Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

C-N-C

PLEASE take a look 40/40 ro for hard water areas
« on: June 12, 2010, 03:35:49 pm »
Hiya guy's
Hope ya all okay ;)
Thanks to all you guys for the advice on getting a 40/40 ro system.....
The only problem is,WOT 1.... ;D
Heres a few links...please have a look and let me know wot is best for me-thank you ;)
My water is 500+ & i use a merlin wot takes it to 60 now,im spending all my profit on resin :'(...use to be 35 from merlin???anyway its time to give up the ghost & get a better system for hard water :D

Anyway here they are guy's....any help much appreciated...i was thinking 5 or 6 hundred pounds (ish)

1   http://www.ro-man.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=235&osCsid=d751e0e9d51dbd46c9ee9e3e91ae06e8

2   http://www.gapswater.co.uk/cgi-bin/sh000001.pl?REFPAGE=http%3a%2f%2fwww.gapswater.co.uk%2f&WD=40&PN=copy_of_Reverse_osmosis_kits.html%23a1111#a1111

http://www.window-tools.com/window-cleaning-water-treatment.htm

I carnt think ov anymore,but anyone who dont mind pointing me in the right direction i will be mostly greatfull.....
Some of these companys use diffrent 40 membrains etc...i just aint got a clue..LOL :-[

Osmonics Desal AK4040TF low energy 4" x 40" membrane.
& all kinds...im just not that clued up yet...

Anyway any help from you guy's will be much appreciated
Thank you in advance
Kindest regards
Justin :)

P.S here is my last post about same problem---http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=102531.0#msg872198

R W C™

Re: PLEASE take a look 40/40 ro for hard water areas
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 03:50:41 pm »
Personally id get the HF5 from gaps, ring June up from there and tell her your situation and she will tell you exactly what you need as she know her stuff...........

C-N-C

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 04:25:30 pm »
Personally id get the HF5 from gaps, ring June up from there and tell her your situation and she will tell you exactly what you need as she know her stuff...........
Hiya RWC ;)
Thank you mate,im going to phone now c if its open today!!!
The hf5 looks a better ro,more money,but ya get wot ya pay for man...
That is NOW my first choice @ this moment in time,THANK YOU MAN!!

Let ya know wot result i get ;)
Kindest regards
Justin ;)

C-N-C

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 04:30:37 pm »
Hiya man
Closed today.... ::)
Thank you R W C ,i will still phone her monday
Kindest regards
Justin ;)

Anyone suggest what other system could be best for me?

dd

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 06:30:51 pm »
Omnipole do a pumped 200 gpd RO unit fro £275 (wihtout pump £200).

They produce water more slowly than a 4040 but the water quality will be just as good. Perfectly OK for a static system (for 1 man) and the membranes are cheaper to replace. If your water pressure is 50psi or above you should not need a booster pump.

If your water is hard you have 2 options:
1. Replace membranes more often (perhaps every 6 months)
2. Use a water softener which will greatly extend life of membranes.

niceandclean

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2010, 09:42:32 pm »
I have the 4040 from RO Man, and the pump that they recommend. I have had it for around 3 years now, still has all the original John Guest pipes and connections and comes all set up on a PVC Board. This comes with 20 inch pre-filters. This has been run 5-6 days every week.

I also have the new HF5 4040 from June @ Gaps water, had this for 9 months now. I chose the 10 inch pre-filters with this system as June recommended this. You have to assemble the system yourself, which is very easy to do, it comes with instructions just in case. I bought a PVC board and mounted it all on this and screwed it to the wall.  I bought a cheaper pump for this system, was around £140.00.

Both set ups do the same thing, but i would say the HF5 produces the water quicker, cant say this for certain as i haven't timed it, but seems a lot quicker, and the water pressure into the Gaps HF5 is slightly lower than the pressure into RO man one.

I would of bought another RO Man system, but they wouldn't sell me one, as about a month later they shut down. Always had great service and advice on other things from them.  This also goes for the service and advice from June @ Gaps, she really knows her stuff, and always has time for a chat to help you out.

Unless RO Man have updated the RO filter, then i would go for the HF5 from Gaps, and buy a decent pump. Not sure if Gaps do booster pumps now, maybe worth asking.
 ;D

Steve Weatherley

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2010, 10:05:19 pm »
I have just bought the HF5 from GAPS and will be installing it on Monday. I think June told me that the system works better without a pump in my case (I have water in pressure of approx 50psi)

niceandclean

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2010, 10:27:22 pm »
I have just bought the HF5 from GAPS and will be installing it on Monday. I think June told me that the system works better without a pump in my case (I have water in pressure of approx 50psi)

Yeah that will be perfectly fine, mine is only 25-30 psi without a pump. You could always add a pump if you wanted to produce the water quicker.

C-N-C

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2010, 10:41:21 pm »
Hiya guy's
Verry intresting to read ya post's ;D
DD that sounds great man ,but i like to produce water a lil bit faster & changing membrains every 6 mts puts me off a lil bit....i will deffo look at that system....but heard a lot about the 40/40 @ the minute man ;)
Thank you fella,i appreciate the post man......

