This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Daniel Watson

What Would Jesus Do
« on: June 11, 2010, 12:06:05 pm »
Had a recent run of 3 complaints over the past week and would like some advice of what you would do in these situations.

1, had a customer phone me to cancel my service saying that the windows were S$£@ and i better not come around as her husband is up a ladder re- doing them and if he sees me he will thump me.

she didnt give me chance to say that i was 10 doors up from her and had a direct line of sight to her house.

i started to walk towards the house to see what the problem is at which point she saw me and drew the curtains, i walked around the back of the house and inspected my work, (which was fine).

i walked away.

2, did a first clean and afterwards handed the man a letter which explained wfp and told him that first cleans can be unpredictable but if he has any issues the call me and i will sort any problems out.

i returned a month later as was agreed and the windows had minor specs so i set about cleaning,

halfway through he ran around the back and told me to leave because he had never re booked me and didnt want his windows doing with wfp as they had specs on. i asked him why he had not called me over the past 4 weeks to complain or at least cancel me (if anyone cleaned my windows and i was not happy i would be straight on the phone).he was very rude and followed me around as i was packing up my equipment telling me how i should clean windows and trying to give me a fiver for doing half a 20 quid job.

i refused his money but i was losing my temper so through my teeth told him to get back in his house and leave me alone. I didnt yell turn violent.

3, got a call at 7.15 this morning off a lady trying to cancel me. i convinced her to let me come round and rectify my work.

on arrival i notices one line of drips on the front window which i buffed off with a cloth and went to see the conny that she had complained of. it was gleaming apart from a few bits of bird muck that was hours old i cleaned that off but could not see what the problem was at all.

i re- cleaned all. her windows including the velux on the roof which i didnt include in the original quote and did the conny trad when i noticed all the smears and dirt on the inside of the glass. she has cleaned the inside with a dirty cloth and was showing huge streaks running down the glass.

she returned home as i was packing up my kit and said that they were much better and they are crystal clear (which due to the insides they were not).

I just agreed with her and left.

I am a newbie so i take every complaint seriously as i may be in the wrong, I am not so arrogant to think that i am a wfp master.

What would you do in my position?

Re: What Would Jesus Do
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 12:13:32 pm »
I guess Jesus would stick to carpentry or draw money from the mouth of a fish and therefore not need the work.

As for me I tell them not to pay if they are not happy, however I have well established work and everyone pays as they like me.

As a newbie you will pick up all the customers the oldies have dropped. Sorry.

Rogue Trader

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 02:09:37 pm »
go back to TRAD - this WFP malrkey aint all it cracked up to be  ;D ;D

..... on a serious note , just move on and keep knocking those doors and you will replace these custies who will never be happy with any service provided to them put them in the category of lifes moaners/messers ....... the less of these types of custies on yer round the better :)

andyM

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 02:20:55 pm »
Daniel from what you have said I think you have been very reasonable. I also tell customers that if ever they are not happy with any aspect of the work I have down to call me and I will return to rectify it.
First cleans with WFP can sometimes not clean aswell as expected, allow plenty of time for first cleans, clean your brush after scrubbing dirty frames before you do the glass, use plenty of water and re-check the windows after you have cleaned.
If the customer is home when you have finished ask them if they are happy with the standard of the work before you leave.
Unfortunately some people are unreasonable, but there are good customers out there.
Don't lose heart, endeavour to give every customer the highest level of quality service you can and you will be rewarded.

One of the Plebs

Re: What Would Jesus Do New
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 03:10:54 pm »
 ;)

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2010, 03:49:29 pm »
God knows...

weetot

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2010, 05:00:41 pm »
He would probably suggest this........
Never take financial advice from people who have no money!

weetot

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2010, 05:01:46 pm »
Sorry, hope I didnt upset anyone!   ;)
Never take financial advice from people who have no money!

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2010, 05:13:49 pm »
 ;)

Paul Coleman

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2010, 05:58:58 pm »
He would probably turned the pure water into wine, gone out on the razzle, and forgotten about it  ;D .

neil100

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2010, 08:45:52 pm »
Hi Daniel my offer still holds if you want me to work with you for a few hours free of charge to give you any advice and tips,or spot anything that you are doing wrong.

I have over 30 years experince in window cleaning and I clean windows to a very high standard.

