Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

looking forward to work...!4 days in!!!!!
« on: June 17, 2010, 06:59:52 am »
4TH day wfp and im looking forward to the day!weather is nice and sunny and ive accepted ill be a bit slower until all first cleans are out of the way.

im working hard to scrub all frames up nice and clean and im going to rinse a bit more today!

its so great not having to go up the ladders for nearly all my work! ;D ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

Re: looking forward to work...!4 days in!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 07:03:52 am »
u r turning to the dark side of cleaning,  what u will find is after a few weeks u will start doing the bottoms afp as well  and wonder why u didnt do them all like this,  once they are clean  u can just leave them knowing they will dry right,   i dont about 25 first cleans last month  didnt have one problem,

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 07:10:53 am »
Good on you Dazmond :)

Its always a ball ache to get them done right first time. After that your cruising

Have you decided what pole your going for next ? Something lighter and more ridgid
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 07:11:08 am »
darren i AM already doing everything wfp!i now dont see the point in wfp upstairs and tradding downs as ill never get the frames up as clean with a cloth!

it took 2 days before the complete changeover!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 07:14:31 am »
lol,   i have never seen the point in doing tops wfp and bottoms trad,  how come u change so quickly, did u find that it was taking too much time

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 07:20:21 am »
Just dont go down the James44 route...wfp and then squegee everything as well ::)
Keep going Dazmond :)

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 07:20:36 am »
blue frog im getting used to the pole now!but im gonna order a 22ft CLX i think next then a 25ft SLX when funds allow.

ive shelled out  quite a bit on my system and new van etc over the last couple of months so im gonna spend the next few months working hard and keeping on top of my round and adding better equipment as i get more experience.

wfp is great! though  a little frustrating at times!im sticking with it!no way back now!!

im looking at my trad equipment thinking "its the end of an era"!! ;D ;D

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2010, 07:31:50 am »
blue monkey i quickly realised im better just doing the lot wfp as im selling it to my custys as" a complete valet services for windows for the same price!!"

wfp really deep cleans the frames as well as the glass and im sure the extra time i spend on them this month will pay off in time.

no way am i faster on downstairs windows wfp than trad but thats cos im at the "deep clean" stage and not the "maintenance" one!! ;D ;D

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2010, 07:40:38 am »
what i find is after a few months, you go back to the houses and its like they have a other wc as the windows are still clean,  as its not picking up the dirt it once did

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2010, 07:57:58 am »
thats all good news darren!keeps them nice and clean!if any custys say" not today they dont need doing" in a couple of months ill kindly remind them of the extra work that went into getting them this clean and the added expense of the system to keep them like that!!!!!!! :P :P :P

Paul Coleman

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2010, 08:37:33 am »
darren i AM already doing everything wfp!i now dont see the point in wfp upstairs and tradding downs as ill never get the frames up as clean with a cloth!

it took 2 days before the complete changeover!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

I'm glad to hear this.  You won't regret that decision.  The only time I could justify trad downstairs is if water was short (whether that be drought or a problem with production at my end).

james44

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2010, 02:06:11 pm »
Just dont go down the James44 route...wfp and then squegee everything as wel

upvc, where in my posts do i  suggest to squeegee everything,

I blade problem windows and some who want them left dry! ::)

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2010, 06:13:34 pm »
got back in at 530.its been a hard slog this week!shoulders and neck are aching and ive been frazzled by the sun!!

im doing one more day tommorrow then chillin out for the weekend before another week of first cleans!! ::) ::) :'( :'(

lee09

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2010, 07:12:18 pm »
Just dont go down the James44 route...wfp and then squegee everything as wel

upvc, where in my posts do i  suggest to squeegee everything,

I blade problem windows and some who want them left dry! ::)

James.
5th April you did a thread on blading off after wfp.
You tried to sell it as it got you more work. Thats a short memory you have
Lee
Cant put a link up >:(

james44

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2010, 08:35:48 pm »
    Re: BLADING AFTER WFP
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2010, 09:13:37 PM »    Reply with quote Modify message Remove message
Actualcleaning i started to wfp tops and trad bottoms

As for the concept well as it happens it so turned out that a lot of window cleaners were as you say already doing this but did they promote in this way no!

because they as they said they were quite happy doing 4weekly when they could have been promoting this and earning more

i advertised dial-a-clean and reeled the customers in and offered the 4/8/12 weekly and the one off`s it`s called smart marketing!

have a look at how big companies advertise to grab customers attention!

