This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

darragh windows

wagtail help
« on: June 12, 2010, 10:20:14 pm »
just got a new whirlwind great piece of kit , have only tried it on my house windows but find it really sore on the wrist which im sure in time il get used too but on the pole its fantastic only it keeps falling off can anyone reccomend a small pole to put it on either that or il fix the wagtail pole adaptor to my pole
jamie

bobby p

Re: wagtail help
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 10:26:52 pm »
hi- i use   a PULEX pole  6 metre
                a Quickie pole  8feet
                a Anza pole 2feet       

and wagtails fit on all these great , the quickie  and the anza i bought in Bn Q

(the anza has a great locking tip design, in fact i fitted an anza tip to my quickie pole as it is so good

M Henderson

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 10:30:06 pm »
If your wrist is hurting then you are likely trying to use it with the same wrist action as a normal squeegee.

Twist the handle as if you were using a screwdriver pointing upwards to turn corners.

When on a pole twist the pole like a screwdriver to see the effect it has on the wagtail and you'll see what I mean.

If the Wagtail isn't tight on the pole (which it sounds like if it's falling off) then you'll find it difficult to make accurate turns.
Any slip on the joint between wagtail and pole means that it won't respond to the pole twisting as it should.

An unger cone works fine for me.

BORBRYCE

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 10:38:03 pm »
As above, it must be tight on the pole to twist and turn as it has been designed to do. Good for high up shop fronts and such but crap on domestic livingroom glass. Leaves far too much water on the turn. An Unger cone at the end of pole will have it working as good as it can.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 10:46:45 pm »
Just put 1 or 2 wraps of masking tape on the tip of the pole. The wagtail digs into it leaving a nice sticky, tight fit. ;)

darragh windows

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2010, 10:50:16 pm »
cheers guys that helps a lot
jamie

M Henderson

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2010, 10:51:21 pm »
My work is shops mostly and it's fantastic for what I need. Never used it on domestics but I imagine you would need a small size version.

A little tip I found works well with the whirlwind is to have the pad about 3mm shorter than the squeegee channel either side. Makes for less detailing. Helps you not to wet the frames as much.

andyM

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2010, 10:55:41 am »
"Good for high up shop fronts and such but crap on domestic livingroom glass. Leaves far too much water on the turn."
I have to agree I have found this aswell  :(
One of the Plebs

Dave Willis

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2010, 11:27:18 am »
Anza tip is brilliant. Wagtail fits really well on it. I have one on a plastic angle adapter on an xtel pole.
Heated the aluminium tip from a Gardiners pole and melted a thread into it.  ;)