This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

C-N-C

WATER RETURN TO RO
« on: June 13, 2010, 10:04:07 am »
Hiya guy's ;)
I have just moved home & set my merlin up in garage & took my water supply from next to the washer water supply........
Now when i removed merlin post filter houseing,dirty mucky water came out..... :o
This has never happened before....the filter is sometimes dicoloured,but this was a gush of filthy brown water........
Do you think possibly my booster pump has dragged dirty water from washer to my RO.......??????  surley not...... ???
Can anyone shed some light on this or had same problem...
If that is the problem, i was thinking of a non return valve on washer water supply connector or summit???

Anyone think that could be the problem????

Thank you guy's & kind regards
Justin
www.clean-n-clearwindows.co.uk

Window Washers

Re: WATER RETURN TO RO
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 10:11:40 am »
I would think by law the washer would have to have a non return valve fitted to stop this because it would contiminate the water supply otherwise with sewage.

there may have been some work done nearby that could have caused this.

how often are you changing your pre filters and or is there any way sunlight could be catching your filters ?
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

C-N-C

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 10:18:28 am »
HEY thank windowwashers
I would think by law the washer would have to have a non return valve fitted to stop this because it would contiminate the water supply otherwise with sewage.

there may have been some work done nearby that could have caused this.

how often are you changing your pre filters and or is there any way sunlight could be catching your filters ?

No sunlight gets to my filters etc mate,but the washer is on its way out tho,i think.....
Sure our lass has said before it's not emptying propley..... ???
Gunna wake her up & ask her...LOL ;D
if so do you think the membrains should be okay.......no wonder my tds has risen latley.......... ::)
Any advice much appreciated man
Kindest regards
Justin ;)

andyM

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 11:49:48 am »
The supply to your washing machine should be directly off of mains water so should be clean.
Drain some water into a bucket directly from the mains supply pipe and check the water quality.
If dirty keep it running for a while to see if it clears, I presume your tap drinking water is ok?
If not you will have to contact the water board.
Im confused that you think waste water from the washing machine is contaminating the RO supply water. This can not happen if plumbing is all correct. Waste water from the washing machine comes straight out and into the plastic waste pipe and into the sewerage system. No way can it enter the clean mains water supply.
Let us know how you get on.   
One of the Plebs

C-N-C

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 12:56:18 pm »
The supply to your washing machine should be directly off of mains water so should be clean.
Drain some water into a bucket directly from the mains supply pipe and check the water quality.
If dirty keep it running for a while to see if it clears, I presume your tap drinking water is ok?
If not you will have to contact the water board.
Im confused that you think waste water from the washing machine is contaminating the RO supply water. This can not happen if plumbing is all correct. Waste water from the washing machine comes straight out and into the plastic waste pipe and into the sewerage system. No way can it enter the clean mains water supply.
Let us know how you get on.   
Hiya AJM mate ;)
Thank you for that mate......ya sound man...
checked inlet water...looks clear....
Also ran pure 000 from van through ro and the outlet was 200...EH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :o
So i put 000ppm water through ro and it purified it to 200ppm......& i never got mixed up with drain,even if i did.....,
anyway ajm...probaly shouldnt ov done it  8)but, took plug from flush kit fitting(havent got a flush system) & just pushed pure water through that hole for a while.....
so now its deffo not washer...thanks man
Let ya all know later what reading is etc after good flush...
have to go now missus on case to much time with ro & pc....TUT TUT TUT ;D
Thank you & kind regards
Justin ;)

andyM

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2010, 01:37:17 pm »
No problem mate. It's a process of elimination, now you know water supply is ok you can rule that out.
See how you get on after flushing the membrane, if still no good replace filters/membrane.

One of the Plebs

C-N-C

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2010, 02:55:49 pm »
Hiya ajm mate....
Flushed etc with pure water.......came out okay @ first,prob still good water in ro,then...
Back to 64-68ppm...... :'(
GUTTED man..just changed membrains couple of month ago...bout £75 each also changed postfilter same time!!!!!
I dont realy want to spend that sort of money again man when im looking at a 40/40.....

Strange one man,in it?

Thank you for your help ajm mate.....wondered if i just change postfilter,might be full ov crap??????

