This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Alun Whyte

FAO Dazmond
« on: June 13, 2010, 10:21:02 pm »
Daz,

Ive read with interest some of your posts regards WFP with 50L PF Trolley. Great piece of kit, i bought one a few months ago for some work i got thats not easily reached with the van system and other work too. Cant fault it. In my experience its safer to change barrels with around 5L left in them than running dry and getting an airlock. Then decant the excess to top up other barrels throughout the day so there is no waste and you use all the water you need for the job.

I noticed you asking about settings on the controller. I use 1mm pencil jets with 5mm pole hose and get the following results.

Setting 20  1.15 l/min
            30  1.25 l/min
            60  1.75 l/min
            99  2.50 l/min

I generally wash on 20 covering all the windows and change to 60 for rinsing, i find this produces great results with a good curtain of water produced on the rinse, any more is overkill.
Hope this helps, good luck with the WFP its great once you master it.

dazmond

Re: FAO Dazmond
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 10:30:42 pm »
thanks a lot choccy! ;) ;D

ive only had the freedom trolley since last thursday and ive noticed the pump is really quiet!is that because its new?as when ive seen utube clips and people using trolleys they are a lot louder!!

its a fantastic piece of kit and looks very pro IMO.

thanks for the info on water pump settings.ill be using it on 60 tommorrow as there all first cleans for the next month!! ::) ::)

i liked the results and enjoyed cleaning at a high flow rate!ill probably turn it down to 40 or so on maintenance cleans.just want to get the first cleans as good as possible!

it should help that ive been using gg3 for 4 months and i cleaned most of the frames trad last month!! ;) ;D ;D ;D

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

Alun Whyte

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 10:42:26 pm »
Daz

It is quiet cause its a well made piece of kit shurflo pumps are probably the best on the market. If you have used gg3 on all the frames for months trust in your equipment wash on 20 and rinse for longer on 60.

Ive been WFP for 5yrs now and any spotting issues in my experience are caused by a poor rinse. Remember when cleaning its the brush combined with the water that does the work, washing on 60 will only waste water that you can use on the rinse. That applies to the dirtiest of windows.

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 10:51:15 pm »
how do you turn the flow up for the rinse though if your trolley is round the front of the building choccy?i dont see how that would work!!! ??? ???

i like to give the frames /window a good scrub/move over to the next window,do the same,then go back to first window and just concentrate on the glass before a final rinse 2in from top seal then wipe sill with brush and so on!

its worked really well on some really filthy windows with hardly a spot when dry and the frames were gleaming!! ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 11:03:09 pm »
i have a tap on the end of my pole already window washers!i ordered it with all my gear!! ;) ;D ;D

what do you do?just turn it halfway then full quarter turn for the rinse??

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2010, 11:49:27 pm »
gud luck 4 2moro fella ;D ;D
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

mikecam

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 12:01:18 am »
high flow means quicker work, it really is that simple, water is cheap time isnt
Really? Water may be cheap but the carrying capacity of it is limited. Its no good running out of water at 2pm when there is work left to do. It really isn't that simple that high flow means quicker work, far from it.
 You can work it out factually, i.e it will take you a set time to scrub a glass pane properley. If we then work out the water flow whilst scrubbing......0.5 litres a minute may be obviously to low, 50 litres a minute is obviously to high. There has to be a happy medium and it isn't 'high flow'.
 Of course i realise i may be wrong, and if i am i am willing to consider the possibility of attatching a pure water pressure lance at the top of my pole and brush to speed things along !!! Oh, and then wait half an hour to see if its oozed anything out of the seals etc..!!!  ;D