Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Gifts of wine dilemma New
« on: June 12, 2010, 06:19:26 am »
 ;)

Londoner

Re: Gifts of wine dilemma
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 06:23:57 am »
Lie, its a gift.

bobby p

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 07:01:18 am »
theres an ageing alkee on my round insisted on giving me gifts last time i was round. i didnt want the mutton cloth,superglue ,screwdriver sets  and reckon im going to have to put him straight next time. i know a lot of folk are very lonely and sad but i must stop it happening again

Paul Coleman

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 07:09:10 am »
Your doing better than me.  I once had a customer who always gave me................
wait for it...........
a banana.
I kid you not.

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 07:30:00 am »
the wine might of been great to him, every one has different tastes, just tell him u found it to sweet or sour

Jack Wallace

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2010, 07:34:42 am »
the wine might of been great to him, every one has different tastes, just tell him u found it to sweet or sour

This is very true, I bought some back from france once, I thought it was disgusting yet a friend of mine loved it.

I think in this situation I would be polite so as not to offend, and hope he gives you a diferent type next time  :)

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2010, 07:43:48 am »
i use to get rum sweets of a bloke whos sons lived in the caymen islands when ever he visited and i ahve a had the odd bottle of jack d,  which i cant stand, but for some reason people think every one drinks it

Ian W

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2010, 07:54:41 am »
Your doing better than me.  I once had a customer who always gave me................
wait for it...........
a banana.
I kid you not.

Only one banana? I did a favour for an old girl on my round and was rewarded with 3 bananas.  :P
Do all the good you can, and make as little fuss about it as possible.
Charles Dickens

Window Washers

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2010, 10:50:12 am »
wait for it...........
a banana.
I kid you not.
and you never put 2 and 2 together ::)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2010, 11:38:52 am »
i bet you dont get bananas now you changed to wfp unless your still part laddermonkey ;D ;D ;D!!

i dont get many offers of booze and its probably for the best as ive not drank for nearly 4 years(recovered alcoholic)

now a bottle of the non-alcoholic wine.......mmm.........now were talking!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

RO-Sheen

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2010, 12:16:06 pm »
The wine could be corked. This happens occasionally when the cork is damaged or cracked and air gets into the wine and soon goes off. You can usually tell as the cork will have red veins goes through.

I love my wine and a friend bought me £40 bottle as a present and it was corked. Tasted like rotten vinegar!
Formerly known as GARGAAX

Tom White

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2010, 12:40:40 pm »
Does it really matter what the wine tastes like?  Who gives a 'rats'?  What's the alcohol content?  If it's under 12% tell him you don't like sweet girly musty wines; you like something with a bit of kick.

simon knight

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2010, 03:38:36 pm »
Does it really matter what the wine tastes like?  Who gives a 'rats'?  What's the alcohol content?  If it's under 12% tell him you don't like sweet girly musty wines; you like something with a bit of kick.

Like a 2ltr bottle of White Lightning  ;D

martinsadie

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2010, 10:28:35 pm »
people only give wine away because they get it given and dont like it,i pass all the wine i get on to other people as its an bad drink ,nobody ever gives you spirts

chopsie

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2010, 10:44:23 pm »
I used to work on a farm when i was at school and for 4 or 5 years after leaving. I ran an errand for my employer one day dropping a xmas gift off to an old semi retired farmer who lived near me. He thanked me for delivering the present and said "here get yourself a drink",  "oh thanks I said holding out my hand"........10 pence he gave me, what drink did he expect me to get for that !!!!
chopsie

Londoner

« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2010, 07:33:35 am »

I take it thats the old you talking not the new you.