Also ajm,or if anyone elese reading this who is clued up on membrains----
I took membrains out & connected end ov bare membrain to pure water feed & it seeped through to end ov membrain,but,there was a squirt of water comin out also!!!
Is this normal or is this bit of water escaping & not seeping through membrain,thus not filtering slightly???

Thank you again ajm mate
Any more help appreciated
Thank you & kind regards
Justin
http://www.clean-n-clearwindows.co.uk/

andyM

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2010, 03:34:32 pm »
Did you say your water out of Merlin is 64-68 ppm?
How hard is your water where you live going into RO? And have you got DI after your Merlin?
I've seen someone before post about Merlin RO before who lived in a high TDS area 400+ I think.
I think they were getting 60+ppm after the RO. If this is your problem you will need a decent DI vessel (11ltr) after the RO to bring your TDS down to zero.

One of the Plebs

Sure Cleaning

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2010, 03:48:01 pm »
Hi

I had this happen to me some time ago, the filters were clogged with brown gunge. I contacted RO-Man to ask what may cause this and they asked me, has the Water Company been doing any work in the area as they can aggitate particles in the pipes and cause filters to go brown very quickly.

Sure enough Anglia water were working in a near by street. Once they had finished working all was fine again. Never had a problem since.

Hope that helps.

Steve G

C-N-C

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2010, 08:36:45 pm »
Did you say your water out of Merlin is 64-68 ppm?
How hard is your water where you live going into RO? And have you got DI after your Merlin?
I've seen someone before post about Merlin RO before who lived in a high TDS area 400+ I think.
I think they were getting 60+ppm after the RO. If this is your problem you will need a decent DI vessel (11ltr) after the RO to bring your TDS down to zero.

Hiya ajm mate ;)
Thats my set up mate......
Booster pump>RO>DI
i do use a di bottle dude...infact i got 3..... ;D
But even so ajm mate,look at the price of resin....here is a calculator just so you can see how expensive it is to polish 60ppm to 000ppm--
http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/De-Ionisation_Calculator.html
SHOCKING :o

Thank you ajm mate,always good to talk dude ;)

Hiya surecleaning man  ;)
Ya might be right mate....after you posted that,our lass said they were digging water pipes up & also draining them hydrants in the ground....HMMMMM 8)
i will ask the supplier i get my 40/40 from about membrain damage.....
Thank you for that steve man..... ;)
Also sinse i got new membrains,its bin creeping up slightly.......
I first fitted them & twisted the little rubbers on membrain & had to use one off the old membrain & 1 i found in shed....i hope...nor,that wont be the problem,i also didnt lubricate them ::)tut,tut,tut.....
Im going to post a thread about testing membrains.....
2 options left man...
1 rubbers letting water contaminate pure water
2 membrains faulty

Thank you guys & kindest regards

Justin ;)

C-N-C

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2010, 09:02:19 pm »
Heres wot could be the problem guy's.....???

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=103242.0

Kind regards
justin ;)

tomy jackson

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2010, 09:16:01 pm »
its proberly water bord ,as for washer not emting youv proberly got a sock stuck in out let

C-N-C

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2010, 09:51:34 pm »
Ya right tommy dude...prob water board......
Washer....i am missing a scrim....LOL
Take care mate
Justin ;)

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2010, 05:45:26 pm »
What is the tds going in and then the tds from the waste and from the pure outlets of the ro?  Having pure water go in and high tds water go out suggests that there is a problem with plumbing somewhere.

Simon.

C-N-C

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2010, 12:03:28 pm »
Hiya SherwoodCleaningSe man ;)
Just ordered a 40/40 from gaps....verry good help...
The lady,june, thanks all the guy's who recomended her ;)
She also told me to change,prefilter  as mucky water stopping psi getting to membrains......
Gettin back to that SherwoodCleaningSe mate.....
i pushed pure water through system & it came out @ 200....EH........ :o
Going to have to take it all apart again & change carbon filter...might sort it out man..
But ya right mate....didnt change carbon filter long ago & now it full of mucky water....WATER BOARD.........
Funny thing is i dont want it now...LOL...but wont sell it to anyone knackered :)
Thank you man & take care
Justin ;)