This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

2ND DAY WFP..........!OH DEAR.......!!!
« on: June 11, 2010, 05:17:30 pm »
set trolley up this morning..........pump not working..........phoned pure freedom......he said its prob a loose connection.and he was right.2 connectors had come off right underneath the trolley!so i sort that.

then on and off through the day the pumps been on but no water coming out of brush!! ::)it was coughing and spluttering etc.ive noticed that when the barrels are nearly empty the pump stops working is that normal?

but even when i changed the barrels it the pump didnt work for about 15mins!so frustrating!! >:( >:(

im beginning to think that wfp is one big costly mistake!!all the faffing around id be half way down the road by now if i was trad!

anyway did my gilfriends friends windows and theyve come up really good even though the front windows were slightly oxidized! ;D ;D ;D

also did my own windows and next doors again and theyve come up virtually spotless!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

also did a few freebie first cleans that were filthy that have come up pretty good as well.

neck is aching a bit but apart from that im fine! ;D ;D

mondays the day i start on my paying custys.its gonna be a mad month of work methinks!! ::) ??? :'( :-\ :-X 8) :o ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

trevor perry

Re: 2ND DAY WFP..........!OH DEAR.......!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 05:29:23 pm »
it sounds like your getting an air lock in the pipe when the pump runs low if this happens put a full barrel on the floor next to trolley put the trolley hose in the barrel but make sure the hose is as low as possible for entire length then turn pump onto maximum this will then remove any airlocks. on one of your previous threads you mention flowrate i find no 24 is plenty enough flow but my brush has 2x 2mm jets if your brush has bigger jets then you will need a higher flowrate, stick at it dazmund it does get easier once you get past the teething problems.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 05:39:18 pm »
thanks trevor ill try that next time.ive got a standard vikan rectangle brush on pole.im not sure what size the pencil jets are!

70 felt good but maybe a bit of overkill!ill keep trying different settings.ive noticed i use more water on a higher flow!

also ive been rinsing brush off the glass and it doesnt half tax the old arms!it must be this pole!its quite heavy and bendy after using it for an hour or so! ::)

still ill stick at it for better or worse!!

best wishes

dazmond

R W C™

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 05:42:43 pm »
Them poles are heavy mate, I recomend you buy a dual trim from gardiners which will help the weight as vikans are heavy also it they got smaller jets in.....

Ste M

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 05:45:46 pm »
Daz when I first went wfp I had a backpack an I hated it, had the same thoughts an problems as yourself, first thing I upgraded was the brushhead for a gardiners duel trim superlite an once I had that it made a big difference an I started to turn the corner after a few weeks of re-learning my round, stick with it mate an smile when it goes wrong cos a man who has never made a mistake has never worked ;D

Paul Coleman

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2010, 05:50:40 pm »
set trolley up this morning..........pump not working..........phoned pure freedom......he said its prob a loose connection.and he was right.2 connectors had come off right underneath the trolley!so i sort that.

then on and off through the day the pumps been on but no water coming out of brush!! ::)it was coughing and spluttering etc.ive noticed that when the barrels are nearly empty the pump stops working is that normal?

but even when i changed the barrels it the pump didnt work for about 15mins!so frustrating!! >:( >:(

im beginning to think that wfp is one big costly mistake!!all the faffing around id be half way down the road by now if i was trad!

anyway did my gilfriends friends windows and theyve come up really good even though the front windows were slightly oxidized! ;D ;D ;D

also did my own windows and next doors again and theyve come up virtually spotless!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

also did a few freebie first cleans that were filthy that have come up pretty good as well.

neck is aching a bit but apart from that im fine! ;D ;D

mondays the day i start on my paying custys.its gonna be a mad month of work methinks!! ::) ??? :'( :-\ :-X 8) :o ;D ;D
A lot of people think it's a costly mistake until they got used to it.  I got so far behind on my first cleans that I introduced WFP to my business in three parts.  First time around I did a third of it WFP.  Second time the first third and the second third.  The third time around I did the lot WFP.  It sounds like a lot of messing about but even with years of trad cleaning on them, those frames weren't giving their dirt up lightly.
Two things to say to you.
1) It will get better as you use it more.
2)  I still believe you ought to have pushed the boat out and got a van mount.  It certainly would have saved you from those airlocks in the bottom of the barrels.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2010, 05:52:15 pm »
thats wfp for you all fun and games for the first 2/3mths then you be flying.

