This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

why buy a system and not use it much..?!
« on: June 13, 2010, 12:44:11 pm »
ive noticed some of you have bought wfp systems and hardly use them and only for the odd awkward windows.

is it because your unsure or inexperienced with it and dont trust the results?

ive only used my system for 3 days and have got excellent results on some windows even on very dirty first clean freebies ive been doing!i have to admit some were pretty spotty on other houses but ill learn a lot by using it day in/day out.

im loving the challenge of it.i start on my paying custys tommorrow morning!! ;D ;D

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

Re: why buy a system and not use it much..?!
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 03:51:04 pm »
i think a lot are set in there ways and feel that the only way u can clean windows is trad,  a lot have 1 go on wfp and say its crap and dont use it again

david watts

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 05:19:45 pm »
ive had it ten years and blow hot and cold with it i get fed up sometimes with bad results;
the odd times with weather if its hot and theres a wind do your windows allways come good?
i may be just a bad wc but ive tried evrything had more sucess with a new brush but where i am
there are a lot of wc starting up you can not afford a bad job.
ps i allways see a lot of bs with wfp lots claim never to have had a complaint
not a rant just my two pence i use both methods just like a good job and make coin ;)
life is like a box of chocolates you get the crap no one else wants

Joe Lauzon

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 09:30:11 pm »
A lot of my domestic work is quicker trad, or even speed wise with wfp.  In those circumstances I trad, with higher overheads it makes no sense to use wfp.  I don' t take safety into consideration rightly or wrongly, as I have been at it for 17 years with no issues.  Worst accident I had was falling over a garden ornament looking up with the pole.

When you refine your round as a trad cleaner, you tend to end up with work which suits the method more so.  I'm about 50-50 trad/wfp, and to be honest much of my wfp usage is a marginal decision.  I had to make the effort to search for work which suited wfp post conversion, larger houses, big windows.  Flying round these modern estates with small windows, over gates etc just suits trad better.  I have a lot of that type of work.  Not to forget bungalows and shops.

tomy jackson

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 09:36:01 pm »
get hot david  ;D

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2010, 09:40:01 pm »
joe ive got a mixture of lots of awkward compact semis with sloping roofs and 2 windows high up on the side(bathroom/landing) and some with big conservatories.,and quite a few large properties and smallish commercial.

i think wfp will suit nearly all my round and make it easier for sure after the first cleans are out of the way!! ;) ;D ;D

Joe Lauzon

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2010, 09:43:03 pm »
All rounds are different, sounds it will suit you well.  I was doing it for 10 years trad before my switch.  I refined my round a lot, loads of £10, 20 minute type jobs on modern estates.  Its the bigger country houses where I save time wfp, although it can be tough to get your customers to change after such a long period.

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2010, 09:46:39 pm »
joe ive been cleaning quite alot of mine for 16 years or so!theyve all been primed up for nearly 6 months now!so they are expecting it!!! ;) ;D ;D ;D

geefree

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2010, 06:13:09 pm »
only trad a few inside windows now.... all wfp for 3 years, dont see the point of investing and not using it,

not had one complaint.

david watts

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2010, 09:33:32 pm »
not had one you know of ;)
life is like a box of chocolates you get the crap no one else wants

geefree

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2010, 08:13:43 am »
No,

Not had a complaint, im sure i would know if someone was not happy....

double rinsing is the key for me  ;)

JSMC

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2010, 05:28:50 pm »
rinse as much as ye like i bet there are still marks sometimes. ye can almost tell if ther eis gonna be  amark sometimes and rinsing again  ye watch the water bead intoa fine line and know ther eis a good chanc eof spots.it's a cracking tool just like trad is also. each have their own place

chopsie

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2010, 06:33:37 pm »
I use gallons of water, used nearly 400 litres on 5 houses yesterday (being over cautious!) Even after all that rinsing I bet there were still windows with spots on  >:(
chopsie

geefree

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2010, 09:42:39 pm »
 :o