Hiya niceandclean mate ;)
Great input man....realy goood info for me man...
I would of bought another RO Man system, but they wouldn't sell me one, as about a month later they shut down.
was onto ro man & he still tradeing :o guy called roy going to sort me out....must be back in trade man....
Also niceandclean the 40/40 ro from ro man looked nice,attached to board ,tds meter built on...etc,but you say the 10" pre-filters you added,is that the blue sediment & carbon pre filters as i have two ov them spare??
Basicly i think i might go with the system from gaps
,but is it just the 40/40 membrain what makes this system what it is???could i not just buy houseing & membrain & im rocking or should i just pay for the full system??? & stop being a tight sod.... ;D
Thank you for your time niceandclean I appreciate ya help mate ;)

dont know wot to say now steve posted before i finished...LOL ;D
Hiya steve...good look fella wid da new setup man ;)
Im verry intrested in how ya go with it ;D
Gaps seems to have a good rep...its new to me i always used a merlin & needed booster pump to get the sod to 40psi min....but had it @ 70psi with booster...my psi is 20 :o
Been told water board keep it that low to prevent leaks.....(probaly bulls*it)..LOL
I ALWAYS thought you NEED high psi to run a ro...great stuff ;)
IMy tap tds is bout 500(ish) & water from merlin 60+... :'(
I need rid ov them dirty chemicals guy's....
big"THANK YOU" guy's...ya help is verry much appreciated
Kindest regards
justin
www.clean-n-clearwindows.co.uk

niceandclean

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2010, 11:01:48 pm »
I have 20 inch pre filters on the RO Man system, and i have 10 inch on the Gaps Water one.
RO Man shut down for a while, think it was due to family issues/illness? But they are fully up and running again.

Nick Wareham

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2010, 02:38:20 am »
I am thinking about getting a 4040 too, I currently have a trolley system.

I looked around, and the cheapest i found was, suprisingly, ionics, £300 for a HF5 4040 membrane. (or more like £367 including vat and delivery but still)

http://www.ionicshop.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=230

still not sure the 4040 is the right one for me though.

C-N-C

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2010, 09:53:31 am »
I have 20 inch pre filters on the RO Man system, and i have 10 inch on the Gaps Water one.
RO Man shut down for a while, think it was due to family issues/illness? But they are fully up and running again.

Hiya niceandclean mate ;)
forgot i'd even posted last night man...LOL...VODKA... ;D
Thank you for all your input mate...ya sound man ;)
I think im going to phone ro man about his 40/40 system & ask if it is the HF5-4040 membraneas everyone gives that a good rating,or maybee thats just the type ov ro,in that case he will have a giggle at me...LOL ;D
Just the ro mans system looks ideal,and tidy,think it comes on a board with flush kit on(i think) ;D
Thank you again niceand clean
Kind regards
Justin

I looked around, and the cheapest i found was, suprisingly, ionics, £300 for a HF5 4040 membrane. (or more like £367 including vat and delivery but still)

Hiya Nick mate...you in same boat as me then eh?...LOL
YA know mate.....i have 2 10" spare housings etc & i wondered if i should just buy the 40/40 membrain & houseing then add the 10" filters myself???????
If its just the 40/40 membrain that does all the work.....wot about just buying that???????
HMMMMMMM.....not sure tho 8)might feck summit.........wot do ya think man??

Kindest regards
Justin ;)

niceandclean

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2010, 10:43:42 am »
The beauty of the RO Man system is it arrives in a big box, you fix the board to the wall, and just attach water to it.
And yes it has a flush kit on it.
My TDS averages around 370 out of the tap, and after RO after 3 years it averages around 12.
 ;D

C-N-C

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2010, 09:38:55 pm »
The beauty of the RO Man system is it arrives in a big box, you fix the board to the wall, and just attach water to it.
And yes it has a flush kit on it.
My TDS averages around 370 out of the tap, and after RO after 3 years it averages around 12.
 ;D
Hiya niceand clean man ;)
the ro man sound like the one for me mate...no disrespect to june from gaps,but,i will still have a chat to her & ro man.......
Just cannot be bothered fixing & playing about with more ro stuff man....its used up all my time latley...i blame merlin.....
i also think iv got a water softener in line if the price is right ...dont want to change them 40/40 membrains for at least 9 years...LOL ;D
Ya got a good RO niceandclean mate.....when i first bought my merlin it produced 35-40ppm and bin that way for years...even higher tds now & i just changed membrains...ya done well fella ;)

Hope to talk to ya soon dude
Ya sound man
Take care
Justin
www.clean-n-clearwindows.co.uk

Window Washers

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2010, 10:45:18 pm »

get one and you will never look at a domestic one again like 100gpd..300gpd so much time saver it makes no sence to pinch pennies on this IMO time is money.
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

C-N-C

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2010, 10:12:30 am »
Hiya window washer dude ;)
YEP...yeah right man...
Going to go for the hf5 membrain,but full set up with flush kit etc from ro man probaly or gaps...gunna phone them now mate....
Everyone says that is the dogs.... ;D
Going to get the full set up as its got flush kit,built in tds etc.....easy work for me man ;D
Thank you mate
Kindest regards
Justin ;)

SPE

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2010, 03:20:58 pm »
as window washers says
HF5, BEST THING I EVER BOUGHT FOR MY BUSINESS
guess water pressure and tds  determins how fast it produces pure, but for me 50 psi, 300 ish tds, 650 ltr tank filled in 3 hours without a booster pump
Simon

C-N-C

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2010, 04:26:07 pm »
Hiya guy's
Im going for the RO MAM 40/40... :)
Just bin talkin to roy from ro man & he said i need @ least 100psi to work system......EH!!!!! :o
I told him i needed a 1 for 30 ish psi & he said he will sort it out.....
Just waitin for him to ring back...hope he does......
Must be diffrent types of 40/40 membrains then eh?

Kindest regards
Justin

dd

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2010, 04:46:58 pm »
If you only have a running pressure around 30psi you will need a booster pump for the RO to work well no matter which RO you choose. Otherwise production rate will be slow, waste high and water quality low.

C-N-C

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2010, 05:08:58 pm »
Hiya dd mate
i do expect to buy a small booster pump,but im sure some new 40/40 membrains run on low psi.......
I will still get a booster,but the 1 i got now is massive & load man....
Thank you mate
Kindest regards
Justin ;)