This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Davie T

Franking machine
« on: June 17, 2010, 12:48:20 pm »
Anyone using a franking machine rather than buying stamps ?
Is it cheaper one way or the other ?

Advice please

Thanks

Sapphire Window Cleaning

Re: Franking machine
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 01:01:56 pm »
I have been told it is expensive unless you are mailing 100's and 100's
I looked into it and Royal mail wanted £500 for the franking machine then x amount for the ink cartridges.

Matt
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

Darranvps

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 01:30:35 pm »
Try Pitney Bowes, I used them in my last business in 2004.
It wasn't expensive, and they gave me weighing scales to accurately frank the envelopes. They also provided me with a logo to stamp on at the same time - which made us look professional to the guy who opened the mail at least ;D

Davie T

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 02:31:52 pm »
Hi Darranvps,

Thanks for reply.

I was wondering about logo etc on the outer envelope - is it a good thing or a bad one ?

Being negative the customer will see your logo on the envelope and may not open it, knowing whom its from, especially if he is a slow payer!

Being positive, your name is on show etc etc.

paul rulton

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 02:45:02 pm »
my m8 uses 1of these, & he thinks its great cause the royal mail r supposed 2count all the franked
letters 7 then u get the bill. but he says they never bother countin them,
but they just sort most of them in there boxes with outcounting them LOL.
 so it dont cost him much at all.

formb

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 05:20:59 pm »
Franking machines are for sending stuff out not sending stuff back to yourself.

What you want is business reply plus.

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/content3?catId=400041&mediaId=22100438

Costs very little to set up.

Has saved me £100s.

Davie T

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 05:43:04 pm »
Hi Form B

Thanks for reply.

I am sending out envelopes to customers with Invoices so I need to frank them before posting.

I enclose an  addressed envelope within  my envelope but do not affix a stamp - let them do it !

formb

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2010, 05:48:53 pm »
You need to be sending out alot of invoices to warrant a Franking machine.   :o

Darranvps

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2010, 06:03:25 pm »
Hi Darranvps,

Thanks for reply.

I was wondering about logo etc on the outer envelope - is it a good thing or a bad one ?

Being negative the customer will see your logo on the envelope and may not open it, knowing whom its from, especially if he is a slow payer!

Being positive, your name is on show etc etc.

I think it is a good idea, you can also use it when you post out quotes etc

gordonswindows

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2010, 06:26:22 pm »
Don't do it don't do it just buy stamps

We got one and they have tried every con in the book, I have been in court three times for breach of contract and it was thrown out three times

Finally got to end of contract and tried to return machine but they now claim we have a year to run on the warranty eh?

They agree the contract is finished but demand we see out the warranty fo a further year when WE DONT EVEN HAVE THE MACHINE

If you can't be bothered buying stamps I will drive down once a week and hand deliver your letters for you and it will still be cheaper than a FRANKING MACHINE

Double glazing, insurance, mobile fone contracts and even switching your home power supplier all in the one day is still easier cheaper and more straight forward than getting a franking macninec

We get asked what kind of machine we had and we all call it the same THAT BL@#DY franking machine

I would sooner believe someone selling me magic beans before ever and I mean EVER listening to a franking machine salesperson. Obviously I cannot comment on every salesperson and I am sure there must be an honest one out there somewhere but please be very very aware. No don't . JUST BUY STAMPS or send email

Gordon
God I still feel my blood boiling even now
Don't Give Up
@askforthemoney