You can contact me on 01524381319 or 07780677316.

regards Neil.

jouk45

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2010, 09:24:02 pm »
i was just going to say can you get someone in your area with experience with wfp to show you the ropes, but i see neil100 is offering you, i would take the offer up from neil

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2010, 09:28:25 pm »
 ;)

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2010, 10:44:31 pm »
Sounds like you've picked up a few duffers. Newbies always pick up customers trying to take you for a ride. The advice would be in Jesus' words to "turn the other cheek" and move on.

Simon.   

Londoner

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2010, 06:32:38 am »
Customers are odd people, some you win some you lose. You just have to accept that a few are always going to be difficult. Over time you collect more of the good ones, let the bad ones go, and learn by your mistakes.

But lets leave religion out of it. Its only window cleaning after all. Do you talk about religion to the customers?

« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2010, 06:58:04 am »
 ;)

Londoner

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2010, 07:12:26 am »
That would turn me right off straight away if I was a customer.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2010, 08:17:51 am »
The "Tadah!" comment is very funny ... but only works if you believe God created man with original sin and if you beleive God is part of a Holy Trinity.

But back to the original poster - take up neil 100's offer - three complaints like that in a week mean that some of it is prolly down to you - the rest is as said above - dodgy custies.

Remember Proverbs 22 v 29 my friend ...

"Do you see a man skilled in his work? He will serve before kings; he will not serve before obscure men."
It's a game of three halves!

cat9921

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2010, 09:16:58 am »
Had a recent run of 3 complaints over the past week and would like some advice of what you would do in these situations.

1, had a customer phone me to cancel my service saying that the windows were S$£@ and i better not come around as her husband is up a ladder re- doing them and if he sees me he will thump me.

she didnt give me chance to say that i was 10 doors up from her and had a direct line of sight to her house.

i started to walk towards the house to see what the problem is at which point she saw me and drew the curtains, i walked around the back of the house and inspected my work, (which was fine).

i walked away.

2, did a first clean and afterwards handed the man a letter which explained wfp and told him that first cleans can be unpredictable but if he has any issues the call me and i will sort any problems out.

i returned a month later as was agreed and the windows had minor specs so i set about cleaning,

halfway through he ran around the back and told me to leave because he had never re booked me and didnt want his windows doing with wfp as they had specs on. i asked him why he had not called me over the past 4 weeks to complain or at least cancel me (if anyone cleaned my windows and i was not happy i would be straight on the phone).he was very rude and followed me around as i was packing up my equipment telling me how i should clean windows and trying to give me a fiver for doing half a 20 quid job.

i refused his money but i was losing my temper so through my teeth told him to get back in his house and leave me alone. I didnt yell turn violent.

3, got a call at 7.15 this morning off a lady trying to cancel me. i convinced her to let me come round and rectify my work.

on arrival i notices one line of drips on the front window which i buffed off with a cloth and went to see the conny that she had complained of. it was gleaming apart from a few bits of bird muck that was hours old i cleaned that off but could not see what the problem was at all.

i re- cleaned all. her windows including the velux on the roof which i didnt include in the original quote and did the conny trad when i noticed all the smears and dirt on the inside of the glass. she has cleaned the inside with a dirty cloth and was showing huge streaks running down the glass.

she returned home as i was packing up my kit and said that they were much better and they are crystal clear (which due to the insides they were not).

I just agreed with her and left.

I am a newbie so i take every complaint seriously as i may be in the wrong, I am not so arrogant to think that i am a wfp master.

What would you do in my position?

Even if you were the worst window cleaner in the world if you offered to redo the work and put it right I cannot see the problem  ::) in this game it really is swings and roundabouts, I had a customer that was not happy with my work we talked for 1 whole hour, I was trying to get another chance to put it right well she agreed but when I turned up she said not to bother >:(

Now I just let them get on with it I have so much work now and picking new work up all the time  ;D

as for what Jesus would of done, the fact that you put that in your post shows that you are a humble man and when you spoke to your customers I am  sure you was polite and respectfull, There was no more you could do

Adders  ;)

LQQK

Re: What Would Jesus Do? Nought cos he wouldnt let it bother him!
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2010, 09:33:09 am »

But lets leave religion out of it. Its only window cleaning after all. Do you talk about religion to the customers?

Exactly, for crying out loud, if your that obsessed with it get another job. We're not all fruit-cakes.