Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

poleman

SCAM!
« on: June 18, 2010, 04:24:27 pm »
Just got in and had a message left on my answer phone saying can you call this number we are HMR Customs!!

So I think of poop what have I done

So I phone this number 08453020136 and woman on the other end tells me that I owe them £1000 for non payment of VAT

I said I pay by DD to which she says we have not received this month! and can you pay by card over the phone I said ok but as aim by my pc are check online banking to see if it went through! to which she put the phone down!  :o then the penny dropped! someone had tried to scam me!

So be aware of this scam, trying to take money of a hard work window cleaning is pretty low in my book!

Blue Frog Systems

Re: SCAM!
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 05:19:43 pm »
Report it to the police and HMRC asap matey
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 07:51:10 pm »
should of know it was a scam HMRC dont phone u then just fu&k you

DaveG

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 08:10:40 pm »
Just got in and had a message left on my answer phone saying can you call this number we are HMR Customs!!

So I think of poop what have I done

So I phone this number 08453020136 and woman on the other end tells me that I owe them £1000 for non payment of VAT

I said I pay by DD to which she says we have not received this month! and can you pay by card over the phone I said ok but as aim by my pc are check online banking to see if it went through! to which she put the phone down!  :o then the penny dropped! someone had tried to scam me!

So be aware of this scam, trying to take money of a hard work window cleaning is pretty low in my book!

Did you say "HARD WORKING"????????????? ;D
You can't polish a turd

Glen Bullivant

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 08:29:35 pm »
rule of thumb with any company that calls asking for money is to ask their company name, find the number on the web then call them. this kind of scam is called 'blagging' and is very common.

Smudgeoff Cleaning Services

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2010, 07:59:54 am »
Very true Blue Monkey  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
" To Get It All Off Call Smudgeoff"