This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian B

Re: TAX MAN!
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2010, 07:46:31 pm »
I had a similar situation some years ago, and this might be your problem.  After window cleaning as a second job for a number of years, I was made redundant and went full-time window cleaning. After about three or four years I was hammered with a double tax bill. Apparantly, the idea is to pay your tax in advance, and so, at some point you have to get in front. No warning was given to me, and no option to post-pone.

« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2010, 11:21:32 pm »
This thread has shown up the number of people who haven't got the faintest clue, and then there are those who think it is clever to try and carry out a fraud. Then there are those who think as a sole trader you can 'pay' yourself a wage, NO YOU CAN'T AS A SOLE TRADER ANY PROFIT IS THE WAGE.
As for Ltd there has to be by law TWO directors of the company as listed on Companies House register.
Simply stop reading the cr.p on here and get some real professional help/advice.

Finally a bit of friendly advice to any newbies. You might not make a tax payment for a year after starting up but at some point you will have to pay the tax on any money EVER earnt so stick 20% away from day one.

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2010, 12:01:16 am »
This thread has shown up the number of people who haven't got the faintest clue, and then there are those who think it is clever to try and carry out a fraud. Then there are those who think as a sole trader you can 'pay' yourself a wage, NO YOU CAN'T AS A SOLE TRADER ANY PROFIT IS THE WAGE.
As for Ltd there has to be by law TWO directors of the company as listed on Companies House register.
Simply stop reading the cr.p on here and get some real professional help/advice.

Finally a bit of friendly advice to any newbies. You might not make a tax payment for a year after starting up but at some point you will have to pay the tax on any money EVER earnt so stick 20% away from day one.
very true  ;)
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."