This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

stevenpaulmatthews

newbie in need of a little help
« on: June 11, 2010, 06:11:05 pm »
Hi Guys, we have a Thermo-pure reach and wash system and having a problem with the heat exchanger cutting out after an hour or so but as soon as the we strt the engine and turn the heat exchanger back on its fine, we have had this problem bout a yr ago and Ionics replaced the battery ( well we got the battery and i had the company bill them for it)

we personaly think its not the battery we think its the charger

can any1 clarify this for me

cheers chaps

Steven

Frankybadboy

Re: newbie in need of a little help
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 06:58:26 am »
i say again it the battery not holding the charge or the charger not charging the battery in the first place.

Re: newbie in need of a little help New
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 06:59:28 am »
 ;)

Darranvps

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 07:09:23 am »
We had the same problem recently.
Rather than have the hassle with anybody, we bought a really good battery - locally. Replaced the yellow Ionics one and have so far had no problems. Ionics fit the yellow one March 10 after servicing our system, and after reading posts on here we quickly realised there was/is a problem with the batteries they supply.
We have used there stuff for a number of years, but next time we buy one of their systems, we won't ask them to supply the battery.

stevenpaulmatthews

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 12:49:28 pm »
Thank you very much for your replies chaps

we have had a lesuire battery form our local marine and boat suplies and its worked fine for bout seven months or so but now have problems again

we still have the old battery ( a green one cant remeber the make and model) so im of to halfords just now to by a battery charger, im gonna put it on 24 hour charge put it back on the system and if it works its the charger 

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2010, 02:58:11 pm »
Cant understand why you dont wire straight to the vehicle battery.

The ampeage draw by the pumps is very small especially with flow controllers

stevenpaulmatthews

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2010, 04:25:57 pm »
it is wired from the van battery! which i brand new last month but the thermopure has its own lesuire battery
to run the thermopure's hot and cold pumps plus the heat exchanger the van battery wouldnt last 5 mins

if we leave the van running there aint a problem as it charges the lesuire battery though a split relay charger