I now offer wfp and that your windows will be left dry! that gets their attention

of course you don`t dry every window you will find that most customers are happy to have some downstairs windows left dry ie living room /kitchen and patio doors if they have them or rear window most don`t bother with the upstairs as long as the downstairs are left dry,

Now as i have said i have been picking up lots of work from this because the other cleaners wont do it why? it only takes seconds to blade it off and i don`t mean blading as you would if you were doing it trad just downward strokes is all that is needed and it works as i do it now

now a lot of customers don`t like wfp because windows are left wet and are left to dry by blading them has got me a lot of new customers

I am not the only one doing it around my way was watching a cleaner yesterday doing a commercial building only small one and he was doing the same,

If by blading gets me more work than the other cleaners it is fine by me and i am the dearest cleaner in my area and you only have to do this with the customers that are in,

So actualcleaning start offering this in your area and see just how many new customers you pick up let it be known you will leave their windows left dry!
   Report to moderator   78.149.83.154
You only fail if you give up!

This would be the one you are looking for lee09, can you point to where i say i squeegee everything?

lee09

« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2010, 09:15:03 pm »
    Re: BLADING AFTER WFP
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2010, 09:13:37 PM »    Reply with quote Modify message Remove message
Actualcleaning i started to wfp tops and trad bottoms

As for the concept well as it happens it so turned out that a lot of window cleaners were as you say already doing this but did they promote in this way no!

because they as they said they were quite happy doing 4weekly when they could have been promoting this and earning more

i advertised dial-a-clean and reeled the customers in and offered the 4/8/12 weekly and the one off`s it`s called smart marketing!

have a look at how big companies advertise to grab customers attention!

I now offer wfp and that your windows will be left dry! that gets their attention

of course you don`t dry every window you will find that most customers are happy to have some downstairs windows left dry ie living room /kitchen and patio doors if they have them or rear window most don`t bother with the upstairs as long as the downstairs are left dry,

Now as i have said i have been picking up lots of work from this because the other cleaners wont do it why? it only takes seconds to blade it off and i don`t mean blading as you would if you were doing it trad just downward strokes is all that is needed and it works as i do it now

now a lot of customers don`t like wfp because windows are left wet and are left to dry by blading them has got me a lot of new customers

I am not the only one doing it around my way was watching a cleaner yesterday doing a commercial building only small one and he was doing the same,

If by blading gets me more work than the other cleaners it is fine by me and i am the dearest cleaner in my area and you only have to do this with the customers that are in,

So actualcleaning start offering this in your area and see just how many new customers you pick up let it be known you will leave their windows left dry!
   Report to moderator   78.149.83.154
You only fail if you give up!

This would be the one you are looking for lee09, can you point to where i say i squeegee everything?

Did I say you  blade everything?
You implied from that thread that it was a service that you offered and was gaining you business.
From that if all your customers took up that offer, it would be right for members to assume all ground floor work is bladed.
This maybe what uvpc meens.
Lee

james44

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2010, 09:38:16 pm »
You implied from that thread that it was a service that you offered and was gaining you business.

Thats right lee09 but nowhere did i say i did every window!

From that if all your customers took up that offer, it would be right for members to assume all ground floor work is bladed.

Well
i would assume that all window cleaners would know that this would not happen,ie; some customers don`t care as long as they are clean, you would not do it if they were not in, and before anybody says it customers would not bother if they were dry as they would not be there as long as they are clean when they get home thats all they ask!

This maybe what uvpc means.

If that is what he means then he should not post in what he thought he saw!

lee09

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2010, 09:47:16 pm »
James
We can split hairs on this forever.
I now offer wfp and that your windows will be left dry. Gets their attention.
blade everything is a fair assumption.
lasts words with you fella.
Lee

dazmond

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2010, 09:51:47 pm »
wfp is enough faffing about without havin to blade them off as well!! ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D

james44

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2010, 10:16:03 pm »
Dazmond if you had of cleaned and maintained the frames when you were trad you would not be having theses hard days now!

Bet you wished you had now!

When I was doing everything trad I used to use pure water and ecover liquid as it leaves no residue, furthermore had a damp cloth coated in carnauba wax to go over the frames and a quick buff off, this kept them cleaner longer rather than just a quick wipe with a damp cloth,

Now had you done this changing over to wfp would have been a hell of  a lot easier

That’s why I posted I could do first cleans right first time everytime and in half the time I was referring to my own customers houses!

So for me changing over to wfp was a lot easier because the frames were clean to start with and there was no years of soap residue to flush out,