Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

3RD DAY WFP........PREPARATION!
« on: June 12, 2010, 11:17:57 am »
Today im preparing for monday so i can have a day off tommorrow away from wfp as im driving my girlfriend mad!! ;D ;D ;D

so here goes:

ill be purifying 300L WATER(DI ONLY)this afternoon

Im making sure i only carry what i need in the van!(pole/trolley/water/trad gear/small DI)

im going to add another 10m of extension hose(5mm)on back of trolley.

all my round is getting switched over to wfp from monday bar a block of granny flats and a few odd accounts here and there(ali/oxidised/flakey painted windows).

when i say ill be changing everything over i mean tops only on run of the mill stuff and fully wfp on commercial/large country houses.also some big upvc conservatories will be wfp from the start! ;)

ive also got a small toolbox with hose connectors/tape/knife/glue/screwdrivers/pliers etc.

another question if i purify my water this afternoon will is still be 000 on monday morning? ???

then i can relax tommorrow before the big day monday!(girlfriend will have me doing the garden! ::))

thanks for all the help and support guys!

best wishes to you all

dazmond

price higher/work harder!

D B Services

Re: 3RD DAY WFP........PREPARATION!
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 11:24:20 am »
Yes the water will be fine and you will have a total nightmare of a day.

Chin up--- in  in 3 months youmight be as quick as you were trad :)

Dan

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 11:25:09 am »
daz, i cant see why u want to do tops wfp and btm trad/

WCE

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 11:31:20 am »

Because he is set in his ways - Give him a few weeks and that'll Change  ;) :)
WCE- For Windows that shine everytime!

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 11:36:31 am »
lol,  no disrespect to dazmond, but i have noticed that every one ends up with a tank system and all wfp, after a few weeks

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2010, 11:57:58 am »
the reason im starting off wfp tops/trad bottoms is to ease the custys gently into wfp.also i want to ease myself into it but still change it all at once!

with a bottle on my belt(no bucket to carry) it ll be fine!

wfp all tops then go back to trad downstairs(after dripping time!)itll mix it up nicely for me as i enjoy trad and dont forget lads in winter you will have to trad the bottoms on the really cold days!also not all windows come good wfp no matter how much you clean them wfp!now for upstairs windows theyll have to put up with it but downstairs windows ill get them up near perfect trad! ;D ;D

as for being "set in my ways" ive been window cleaning for 16 years and very proficient in trad cleaning and trad pole work and im adding wfp for safety and speed on upper windows and to be able to clean large houses a lot quicker and other properties i wouldnt even consider become viable now! ;D ;D

as for the van mount this has come up time and time again!it wouldnt suit large parts of my round as the very compact nature coupled with parking issues would quite frankly be more of a nightmare methinks with hose issues and being tied to the van!

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2010, 12:21:28 pm »
if im just cleaning the odd scattered account i can leave the trolley in the van if i want and use it as a mini van mount with a length of extra hose! ;)

my round is not "here and there" that much!its a very compact round for over 2 weeks of it!!

in winter when some of you are moaning about freezing pumps,messing about with van heaters etc my freedom trolley will be nice and warm in my flat overnight! ;) ;)

if my round changes to more bigger houses/big commercial with good access then of course i would get a tank and a bigger van!!

best wishes to you all

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2010, 12:42:34 pm »
good luck mate

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2010, 03:02:09 pm »
the reason im starting off wfp tops/trad bottoms is to ease the custys gently into wfp.also i want to ease myself into it but still change it all at once!

with a bottle on my belt(no bucket to carry) it ll be fine!

wfp all tops then go back to trad downstairs(after dripping time!)itll mix it up nicely for me as i enjoy trad and dont forget lads in winter you will have to trad the bottoms on the really cold days!also not all windows come good wfp no matter how much you clean them wfp!now for upstairs windows theyll have to put up with it but downstairs windows ill get them up near perfect trad! ;D ;D

as for being "set in my ways" ive been window cleaning for 16 years and very proficient in trad cleaning and trad pole work and im adding wfp for safety and speed on upper windows and to be able to clean large houses a lot quicker and other properties i wouldnt even consider become viable now! ;D ;D

as for the van mount this has come up time and time again!it wouldnt suit large parts of my round as the very compact nature coupled with parking issues would quite frankly be more of a nightmare methinks with hose issues and being tied to the van!

