This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

C-N-C

IS RO MAN STILL TRADEING
« on: June 14, 2010, 04:31:19 pm »
Hiya guy's
Is the ro man still in trade??
gunna part with a lot of money to him.....but bin told he out of buisness... ???
Thank you
C-N-C ;)

D woods

Re: IS RO MAN STILL TRADEING
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 05:05:15 pm »
I think he made so much money he retired..........

C-N-C

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 05:18:10 pm »
Hiya d woods....
So whos the guy going to take my money for the 40/40 ro...HMMMMMMMMM 8)

Starting to sound a bit shady this like......
Might just change my mind & phone gaps water.....

ANYONE KNOW ABOUT RO MAN

Thanks d woods....ya might ov just saved me money.....!!!! ;)
kindest regards
Justin ;)

niceandclean

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 05:35:42 pm »
As i said in earlier topics, RO Man were brilliant to me for years. I was told that they shut due to family issues/serious illness towards the end of last year. But then they started up again about 3 months ago. You said you are dealing with somebody called Roy, i have never dealt with anybody of that name there before, so maybe somebody has taken over the business? When you speak to them again, ask them what the situation is, i am sure they will be upfront and tell you.
 ;D

C-N-C

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 05:57:40 pm »
Thank you for that N&C mate ;)
Still bit doddgey useing them now tho man 8)

Thank you for the pic also...looks good n easy to set up ;D

Take care man
Justin ;)

niceandclean

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 06:11:07 pm »
No worries, not as all fancy looking as the RO Man set up with all the stickers ect, but very easy to set up and does the job! Trust me, you will not be disappointed with the performance of the HF5.
 ;D

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 07:27:08 pm »
could ro man be a different person, just becasue they are from the same web sites doesnt mean they are the same person,  are the phone no the same as last time

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 07:49:08 pm »
The original RO-man company did shut down.  It was run by a man called Neil, but that's all I know about him.  It now seems to be run (owned?) by a man called Roy, again that's all I know.

I contacted them a few weeks ago and the story I got was that all the original people were gone, and this man Roy didn't know where or what happened to them.  How he comes to be RO-man mark 2 I don't know.

I mentioned to this Roy that Neil had ruffled a few feathers with his lack of after sales and poor communication.

I asked about an electronic control for my 40-40 and Roy was going to 'have a think' about it, but in the meantime I got a system from Pure Freedom.  I then asked Roy about an auto flush to allow for periodic membrane flushing while my system is in automatic mode.

Since then - nothing.  No answer to any e-mails. Now there isn't even a telephone number to call - I know Neil wasn't very forthcoming with answering phone calls, but at least you could ring and leave a message, now you can't even do that.

I got a solenoid valve and John Guest fittings from North Wales Controls and wired it up to the controller from Pure Freedom so now my system fills and shuts off and also flushes every six hours of actual running time.

All I have to do is change the prefilters every couple of months, and keep an eye on the water quality every week or so.

OK, it wasn't a major expense, but if this is how RO-man mk2 is going to ignore potential sales, I don't see him lasting even as long as mk1

R W C™

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2010, 07:57:22 pm »
Save your worry and order from June at Gaps...........

niceandclean

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2010, 08:07:13 pm »
The original RO-man company did shut down.  It was run by a man called Neil, but that's all I know about him.  It now seems to be run (owned?) by a man called Roy, again that's all I know.

I contacted them a few weeks ago and the story I got was that all the original people were gone, and this man Roy didn't know where or what happened to them.  How he comes to be RO-man mark 2 I don't know.

I mentioned to this Roy that Neil had ruffled a few feathers with his lack of after sales and poor communication.

I asked about an electronic control for my 40-40 and Roy was going to 'have a think' about it, but in the meantime I got a system from Pure Freedom.  I then asked Roy about an auto flush to allow for periodic membrane flushing while my system is in automatic mode.

Since then - nothing.  No answer to any e-mails. Now there isn't even a telephone number to call - I know Neil wasn't very forthcoming with answering phone calls, but at least you could ring and leave a message, now you can't even do that.

I got a solenoid valve and John Guest fittings from North Wales Controls and wired it up to the controller from Pure Freedom so now my system fills and shuts off and also flushes every six hours of actual running time.

All I have to do is change the prefilters every couple of months, and keep an eye on the water quality every week or so.

OK, it wasn't a major expense, but if this is how RO-man mk2 is going to ignore potential sales, I don't see him lasting even as long as mk1
Oh dear, thats not good!

As RWC says, order from Gaps!

C-N-C

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2010, 10:18:58 pm »
Hiya guy's ;)
BigTHANK YOU for ya post's...nice for other folk to be aware,just incase :-\
yep yeah right man...gaps water...your set up looks so simple to diy N&C :o
Least i know its a sound company..loads folk recommended them
Thankx again dude ;)

could ro man be a different person, just becasue they are from the same web sites doesnt mean they are the same person,  are the phone no the same as last time
Just a mobile no darren mate,hard to find also....bit sus in it? 8)
Take care man ;)

Hiya Ian mate....
The same story iv bin getting...he just tells me ill phone you back etc...iv got a lump ov coin to give hime(not now)
Iv been phoneing & e mailing company for days now to buy the 40/40 setup & he just stalling me...his phone off all the time :o
I caught his phone on today from another number & i asked if the membrain is a low psi one & he told me it needs at least 100psi to work......and said he would check price on low pressure membrain as he was just walking into office @ that minute & would 4n me straight back...that was lunch time...still no call!!!!!!
I also told him i NEED it urgent as my merlin is goosed now....he coulnt care less,i think :(
I phoned gaps & a lady answered & was verry helpfull,this must be june!!!!! ;D
Take care man ;)
Alright,alright.......R W C...should av listened to you...LOL
Thank you bud!!
Hiya n&c...i now know my system will come from gaps..........think i might order the HF4 40/40 as it says it produces less water but at a lower tds????
Not sure.....i will have a chat with june tommorow....she seems to have all the guy's respect & verry helpfull ;)
Still that ro man new guy...must be loosing intrest as he seems to have lost a few sales......his loss....use to be good years ago....SHAME....

Anyway big up you guys who helped me out with this problem & might ov saved me lost money ;)

Thank you fella's kindest regards...ya sound ;)
Justin

www.clean-n-clearwindows.co.uk

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2010, 11:07:55 pm »
I think he made so much money he retired..........

That will be you soon Dave!!!!!!

D woods

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2010, 08:47:22 am »
 ;)