This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

FIRST DAY!!!!!............WFP!!
« on: June 10, 2010, 10:39:25 pm »
got my gear this afternoon.it was like xmas day! ;D ;D ;D

they sent me a orange n-tech streamline pole instead of an xtel.are they roughly the same pole?

also they sent the red trolley instead of the blue one i ordered but its nice so gonna keep it! ;)

they also sent me a bag of resin free that i didnt order!! :D :D

i cant quite believe how easy it is to purify my water!just pop on tap/di/container and its 000tds!!!

ive cleaned my mum/brothers/neighbours windows with mixed results.a bit disappointed really :( :(

firstly i scrubbed the frames then glass,then moved on to the next window,did the same,then went back to first window and just concentrated on the glass.scrub then a final rinse(brush off)making sure im not splashing the top frames.

some windows came up great!others were just awful!spotting galore on some!others looked great from a distance but close up faint spotting! :-\ :-\

my pure freedom varistream thingy was on 60(goes up to 99).it kept stopping after about half an hour!hopefully its just the battery that needs charging.what setting do you guys have it on?

what have i done?im sure wfp will be ok on upper windows from a distance!but living room/kitchen ones?im not so sure!! ::) ::)

price higher/work harder!

Re: FIRST DAY!!!!!............WFP!!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 10:41:33 pm »
its the first clean problem u have got,  try cleaning them again tomoz and see the difference, 

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 10:51:42 pm »
i kept standing on my pole hose!

somehow ive managed 3 small cuts to my hands!

the pole is heavier than i thought!my arms were aching after an hour

i think the trolley is a great bit of kit!it looks very pro and its not heavy at all with 50L on if your just pushing/pulling it on level ground! ;)

ive got quite a bit of extension hose so i can leave the trolley at the side of 2 houses and clean away!

the hose caught on EVERYTHING!esp as there is a big loop when the pole is closed as ive a pole tap!

oh apart from that great!oh........and...........spotty windows!!! :-\ :-\ ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 10:56:08 pm »
u get use to cable,  but it can be annoying, ur arms will be ok after a few days,  its becasue u r using a different arm montion to trad, but it gets easier

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 11:01:08 pm »
cheers blue monkey.ill clean mine and neighbours windows again tommorrow and see how they come up! ;D ;D ;D

dazmond

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 11:21:54 pm »
oh the joy daz lol youl be like me reaching back
4 them ladders lol if u can lift em
after all that pole ling lol gud luck m8 ;D ;D
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

BORBRYCE

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 11:44:57 pm »
You have to be very very precise when you rinse. Keep to just under the top rubber seal and don't whatever you do cheat on the water. You need a really good high flow rate to wash away all the guff, this is the reason why I only do tops with wfp when using my backpack/ trolley. It really does take a lot of water to come up good on every clean, not just the first. Invest in an Autobrush, does away with the hose loop nuisance.
You will get there, the spots will go soon if you up you'r flow rate I promise.

Jimmy1

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2010, 11:51:14 pm »
I agree with Ronnie, the higher the flow the better the clean, also rinse, rinse, rinse, when you first do a house I like to rinse with brush off. The arms aching will get better. Good Luck!

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2010, 12:44:34 am »
cheers lads!

the digiflow goes up to 99 so what do you think i should have it on?80-90?

and should i rinse quite near the glass but careful to not touch the top frames?im using pencil jets by the way.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2010, 06:39:35 am »
dazmond when rinsing,start rinsing about 1 inch down from the rubber,so the water doesnt go back on to the frames,keeping the brush really close to the glass. ;)

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2010, 07:06:45 am »
Welcome,to,wfp :'(
Spit and polish

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2010, 07:10:52 am »
cheers for the tips lads!

i suppose its a learning curve!ill be out today cleaning my neighbours/friends windows.Down my girlfriends street they havent got a window cleaner by the looks of it!so im going to do a few freebies.i need the practice!

dazmond

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2010, 07:20:27 am »
on the positive side my feet were on the ground all afternoon!

the frames have come up great on everybodys windows!!

the glass that has come up good is near perfect!!

so today ill try with a higher flow rate and rinse nearer the glass.

some houses im doing for free today are really dirty.do you think i should try using the vikan sill brush ive got spare rather than the vikan rectangle one?

Steven01903

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2010, 07:37:01 am »
That is a high flow rate, You will get through a lot of water.
I run mine at 28 some days and 35 the other days.
If you are worried then do the top windows twice, Saves you having to go back and the custy will be pleased with the job on the first clean and then she will be singing your praises to everyone.

LQQK

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2010, 07:39:22 am »
Daz I dont see the need for a sill brush, if you have any brush set at the correct angle and pole at the correct length then you can do sills.

Problem I had with a trolley system is that because you havent got an endless supply of water by definition with that system you tend to be continually wary of wasting water, thus on first cleans etc you are more prone to spotting.

When I upgraded to a van-mount I went for a 350 litre. Its enough for a day just about, but when I upgrade agian Ill be going for a 500 litre so I can rinse even more.

Its the first clean blues you have and that mental thing that you need to conserve your supplies to be able to keep working.

Good luck mate, you'll get there; everyone has spotting now and then.

Londoner

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2010, 07:50:52 am »
It will get better, the first week I went out with a trolley system it nearly ended up in the local brook.

Now, your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to become an expert on spots. WFP is all about spots and they don't all go away. Look for spots,  understand where they come from and how to manage the causes of spots.

Learn to see the signs of milky frames, and be aware of the dirt that collects on the top of the frame.

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2010, 07:55:32 am »
cheers steptoe.

i do have a 50L system and ive got 300L that ill be taking to work everyday.im going to do wfp tops/trad bottoms for a lot of houses so 300L should be more than adequate.also i have a small di in van for tops up if need be.

trad is defo king on downstairs domestics methinks!ill have a bottle on a belt so no bucket.

of course any awkward high bottom windows and massive conservatories will be wfp

Dave Willis

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2010, 07:59:33 am »
Can't understand why you've got spotting. You must be the only one on this forum. In three years I've found everybody does a perfect job and never ever gets a spot - perfect results every time. Some guys even wash once on a first clean.
Your problem is your looking at the results. You've got to splash and dash.  ;D

dazmond

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2010, 08:05:46 am »
hi vince ive cleaned most top frames trad last month.also i know which frames have oxidised on my round.

me personally already i think wfp is great for windows/frames above ground level and awkward downstairs windows.

as for spotting i guess you can find loads if you look too close! :P

ill get to find where there coming from with experience and try to keep them to a minimum!!

regards

dazmond

Dave Willis

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2010, 08:10:47 am »
You'll find it really frustrating to start with and perfect results can be hard. I'm never happy with it but have also never lost a customer due to spotting. You'll be wanting a lighter pole by the end of the week. Watch those shoulders develop over the next few months. The neck pain goes away after the first year.  ;)