Dave Willis

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2010, 06:03:46 pm »
Wait 'till you go back to collect. It's always fun studying you handywork whilst waiting at the front door  ;D

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2010, 09:34:50 pm »
Daz when I first went wfp I had a backpack an I hated it, had the same thoughts an problems as yourself, first thing I upgraded was the brushhead for a gardiners duel trim superlite an once I had that it made a big difference an I started to turn the corner after a few weeks of re-learning my round, stick with it mate an smile when it goes wrong cos a man who has never made a mistake has never worked ;D
well said ste  ;)
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

JSMC

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2010, 10:36:18 pm »
Wait 'till you go back to collect. It's always fun studying you handywork whilst waiting at the front door  ;D

pmsl thought that was just me LOL. So hard to see marks sometimes though. From inside is the best and when the sun is rising it shows everything

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2010, 10:56:50 pm »
im not really sure im gonna be faster on downstairs windows on standard run of the mill work and to be honest ill be tradding these windows the first few months and see how i get on.

ill be changing over most of my work in one go but only upstairs  on standard work.this will cut down the amount of time it takes me to get round on first cleans.also most frames have been cleaned last month trad.

i will be wfpoling all windows on my bigger accounts though.

ill have a bottle on a belt for downstairs trad work so im not carrying a bucket as well as the trolley&pole! ;) ;D ;D

thanks for the input lads

dazmond

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2010, 10:59:33 pm »
daz ope it goes well 4 u m8 was headaches 4 me ;)

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2010, 11:10:04 pm »
how are you getting on with it lammy?or have you decided to just clean the odd awkward house wfp? ??? ???

you should be flying now!! ;D ;D ;D

best wishes

dazmond

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2010, 11:14:05 pm »
daz im not flying m8 believe ive picked up 6 big houses
in chester who want wfp take 5 hours lol trad id do in 2 1/2 lol
im di only as you though van mount 400l (gota 250l) tank 4 u cheap
goin thru resin fast at 80 quid ago im thinking ov stayin on ladder
still headached up m8  ;)

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2010, 11:26:59 pm »
maybe some of us just prefer trad lammy!im going wfp to make more money and be safer while im earning it!

and believe you me mate im gonna make it happen!!

i can honestly say i bet im twice as fast on some commercial/big country houses after the first cleans are out of the way!and the awkward houses will be a lot better(safer)to clean.

ill be keeping my hand in with trad to mix it up a bit as i enjoy it and itll appease some of my domestic custys!(but only on downstairs windows!)

its all in my attitude lammy!

its my only chance of making more of a success of my cleaning business!it WILL HAPPEN!!

best wishes

dazmond

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2010, 11:32:03 pm »
daz i said same m8 listening m8 spotty windows
moaning custys who i ad for yrs
sum re cleaned for free sum done 4 free
resin 80 quid a throw brushes etc was thinking ov
doing ma self in lol do u want that 250 tank m8 cheap  ;)

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2010, 11:51:38 pm »
if things are that bad lammy maybe trad is king!!did you feel like you were losing your soul with wfp? ;D ;D ;D

thanks for the offer of the tank pal but i think ill stick with the barrels and trolley for now and see how i get on with it!!

good luck and best wishes mate and theres nowt wrong with staying trad if that suits you!!

whats your tds by the way?

mines 35 and ive a big 25L VESSEL for purifying at home and a 2.7L for topping up on jobs if need be.

have you got a decent round?

ive got a pretty good one and its getting better every month so ill easily cover my higher overheads

mci services

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2010, 12:04:32 am »
dazmond i have a higher tds than you mate and only buy a bag of resin every 6 months

yes airlocks was an early problem for me then for some reason i never get them now

yes you will be standing there looking at spots when collecting and think oh my god thats terrible but 99% will pay up and not question you as they dont look at the window like we do. a good trad guy looks and can see a missed bit instantly and can also tell the marks on the inside. but anyone new to the game just sees glass and marks.

its all trial and error mate and you will get there

mci services

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2010, 12:20:39 am »
having said that eventually you will instantly know what windows will be a problem and you will overcome it and you will not see the spots when standing at the door because you will have perfected it ;D

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2010, 12:25:03 am »
if things are that bad lammy maybe trad is king!!did you feel like you were losing your soul with wfp? ;D ;D ;D

thanks for the offer of the tank pal but i think ill stick with the barrels and trolley for now and see how i get on with it!!

good luck and best wishes mate and theres nowt wrong with staying trad if that suits you!!

whats your tds by the way?

mines 35 and ive a big 25L VESSEL for purifying at home and a 2.7L for topping up on jobs if need be.

have you got a decent round?

ive got a pretty good one and its getting better every month so ill easily cover my higher overheads
descent round m8 yeah bout 3k a mth im keeping somr trad as they r easier trad n quicker though a lot now r wfp upstairs as iv said b4 m8 im quick trad n love it
wanted wfp as a extra thinking add on i like it yeah but headaches wiv it
keep knackering poles clamps u name it iv broke it lol even flooded ma
new van not once twice  ;D ;D