This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jouk45

sl-x clamp snapped in 2
« on: June 16, 2010, 07:08:31 pm »
for a few secs i thought it was the pole section, ordered a new one today, has this happened to anyone yet, also do i need to hacksaw the half section still glued to the section, i cant see how it can be removed,

davids3511

Re: sl-x clamp snapped in 2
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 07:46:20 pm »
I have a clamp that has a crack about one third of the way round it but it hasn't snapped yet.

Dave Willis

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 08:05:23 pm »
Which clamp - Mk1, Mk2, or Mk3 Jo?

jouk45

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 10:30:34 pm »
mk3 i think, i only got it around 7 months ago,

jouk45

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 10:36:03 pm »
I have a clamp that has a crack about one third of the way round it but it hasn't snapped yet.
maybe i had a crack in the clamp, but never noticed, i was cleaning windows deep over a conservarory, am just thinking, could the opening at the top of the clamp be a weak point,

Dave Willis

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 10:40:28 pm »
If it's the actual clamp body you might be able to knock it off with a mallet if it's really bad you could lop an inch off the section. Have you got Alex's email addy? I think he had some instructions printed up for changing the clamp body/collar whatever it's called.

Dave Willis

jouk45

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2010, 10:50:29 pm »
yes dave, same clamp. i will need to hack a few inches of the section to ad my new one, i dont see any other way around it, £7 for a new body clamp, i can reuse the numpty adjuster, so not to bad, i can live without a few inches of the pole i hope

jouk45

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2010, 10:56:14 pm »
you had better order it now i would think, at least you know its happening, i thought the clamps where plastic, looks like chrome or somthing like that

dmlservices

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2010, 07:35:35 pm »

i thought they would have lasted longer than 7 mths , i have had xtel poles wear out, in 2 yrs , but the clamps were still good, would put me of buying one.

daz

davids3511

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2010, 08:01:37 pm »
you had better order it now i would think, at least you know its happening, i thought the clamps where plastic, looks like chrome or somthing like that
The whole section needs replacing anyway, I have the new section in the garage ready to go. I am just trying to get the last ounce of use from the old section.

I think I am putting it off because I know how quickly the shine will wear off the new section  :-\.

davids3511

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2010, 08:03:41 pm »

i thought they would have lasted longer than 7 mths , i have had xtel poles wear out, in 2 yrs , but the clamps were still good, would put me of buying one.

daz
A clamp is a couple of quid, the benifit of the SLX is far far more than that. For all the wear issues I wouldn't consider anything other than an SLX if I needed to replace my pole.