:17:26 am »
My misses sells 'em. Even cheaper. ;D

Elginn

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 10:51:03 am »
CISS systems are better :p

Same here, Saves a fortune on ink and you can buy 100ml refils from ebay.

darragh windows

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 01:32:49 pm »
buy your ciss ink from here
 http://www.druckerpatronentankstellen.de/product_info.php?language=en&products_id=86751

its german ink better than a lot of the stuff on ebay especially if you use it for photos aswell
jamie

Londoner

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2010, 03:44:06 pm »
Our old printer broke so I went out and bought another. I was shocked later to find that the cartridges for the new one can't be refilled because you can't reset the chip. The man in the shop said this is the way they will all go eventually.

darragh windows

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2010, 04:35:50 pm »
Our old printer broke so I went out and bought another. I was shocked later to find that the cartridges for the new one can't be refilled because you can't reset the chip. The man in the shop said this is the way they will all go eventually.

vince check the link above you may not beable to reset the chips but they may be replacable with ones that dont need reset
jamie

Londoner

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2010, 08:52:11 am »
No I have been into all that because my son is a student and prints off loads of stuff. Its a Canon and the software that controls it is in the computer driver software and its unbeatable the man in the refill shop tells me. Canon have spent a lot of time and effort making it so because they want to corner the market in cartridge sales. So they sell you a bargain printer for a very reasonable price and you think you have done well but then they screw you £16 a time for a black ink cartridge. We have already spent much more on ink than we paid originally for the printer.

Going to look for a secondhand printer on ebay that has refilable cartridges.

He also said its a trend thats going to grow because all the manufacturers want the cartridge business back in their control.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2010, 09:27:33 am »
No I have been into all that because my son is a student and prints off loads of stuff. Its a Canon and the software that controls it is in the computer driver software and its unbeatable the man in the refill shop tells me. Canon have spent a lot of time and effort making it so because they want to corner the market in cartridge sales. So they sell you a bargain printer for a very reasonable price and you think you have done well but then they screw you £16 a time for a black ink cartridge. We have already spent much more on ink than we paid originally for the printer.

Going to look for a secondhand printer on ebay that has refilable cartridges.

He also said its a trend thats going to grow because all the manufacturers want the cartridge business back in their control.

The Canon chips have been beaten,.. more than 6 months ago now!
I have a canon printer with a CISS system fitted,.. you can also buy just the auto-reset re-fillable cartridges off ebay

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2010, 09:29:13 am »
Item number 180512170783

Jack Wallace

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2010, 09:42:57 am »
A mate of mine used to be a manager a staples, He told me they once sold a printer that was so cheap, and the replacement ink so expensive that customers replaced the WHOLE thing instead of just the ink. (so much for saving the planet)  :o
Its crazy that these companies are allowed to get away with it.

Printer ink is the second most expensive fluid on the planet, purfume being top.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/consumers/liquid-expensive.html

Glen Bullivant

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2010, 09:52:34 am »
I buy from iconUK in barnsley - they do shipping too, i paid 65p per cartridge for an epson dx3800 and its pigment based ink like the manufacturers use instead of dye based like lots of the 'compatibles' use.