This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Customer has accused me of burning her car New
« on: June 17, 2010, 02:35:32 pm »
 ;)

Re: Customer has accused me of burning her car
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 02:44:27 pm »
one wash with wfp shoudnt change a cars colour,  if it was wfp the rest of the car should change as well

LQQK

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 03:34:39 pm »
I hope you dont use the same brush you use on cars on windows as well.

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 03:36:23 pm »
The damage she is speaking about is sun bleach. Red us the worst colour for sun bleaching and a bluebird is going to suffer as it's an old car.

However fairy isn't made for washing cars, if your going to use solutions on cars make sure that they are made for cars.

Simon

SB Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 03:41:30 pm »
Nissan Bluebird!!

I aint seen one on the roads for ages!!

She got to be trying it on mate ;D

LWC

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 03:59:53 pm »
Ask her does it change colour when it rains. Say sorry but thats nothing to do with you fella.

bobby p

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 04:15:12 pm »
never wash a car in hot sun.  also never volunteer to wash a car that hasnt been washed for a long time , otherwise you will just loosen the crud film .

you probably can t-cut the whole car ,this will take you hours   but will still be far cheaper than a re-spray !

Re: Customer has accused me of burning her car New
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2010, 04:36:03 pm »
 ;)

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2010, 05:04:22 pm »
Hot sun! Washing cars!

Sorry but they dont mix. My last van was blue, nicely T-cut and shiny and I washed it in hot sun and the soap and water acted as some sort of magnifying glass and I ended up with a van with permanent 'soap shadow'.

You could well be at fault, it is one reason most hand car washers have a canopy. And why most of us stick to what we know!

Re: Customer has accused me of burning her car New
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2010, 05:09:53 pm »
 ;)

Scrimble

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2010, 05:23:06 pm »
seriously is this a joke? i cant believe people are washing cars with wfp brushes and using T-cut still.

cat9921

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2010, 05:23:51 pm »
Go round and say that your are deeply sorry, Not for what you have been accused of but the fact that she is a woman  ;D

Adders

LQQK

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2010, 05:27:12 pm »

Steptoes - why not use the same brush on windows as cars?  Have I ruined my brush?

There'll be oil on car wheels, off the road and diesel/petrol. Wouldn't want that on a WFP brush. Wheels are usually the dirtiest part of a car that gets cleaned, I'd say easy to contaminate a brush that way.

drevitt

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2010, 05:29:57 pm »
it is not the wfp that did it, can you remember a few years ago flash bought out an attachment to put n the end of a hose to rinse off cars when washed, i think this was just a resin container (same as wfp) so no way will it have been that. tell her you have done many cars before and never had a problem.

windowcleaninginessex.co.uk

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2010, 05:42:42 pm »
I wash my van weekly with wfp, not the same brush as i use for windows, plus don't use it on the wheels, it comes up a treat every time when rinsed off. Saves drying with a chamois leather

As for washing in direct sun light, a friend comes and valets my wifes car every now and again, IN DIRECT SUN LIGHT SOMETIMES,  never had a problem but he doesn't use fairy

Darren 
---THE BEST YOU CAN GET---
www.windowcleaninginessex.co.uk

LQQK

« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2010, 05:54:48 pm »
If you go round there and pour 5 litres of petrol in the passenger side window then throw a match inside she'll have been proved correct 

JSMC

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2010, 05:56:10 pm »
red paint is famous for that. also trying to match the colour is very hard as it's metameric. we use dto have bothe rwith reds in the tannery when spraying leather

Darranvps

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2010, 05:57:37 pm »
I did my first car yesterday with wfp pure water rinse off and now the woman concerned has rung up and says I have 'burnt' her car  :o :o :o

So I went around and sure enough, the pain over the WHOLE car has gone a funny shade of red - more like a dark pink, but the ing is I can't really remember what colour it was before, I just had it down as reddish.

Anyway, the paint odes look funny and I don't really know if it was like this b4 or not.  What should I do? She is making a right fuss now about getting it re-sprayed (it's a Nissan Bluebird, can't remember the plate year) and now I wish I hadn't washed any effing car with wfp!  >:( :( :( :(

And no, I didn't put anything in the water, just some fairy for the wheels that were black.

Tell her to polish it with Turtle Wax and it will be better than new ;D
We had a similar problem with a red car in Bulgaria at our car wash - we charged sixty pounds to polish it by hand with Turtle Wax and it shone like a Ferrari

John Walker

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2010, 06:13:06 pm »

i agree about red cars being a problem.  I had a red merc and used the special red polish which brought it up nicely over a period of months (cheaper than a re-spray).  I left it parked outside my office and one of my drivers decided to do me a favour and used a pressure washer on it.  It took all the months of polish off it and it looked just like the description of the 'burnt' car on this thread.  So...  it could be that it's just a case of polish being  stripped off.
BaxWalker Window Cleaning

cleewindows

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2010, 07:00:34 pm »
thought you had sold up m8????
it is not the wfp that did it, can you remember a few years ago flash bought out an attachment to put n the end of a hose to rinse off cars when washed, i think this was just a resin container (same as wfp) so no way will it have been that. tell her you have done many cars before and never had a problem.