This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

alternative to the SLX?
« on: June 15, 2010, 09:19:37 am »
im off to work now(second day wfp! :'()but what alternative is there to the slx?

i defo want a nice light rigid strong pole that i can use on lower windows as well

brodex?ionic glyder looks good!xtel carbon fibre?

black hands/wear issues and the fact gardiners never seem to have them in stock has put me off the slx a bit.

this glass fibre pole i have a present will end up giving me a serious shoulder injury if i dont change it soon(ive only used it for one day!) ::) ::)

any suggestions guys?

see ya later! ;) :) :)here we go again!
price higher/work harder!

Scrimble

Re: alternative to the SLX?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 10:20:22 am »
i use a 24ft 5 section facelift carbon fibre pole, its very very good,

I did originally want a slx or a glyder but didnt want to wait months for slx and when i tried out a glyder it was too big and i didnt like it,

glad i went for the facelift pole now instead, wasnt cheap but i wanted the best and thats what i've got

richywilts

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 10:25:38 am »
daz id have a look at facelifts glass fibre range they look very light n cheap
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 11:02:33 am »
He said he wants a light stiff pole, GF are certainly not stiff.
have a look at some hybrid poles Daz.

Matt
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

Window Washers

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 06:37:03 pm »
daz type in youtube less £30 water fed pole, thats cheap and does the job.

I do reccomend however the slx as a top bit of kit
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

bobby p

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 06:55:33 pm »
is the pole uve got heavier than your unger teleplus??? surely TO GOD  its not . do you smile when you look at it? 

Paul Coleman

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 07:05:32 pm »
im off to work now(second day wfp! :'()but what alternative is there to the slx?

i defo want a nice light rigid strong pole that i can use on lower windows as well

black hands/wear issues and the fact gardiners never seem to have them in stock has put me off the slx a bit.

this glass fibre pole i have a present will end up giving me a serious shoulder injury if i dont change it soon(ive only used it for one day!) ::) ::)

any suggestions guys?

IMO the Glyder isn't light enough to be an all day pole for tops and bottoms.  It feels quite a bit heavier than the SLX.  Have you considered a CLX with perhaps a short pole for ground floor.  You can easily knock up a single section ground floor pole from a broom handle in certain supermarkets.  The bit that screws in to the broom head takes a plastic angle adaptor perfectly.  Suggest you take an angle adaptor in with you to check it though.  The main problem for you I think in using two poles is your usage of a trolley.  Presumably you will somewtimes be working a long way from the van if you are using such a tool - meaning a long walk to switch poles.

Window Washers

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 07:11:33 pm »
is the pole uve got heavier than your unger teleplus??? surely TO GOD  its not . do you smile when you look at it? 
they must have been laughing at people when they bought that pole,
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

RO-Sheen

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2010, 08:18:32 pm »
I definately recommend Gardiners CL-X. Its a hybrid pole and alot lighter than the Glass fibre. I've got the CLX18 and love it
Formerly known as GARGAAX

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2010, 08:41:15 pm »
the n tech pole ive got IS heavier than a unger teleplus with a rectangle vikan on the end!its ok using it straight but reaching over sloping garage roofs(there are a lot of em this week on my run!)esp if you have to clean at an angle its rip the shoulder muscle time!! ::) ::).

if i dont watch it ill end up snapping  this pole by the end of the week.its just so bendy at full stretch.the vikan brush doesnt help!but i do like that the scrubbing power of it for gettin birdmuck off!

i might order the 22 clx and see how that is and get a carbon pole when funds allow unless i go back to ladders!! ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2010, 08:52:22 pm »
I have just looked at their website, I can't believe the SLX25 is now £70 cheaper now than when I ordered mine last year!

Matt

bobby p

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2010, 09:11:48 pm »
i bought my unger teleplus from a fellah who assured me his wife had been using  it daily for years . i now know he was a barefaced LIAR ,   theres not a human on the planet who  can do such without ruining their body

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2010, 09:17:18 pm »
BOBBY P peter fogwell used one for years!they are good cheap poles ive used the 3 section as a trad pole for years.i have all 5 sections!

I COULD BUILD A 30 FT WFP WITH AN ADAPTOR AND POLE HOSE!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Smudger

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2010, 09:26:27 pm »
Daz -  depending on your budget go for a clx otherwise its slx all the way and you only have to wait 4 or 5 weeks for it :o

MB --  should get my new slx 25 next week ....  :P :P :P :P

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

thermoclean

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2010, 09:27:52 pm »
facelift have a new  25ft and 35ft carbon pole dont even think it is on there website
yet carbon compact i think it is called. more expensive than slx etc but can tell you from personal experience it will last longer.

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2010, 09:34:04 pm »
Daz -  depending on your budget go for a clx otherwise its slx all the way and you only have to wait 4 or 5 weeks for it :o

MB --  should get my new slx 25 next week ....  :P :P :P :P

Darran

If its anything like my model SLX 25 you will love it mate
just hope they haven't compromised the quality to bring the price down.
Let us know how you get on with it Darran.

Matt

mci services

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2010, 09:35:34 pm »
i used the teleplus for three years as a wfp pole most of the time i used three sections and just added the other two when needed. i have been using a carbon fibre fishing pole for the last two days and the unger will never be used again

Smudger

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2010, 09:41:23 pm »
Will do Matt,

i have an SL2 - love it, just dont get to use it as much as i would like.... :'(

my 18 ft proling will soon be put into semi retirement - i have to say it has served me well, if a little heavy at times

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Window Washers

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2010, 10:24:49 pm »
facelift have a new  25ft and 35ft carbon pole dont even think it is on there website
yet carbon compact i think it is called. more expensive than slx etc but can tell you from personal experience it will last longer.
tell us more, or are you  facelift under a different name??

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2010, 11:55:13 pm »

any suggestions guys?

The reason why it's quick to go out of stock answers all your questions.  ;D

All carbon fibre poles make your hands dirty and the SL-X wear is actually really little if you look after it well, certainly better then the Glyder pole. It's still the best. Get one, you will not regret it.