Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Gav Camm lammy 283

Re: 2ND DAY WFP..........!OH DEAR.......!!!
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2010, 12:33:36 am »
having said that eventually you will instantly know what windows will be a problem and you will overcome it and you will not see the spots when standing at the door because you will have perfected it ;D
stu ow long where u tad b4 wfp
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

elite mike

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2010, 08:10:58 am »
sounds like your having fun daz ;D

stick at it , you will look back at these days

and say thank god i went wfp ;)

really ;D

Ste M

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2010, 08:27:41 am »
dazmond i have a higher tds than you mate and only buy a bag of resin every 6 months

yes airlocks was an early problem for me then for some reason i never get them now

yes you will be standing there looking at spots when collecting and think oh my god thats terrible but 99% will pay up and not question you as they dont look at the window like we do. a good trad guy looks and can see a missed bit instantly and can also tell the marks on the inside. but anyone new to the game just sees glass and marks.

its all trial and error mate and you will get there

spot on with this, you probably dont believe it but a wc has a trained eye for the marks so we see them  ery easily, DONT point the problems out to the customers as they probably cant see them or dont think they are issues

Ste M

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2010, 08:28:59 am »
gav how much are you after for the tank mate? i want to start harvesting my rain water and putting it to some use

AuRavelling79

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2010, 08:30:09 am »
Like Paul Coleman, I did my round conversion in sections. I took a year to convert it all.

It went like this:-

April 2005 - all my commercial and three storey domestic work.
July 2005 - half of the rest of my domestic work (high houses with awkward windows)
Sept 2005 - the rest of my domestic except:-
May 2006 - my one terraced 70's estate

All with a trolley then a reel from an estate car.
In Nov 2006 I went for a van.

Hindsight tells me I should have gone straight for a van and had a days training with one of the old hands on here. I should've accelerated the change over too, but I wanted to prove that I wouldn't lose a single custy by changing over to wfp. (I lost five in the end - 3 because I judged it impossible to do wfp and 2 because I didn't explain it well enough)

I was like you dazmond - taking the plunge slowly - when the sea hit my dangly bits I'd hesitate instead of diving straight in!  ;D

But you'll get there in the end.
It's a game of three halves!

cat9921

« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2010, 08:50:58 am »
set trolley up this morning..........pump not working..........phoned pure freedom......he said its prob a loose connection.and he was right.2 connectors had come off right underneath the trolley!so i sort that.

then on and off through the day the pumps been on but no water coming out of brush!! ::)it was coughing and spluttering etc.ive noticed that when the barrels are nearly empty the pump stops working is that normal?

but even when i changed the barrels it the pump didnt work for about 15mins!so frustrating!! >:( >:(

im beginning to think that wfp is one big costly mistake!!all the faffing around id be half way down the road by now if i was trad!

anyway did my gilfriends friends windows and theyve come up really good even though the front windows were slightly oxidized! ;D ;D ;D

also did my own windows and next doors again and theyve come up virtually spotless!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

also did a few freebie first cleans that were filthy that have come up pretty good as well.

neck is aching a bit but apart from that im fine! ;D ;D

mondays the day i start on my paying custys.its gonna be a mad month of work methinks!! ::) ??? :'( :-\ :-X 8) :o ;D ;D

So you are loving it then  ;D

OK dazmond the first couple of months are a nightmare but it does get better i promise, You need to get out of your head of this being quicker then trad it will come but at first you are learning and this takes time, some jobs will be faster with trad and you will know which ones and some will be faster with WFP..

as for air locks if you get one just disconnect the pole from the hose and try to syphon the water I know it sounds stupid but once the pump picks up the water it will pump it out

love your posts and keep us up to date all the best

Adders

tws

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2010, 09:15:30 am »
I was like you dazmond - taking the plunge slowly - when the sea hit my dangly bits I'd hesitate instead of diving straight in! 

classic gold  ;D ;D ;D ;D 

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2010, 12:41:28 pm »
gav how much are you after for the tank mate? i want to start harvesting my rain water and putting it to some use
ste its richys he not using it think e afta 60 quid m8
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

Ste M

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2010, 10:23:23 am »
ste its richys he not using it think e afta 60 quid m8

ill give him £40 ;D