Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

the mistakes newbies make.........
« on: June 17, 2010, 11:31:32 pm »
ive been hearing a few stories of guys buying all the wfp equipment BEFORE theyve got the work and struggling to pay for all the extra expense etc.then sellin up!! ::) ::)

im lucky as ive been trad for 16 years with a well established round.im current changing over around 300 custys to wfp!HARD WORK!but i dont shirk at a challenge!

ive been selling wfp to my custys with the positive aspect of wfp heres some im brainwashing my custys with!! ;)

frames and glass get cleaned as standard

its a much more thorough clean due to a constant supply of fresh pure water!

privacy and no holes in the lawn(just a few broken plant pots!!)

windows and frames will not go grey or get algae growing on them

they will not come home and find a dead window cleaner on the patio cos he s fell of his ladder(he tripped over his pole while looking up and cracked his head open instead!) ;D ;D

i offer a complete valet service for windows and frames for the same price!

skylights and other awkward windows can now be cleaned!!

plants get watered for free!!

windows stay cleaner as no detergent is being used
price higher/work harder!

jouk45

Re: the mistakes newbies make.........
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 11:34:54 pm »
you forgot guaranteed no broken tiles  ;D

chopsie

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 11:38:18 pm »
Its this places fault for making us worry about falling off ladders.  ;D
chopsie

tomy jackson

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 08:54:38 am »
and worry you shud cos its danderes up and down laders  ::)

lyndy

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 09:16:45 am »
Have you put prices up for them extra windows you cam now do?

Justen Uff

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2010, 09:18:48 am »
Carnt aniebody spel on here?

birdymiller

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2010, 09:43:35 am »
i was in a similar position to you dazmond 2 years ago, 10 years trad experience made the switch to wfp trolley, spent about £1300 in those 2 years, what a waste. Just sold my set up, lost a grand. I gave it a good go but wfp is just so much hastle, sure its safer but that is the only benefit. Good luck to you but its not only newbies that make mistakes. I am back trad now and loving work again after 2 years of trying to persuade myself and my customers that wfp works.

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2010, 11:14:34 am »
i was in a similar position to you dazmond 2 years ago, 10 years trad experience made the switch to wfp trolley, spent about £1300 in those 2 years, what a waste. Just sold my set up, lost a grand. I gave it a good go but wfp is just so much hastle, sure its safer but that is the only benefit. Good luck to you but its not only newbies that make mistakes. I am back trad now and loving work again after 2 years of trying to persuade myself and my customers that wfp works.

Thats a sad story
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2010, 12:12:07 pm »
It's easier when you have an established round, but as birdymiller's experience shows you can't guarantee success.

I sold it to my customers in a similar way, however, now I would recommend selling it less so.
To explain,
"We can now reach windows over conservatories"
True, but be sure to charge extra
"Frames will be cleaner"
I kept the frames clean trad as it made a better impression, however now I find that after a couple of years most frames need some attention and recommend to my customers that they have a deep clean of the frames for which they get charged for.
"It is much more thorough"
Not so sure that it is, see above comment.

I think sometimes in our already nervous state we can over sell and make life more difficult for us.

john tomkins

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2010, 12:24:41 pm »

Honest assessment there mate...

paul saunders

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2010, 02:25:19 pm »
Carnt aniebody spel on here?

My mum always said to me " don't knock the afflicted" so with that thought in mind I'll leave you alone.
But what I will say (and I don't make a habit of swearing on an open forum) is, if all you can do is take the p!ss out of someone who has a problem, the best thing you can do is p!ss off and don't come back!!!!
I can remember when waking up stiff in the morning was a good thing.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2010, 02:47:58 pm »

Sorry to hear that.  I can't help wondering if the problem was that you didn't move on to a van mount.

birdymiller

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2010, 03:06:37 pm »
no van mount would have meant more reeling of hoses and snags so i went for backpacks. I found that to get anywhere near as good a finish as trad you have to rinse loads and then you are quicker to get ladder out. After taking into account van parking, moving, refilling and extra rinsing trad for me wins. This is not a wfp v trad speed thread its me stating that its not just newbies that make mistakes we all can! mine was to try wfp

james44

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2010, 03:14:26 pm »
I kept the frames clean trad as it made a better impression, however now I find that after a couple of years most frames need some attention and recommend to my customers that they have a deep clean of the frames for which they get charged for.
"It is much more thorough"

Why don`t you clean the frames?

Paul Coleman

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2010, 03:31:08 pm »
no van mount would have meant more reeling of hoses and snags so i went for backpacks. I found that to get anywhere near as good a finish as trad you have to rinse loads and then you are quicker to get ladder out. After taking into account van parking, moving, refilling and extra rinsing trad for me wins. This is not a wfp v trad speed thread its me stating that its not just newbies that make mistakes we all can! mine was to try wfp

Indeed.  A lot can depend on the type of work that you have so I would agree that WFP isn't always quicker.  I seem to have got the van mount and gradually moved away from work where van mount isn't suitable.  I do use backpack for the occasional hard to park place etc.
Maybe you would have been better to keep the WFP kit for the odd window that is difficult by trad?

JSMC

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2010, 05:26:30 pm »
wfp is a good tool and nothing else. i have found myself trad on some jobs lately as  keep seeing probs with wfp.

actually enjoy trad TBH and can walk away confident that i done a good job

tws

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2010, 06:52:14 pm »
how refreshing to see and judging by all the hassle people post about wfp many more will be for sale on ebay, the method is really not good enough, if hot soapy water came out that brush followed by a cold rinse it might do a good job but for now its only good for cleaning third floor upwards sham because we can all see the safety aspect ,i mean can you imagine going to your car wash and thay just used could water you,d stay at home and run the hose pipe over it? never been convinced by wfp a better product must be developed.   

martinsadie

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2010, 07:12:46 pm »

ive been selling wfp to my custys with the positive aspect of wfp heres some im brainwashing my custys with!! ;)

privacy and no holes in the lawn(just a few broken plant pots!!)

have the holes you made in the last 16 years just dissappeared  :o

dazmond

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2010, 09:19:23 pm »
after my limited experience with wfp i think its great for upper windows/big conservatories/large houses/commercial AFTER the first cleans are out of the way.

but for your average run of the mill semi you cant beat trad on lower windows/bungalows.

i feel it might be better for me to wfp all upper windows and give the squeegy a work out on lower windows as i originally intended to do.

i thought id try wfp on tops and bottoms and its been a nightmare quite frankly!!
price higher/work harder!

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2010, 10:06:34 pm »
hear hear daz too true after 16yrs trad u no its done right
wfp unpredictable end ov  ;D
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."