This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Fieldsy

Re: How Long to Flush New Membranes ??
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2010, 08:14:13 pm »
Well, have spoken to Doug at Daqua and advised him that the membranes arrived dry, and they were not vacuum sealed, but the originals were wet and vacuum sealed.

Unfortunately I'm getting caught between two sellers. Vyair membranes arrived wet and have no trouble with them whatsoever. Have replaced with daqua (or tried) and they are not reducing tds down.

Daqua tells me, the original membranes are set to run at 60psi, whereas the daqua ones are meant to run from a 50 psi pump, so I should try to reduce the psi from the pump. Also states that the reason the original membranes are wet are because obviously vyair have to test their membranes.

Totally bloody confused to be honest.

Not saying anyone is in the wrong, but would like to know your opinions on the above. To be honest both parties have given me excellent service in the past.

I have replaced the old ones back in, bought some more resin and tds is back to 000 again.

Vyair to be fair, has advised me to save my money and run his membranes up to 40 tds from the RO and buy a larger DI unit. This in the long run will save me from changing resin often and give the membranes a longer life.

Phew!!, Thats about it.
If Carlsberg made window cleaners....I'd be one of them....lol