We all have our own way of doing thinks, but if it was me, I would do both floors WFP.  By doing both ways you might be showing to your customers that you are not confident with the technology and will then give them reason to lack confidence in the process.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2010, 03:18:48 pm »
Daz,.. that extra hose extension on your trolley is prob not helping with air locks. The longer the hose after the pump, the longer it will take to prime each time.

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2010, 06:01:10 pm »
Hi nathanael ive been using it today with the extra hose and its been great!no problems at all with the pump!!ive added the extra hose so i can comfortably do 2 houses side by side without moving the trolley.also if im just doing one bigger account i can drag hose to furthest away point then work back! ;)

the hose is the pure freedom one they sell(5mm)and its really good and easy to work with.

HERMSKI i will probably end up doing wfp all around in time.i need a break from the pole if im changing everything over at once!!and some custys will not like the water everywhere i can assure you!! ;) ;)

only time will tell!there is also nothing wrong with tradding downstairs if need be!! :P :P

LQQK

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2010, 07:08:14 pm »

Because he is set in his ways - Give him a few weeks and that'll Change  ;) :)

Eaxctly, after a few weeks he'll be going 'Why am I bothering with all this malarky when the downstairs are easier than the tops to do WFP, they'd be quicker, I'll get better results, its easier anyway to not be lugging all that extra kit about, I invested all my money and am only use half its potential!!!'

Youll get ther Daz  ;D ;D

Paul Coleman

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2010, 10:09:45 am »
if im just cleaning the odd scattered account i can leave the trolley in the van if i want and use it as a mini van mount with a length of extra hose! ;)

my round is not "here and there" that much!its a very compact round for over 2 weeks of it!!

in winter when some of you are moaning about freezing pumps,messing about with van heaters etc my freedom trolley will be nice and warm in my flat overnight! ;) ;)

if my round changes to more bigger houses/big commercial with good access then of course i would get a tank and a bigger van!!

best wishes to you all

dazmond

No wonder you're driving your girlfriend nuts.  It sounds like you take your trolley to bed with you.
Seriously though.  I was astonished that people used WFP for the ground floor windows - for about a week.  If your van hasn't got the payload for the water you need for a day then that's understandable - but not otherwise.  I thought like you at first about breaking the custies in gently.  Then I realised it was a bit like saying that WFP was inferior.  So I used it on all (almost) all windows.  Over 3/4 months I lost/dropped about 5% of my work.  Apart from a little bit of work, I passed on all the work that wasn't best suited for WFP.  A few customers dropped me too.  They weren't prepared to accept I disagreeurance that any imperfections on first cleans are soon rectified on subsequent visits.  Sometimes the first clean can be about finding the dodgy areas.
The overwhelming majority of my customers were fine with me making the switch.  However,  there were a few who seemed to believe that I had spent thousands of pounds on new equipment and working method purely to irritate trhem.  If I wanted to irritate people I am quite capable of doing so without it costing me anything  :)

dazmond

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2010, 12:58:44 pm »
i wouldnt carry more than 300L in my van but i could always top up 4 barrels at lunchtime from a custys outside tap giving me 400L.

OR if i used say 300L in the morning i could then nip home for a refill(only 10-15mins from home)if i was having a particular busy day.

theyll be ways round it.even though my van has a 625kg payload i dont want to push it right to the limit taking into account ladders/trolley/trad stuff/small di etc and ME!(18 STONE!) ;D ;D ;D