This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Trademark WC

Help with craddle Quote
« on: June 13, 2010, 11:11:30 pm »
Hi All,

Im trying to price up a fairly large quote for craddle work upto 18 floors.

I have surveyed the site and I rekon it would take around 15 days to clean it. I have never done craddle work before so I kind of guessing on time to clean then add a bit of travel time for craddle. How much would you expect to charge per man per day for craddle work?

This building is quite tricky as it doesnt have one craddle on the roof on a track as the building is at different hieghts so they have a weird way of doing it. basically each different height building has its own track and when finished on one track we have to arrange for the D-riggers to move the craddle onto the next track which takes 2-3 days. they have two craddles onsite so have to really plan a few days ahead. so I;m gonna factor a few extra days in the quote.

Also how do you deal with days when you cant work due to change in weather? charge a swag fee?

Any help much appreciated

Thanks

Rob
PS anyone got a number for good cheap insurance for this work

Gav Camm lammy 283

Re: Help with craddle Quote
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 11:38:56 pm »
sure charlie at jv price cud advise you
accordingly m8 gud luck  ;)
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

Darranvps

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 06:41:34 am »
To be honest, by the sound of it you will price over the odds for the building.
18 floors is quite high, but how wide is the building.
We used to do something similar in Bradford where the cradle needed de rigging and re rigging, one part of the building took two days and when we started we used to book the cradle company to change over on day three - giving us a bit of leeway for bad weather etc, and we always had the insides to clean whilst we were waiting.
Depending on what type of cradle you are using will depend the length of time it takes to clean the windows. Some are electrically operated (skyclimber etc) and some are manual(Tirfor etc) - and 18 floors would be hard work with a manually operated one ;D
If you need any further help with quoting - e-mail me darran@purple-rhino.co.

Trademark WC

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 06:19:51 pm »

Thanks Guy's

Darren I'll send the pics over and you can tell me what you think? the craddle thank god is electric.

Rob

R W C™

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 06:37:39 pm »
With this sort of work I wouldnt even offer a total price, but give them a day rate....

Trademark WC

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 08:18:13 pm »

I see what your saying would be easier but these kind of companies prefer you to put a package together. They want one figure and you go get on with it rather than having to worry about us making excuses or stretching the job out.

Darranvps

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 09:29:50 pm »
Hi Rob I have sent you an e-mail