This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jack Wallace

Do you rely on this forum too much?
« on: June 16, 2010, 05:05:07 pm »
I have been using this and other forums on and off since 2003, and one thing I have noticed is that some guys can’t seem to make the simplest of decisions without asking for help first.

It’s as if they have no faith in their own judgment so need someone to say, “yeh great idea, do it”

I sometimes wonder how they would cope if they were left to do it by themselves. It’s as if we (as a collective) are running their business for them.

We all need a little help from time to time but some seem to take it to the extreme.

PS, I am not pointing any fingers it’s just a generalisation based on years of forum watching.

paul rulton

Re: Do you rely on this forum too much?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 05:12:21 pm »
I know wot u mean Jack, by the way.... shall i put the kettle on 1st or go 2the loo  :-\ wot would u do m8????  ;D ;D ;D

Jack Wallace

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 05:19:57 pm »
I know wot u mean Jack, by the way.... shall i put the kettle on 1st or go 2the loo  :-\ wot would u do m8????  ;D ;D ;D
I my humble opinion I would have to say, Put the kettle on, make a cuppa and take it to the loo.
Altough I am sure there are others on here more qualified to answer.  :)

Justen Uff

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 05:20:21 pm »
I think I know what you mean but would you explain because I'm not sure?

Ross G

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 05:20:37 pm »
Important that you go to the loo first so you can take time to think if you're going to have tea or coffee, there again you could have a beer ,it's a toughie

tomy jackson

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 05:21:18 pm »
ketil furst old pal that way itl be ready to make your cuper  ;D ;D

formb

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2010, 05:24:47 pm »
If you think of something and there is someone out there who has already done the leg work and is willing to tell you if it's worth trying then you'd be daft not to ask.

wpclean

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2010, 05:25:39 pm »
Have you carried out a risk assessment to make sure there are no tripping hazards whilst carrying the cuppa to the wc ?

Sseddon

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2010, 05:50:40 pm »
If you are new to an industry and want to succeed, only a fool would ignore the opinions of people more experienced.

Glen Bullivant

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2010, 05:54:45 pm »
shall i put the kettle on 1st or go 2the loo  :-\ wot would u do m8????  ;D ;D ;D

I hate posts like this, how can we help you if we dont have all the relevant information!!?

tea or coffee, number 1 or number 2?!

LQQK

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2010, 06:24:50 pm »
I have been using this and other forums on and off since 2003, and one thing I have noticed is that some guys can’t seem to make the simplest of decisions without asking for help first.

It’s as if they have no faith in their own judgment so need someone to say, “yeh great idea, do it”

I sometimes wonder how they would cope if they were left to do it by themselves. It’s as if we (as a collective) are running their business for them.

We all need a little help from time to time but some seem to take it to the extreme.

PS, I am not pointing any fingers it’s just a generalisation based on years of forum watching.

Strange question, I'd have thought you would trust your own judgement to answer that  ;)

AuRavelling79

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2010, 06:27:41 pm »
Why not cut out the middle man? Take the cuppa and pour it down the toilet.
It's a game of three halves!

paul rulton

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2010, 06:52:09 pm »
thanks 4 all the great advice guys  ;)
but they where all 2late i wee'd in my pants & ended up with a glass of milk instead  ;D ;D

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2010, 07:03:37 pm »
I'm one of the worst for this jack.

Often there hasn't been an answer and i've had to invent it all. Other times stupid answers show me i was right in the begiining.

But i like to think i have an open mind. I didn't believe people who didn't collect, did over 200 pd, or even that windows could be washed with just water.