This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

C-N-C

MEMBRAIN SQUIRTING NOT SEEPING
« on: June 13, 2010, 08:59:50 pm »
Hi Guys...sorry for all the posts 8)
I'v taken my membrains from my merlin RO & ran pure water 000ppm from van setup through little inlet hole on top ov membrain to flush them out.........
Now my van digi variflow pressure was on 8 or 9 and 000ppm water was passing through okay,
Apart from a squirt from each membrain
The rest of the water all seeped through even,apart from 1 part...when i placed my hand around membrain,it stopped and flowed even like the rest ???
seems to me the membrain could be a lil bit slack/loose when rolled....i dont know...i know wot i mean,but hard to explain(im thick) ;D
Anyone on this site with a GOOD knowlage of membrains & RO systems would be realy helpfull @ the minute :)

Thank you guy's & kind regards
Justin ;)

C-N-C

Re: MEMBRAIN SQUIRTING NOT SEEPING
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 10:15:34 am »
Hiya again fella's
I would like to know if membrain is goosed as i will not sell it like that.... 8)LOL
surely the water should seep through membrain & not squirt like a hose pipe.......water is probaly not got enough filtering?????
Thank you & kind regards
Justin ;)

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 10:49:09 am »
Merlin membranes shouldn't be flushed as far as I know,.. and I don't think any membrane should be touched by hand as it can become contaminated.
It won't work properly outside the housing, so there's no way to tell like that.

C-N-C

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 10:56:58 am »
Merlin membranes shouldn't be flushed as far as I know,.. and I don't think any membrane should be touched by hand as it can become contaminated.
It won't work properly outside the housing, so there's no way to tell like that.
Thank you nathan mate ;)
Wish that was good new's,but....LOL...
Probaly broke that to.... :'(
I'm trieing to get hold of RO MAN,but having no luck...only a mobile no on site.....dont like that man 8)
thank you for ya post man
Kindest regards
Justin ;)

D B Services

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 12:37:06 pm »
The membranes don't sound like they are inserted fully.

Take them out again and make sure that the black rubber O-Rings on the housing are OK.

If they are get some vaseline and lightly coat the O-Rings, put the membranes back in and FULLY tighten the housings down. On merlins you have to make sure of this or they will do just what you are saying.

Hope this helps.

Dan

john tomkins

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 12:44:37 pm »
[
I'm trieing to get hold of RO MAN,but having no luck...only a mobile no on site.....dont like that man 8)
Kindest regards
Justin ;)

I thought ro-man had gone bump..... is he up and running again then?

C-N-C

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 12:49:07 pm »
Hiya dan mate....
Ya could be right mate...
When i first bought new membrains,i had to twist them in as they were tight & i did not lubricate them ::)
The reading was high as it is now....so i took them back out & the rubber had twisted & tore a bit!!!!!!!!!!!
So i replaced the rubber with one from the pound shop(shame on me :-[)LOL.....
so i wonder if i took them back ou & wrapped a lil bit ptfe tape round,then put rubbers bk on it would work ok ,with a bit of vasaline??????
I will try that now mate
Thank you so much dan mate
Kindest regards
Justin
ps let ya know ;)

C-N-C

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 04:28:42 pm »
[
Kindest regards
Justin ;)

I thought ro-man had gone bump..... is he up and running again then?

I hope its ro man....im just gunna give him thick end ov a grand.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyone elese know?????

No change in ro.....ppm still 67 dripping now coming from houseing..... ::)
Thanks for ya help guys
Justin ;)

D B Services

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2010, 05:31:27 pm »
Justin.

It's deffo the seals from what you are saying.

Do yourself a big favour and call June at Gapswater (Google it) and talk to her about whatever it is you are planning on buying from RO-MAN. She is great to deal with and knows what us window cleaners need from our kit. What she doesn't know about water treatment isn't worth knowing and she is always happy to help over the phone which I have found to be a big problem with RO-MAN hence I don't deal with them any more and loads of guys on this forum are the same.

PTFE tape won't do the job on the Merlin By the way.  :(

Dan

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2010, 10:01:16 pm »

Merlin RO's need a flush tank.
Here you go mate - http://www.gapswater.co.uk/acatalog/GE_Merlin_reverse_osmosis_system.html

Matt
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

C-N-C

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2010, 10:29:41 pm »
hiya dan mate ;)
Iv now learned that bout ro man...new setup called roy........never phones me bk......had a chunk ov coin here for him ::)
Looks like he not the man no more,funny iv bin talking to june this evening...she sound dan ;)
Loads ov the guys on here respect her work
PTFE tape won't do the job on the Merlin By the way.
;DI know now mate,tried everything & still the 60+ ppm ::)LOL....

MERLIN IS HISTORY ;D
Thanks for the post guy's,verry much appreciated ;)
Hi mat...was thinking that,but dont want to waste no more time or money on merlin,had it 3 years now....i hate it....LOL.....
GAPS tommorow 40/40...yipee ;D
Thank you tho man
& big thank you to all you guys who helped....ya sound fellas ;)
Kindest regards
justin ;)