This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dan hughes

WEBSITE HELP PLEASE
« on: June 11, 2010, 11:19:17 pm »
SOMEBODY HELP ME.

I've wasted 2 hours tonight putting together a website that i got through government / google initiative.

it's free, BUT i don't understand what the crack is.

I've put some kinf of layout together, how I want it to look, but I'm not very goo at it!

Also I can't find it without typing the address straight into the address bar - google can't find it, they gave it to me !!

Have a look, and please give me some advise.

I like the web address and don't want to change it now.

www.ex-clean.co.uk

Gav Camm lammy 283

Re: WEBSITE HELP PLEASE
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 11:23:44 pm »
try ian at window washers v helpful m8 ;)
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

wpclean

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 11:35:55 pm »
I have done same with google sites . You are doing well for 2 hours work it looks good.
It takes a while to show up on google pages, but it will .

dan hughes

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 11:37:45 pm »
The most annoying bit is - i can't seem to change the main title ! I've tried ererything!

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 11:39:02 pm »
SOMEBODY HELP ME.

I've wasted 2 hours tonight putting together a website that i got through government / google initiative.

it's free, BUT i don't understand what the crack is.

I've put some kinf of layout together, how I want it to look, but I'm not very goo at it!

Also I can't find it without typing the address straight into the address bar - google can't find it, they gave it to me !!

Have a look, and please give me some advise.

I like the web address and don't want to change it now.

www.ex-clean.co.uk
r u busy m8
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

wpclean

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2010, 11:40:38 pm »
You can use your own allready downloaded logo or you can edit the one you allready have .

dan hughes

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2010, 11:43:23 pm »
Yep, not complaining, enough to keep me out of trouble! Still on the look out for bigger commercial work, but as i said, not complaining! How. Bout you, how's rexam !?

dan hughes

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2010, 11:45:22 pm »
You can use your own allready downloaded logo or you can edit the one you allready have .

i've tried, can change picture, but can't seem to change the title text,as in the main name!

chopsie

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2010, 11:46:46 pm »
It must be a google thing, I cannot log onto  mine either  ???
chopsie

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2010, 07:27:57 am »
Has anyone here got a free website that actually brings in a decent amount of work??? I know I'm biased because I build sites, but any decent pro site should bring in a LOT more money than it costs.

Window Washers

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2010, 11:17:47 am »
Has anyone here got a free website that actually brings in a decent amount of work??? I know I'm biased because I build sites, but any decent pro site should bring in a LOT more money than it costs.
I totally agree with you Nat, and im not biased  ;D
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

mci services

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2010, 11:38:52 am »

yes mine does its a free yola site, but i spent a lot of time on getting it ranked

dan hughes

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2010, 12:49:43 pm »
How and what is getting your website ranked !??

Sorry for sounding dim witted and all ! :'(

glen parva

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2010, 02:16:28 pm »
yes mine

about 2 week at the moment all for free !! ;D

Jimmy1

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2010, 04:47:55 pm »
Dan I think your website is looking fine for the amount of time you have spent on it. Like the logo and colours of the site. Don't worry about Google their a law unto themselves. Just carry on improving your site and google in time will do the rest. To help increase your rankings you need to get links. Try to only swap links with websites that are relevant to cleaning 9 however I have not totally followed this rule and have a ranking of 2 at the moment.) Add your site to all the free directories (which again will help create inbound links)
Joining google adwords is something you could look at once you are happy with the site, its paid I know but if you only target the areas you want, then you will get good leads and it will not cost all that much. Good luck!