This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ryan @ Transparent, Carlisle

growing too fast?
« on: June 09, 2010, 10:24:37 am »
finally hit the 300 customers 'mark' (the last time i checked it was 215 a few weeks ago)

been lashing it down with rain the past few days, and a couple of days last week, and family bereavement, has left me right behind.

i've got about 4 days work to do, in 2 days  ;D

cant work tommorow [family again] so that leaves me friday, & saturday, if the weathers ok.

im away on holiday monday - friday. which is going to be a well deserved break.

i'll be looking forward to getting back, and having a real busy week  ;D

Re: growing too fast?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 10:26:51 am »
also, i had a target for august..... to be turning over a certain amount per annum. and i have just acheived this.. a month or so early ;D ;D

Sseddon

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 10:44:30 am »
How did you achieve your target? Did you canvass or leaflet?

chopsie

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 11:00:37 am »
well done ryan. I have over 160 customers now, and I have not been doing a great deal to get them after i got just over a 100, Just keep ringing from old flyers i dropped, or recommendations etc. I went away last week and have 82 jobs to do this week (do not work tuesdays) and its peeing down now  :( How many can you do in a day? are you trad or wfp? I really need to get faster. If the work is there i often clear £100 in a day, but thats not every day as i don't have enough work. Probably earn just over minimum wage if i average it out over 6 weeks. If i could do all those 82 this week thats bang on £900. But there is no way i could do it at my present speed  :'(  I know people do not like earnings posts, but i don't give a monkeys  :D I am not exactly bragging about earning just over minimum wage  :-[
chopsie

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 11:24:24 am »
Ryan Lee... good on you

Chopsie... why not condense those customers down and get out knocking / leafleting
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

chopsie

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 11:31:49 am »
what do you mean by condense down? try to get them in same street etc?
chopsie

Ian101

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2010, 11:47:51 am »
Well done M8  ;D ... Im just doing my last day in employment today (skiving on here  ;) ) ... taken a weeks holiday then getting stuck in .... how long did it take you to hit 300 ?? as thats the sort of figure Im after

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2010, 12:19:28 pm »
you should get quicker chopsie over time and pick up more work around the work your already doing!

i regularly hit the £150 per day trad and higher some days but im well est and have a lot of very compact work

when i get my wfp stuff(should be friday now!) after the first cleans im hoping itll be more like £170-£200+ per day on average. 

ill be canvassing some of the bigger awkward properties near my work and also ill be putting some of my prices up again on houses im doing extra windows(skylights/above connys etc)plus the glass conny roof cleans etc.

keep at it and keep canvassing guys! ;) ;D ;D

best wishes

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

chopsie

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2010, 12:33:52 pm »
yeh Dazmond i know i will get quicker (or i hope so!), I am faster now than when i started, I am trying WFP upstairs and trad downstairs to try and save water for now, Also i think the customers will appreciate it. I will also be pretty good at trad come winter (I hope  :P ) So i will be able to just trad downstairs if we have a big freeze again and so keep some money coming in and custies happy. Also I feel a great sense of satisfaction when i am tradding, You actually see the end results(and know they are ok) compared to WFP, Also you appreciate there is a skill to tradding. I think you have gone down the right route with your pure freedom trolley, There are many times on my round where i wish i had a trolley, metres of hose dragging about is a nightmare at times, there is umpteen things to catch on, and this time of year there is flowers etc to be careful of. I have an ongoing project making a trolley out of a sack truck with the pump etc out of my split backpack, hopefully that will help me out. Trouble is cash to do it, and know how, DIY has never been my strong point  ::)  will get there one day.
chopsie

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2010, 12:49:18 pm »
chopsie ive ordered the 50 L TROLLEY.i know it will be quite heavy but less time fillin up from van and ill also trad some bottom windows.coupled with extension hose so im not moving the trolley too much i think itll be ideal for all my very compact work(often hard to park van as well!).

good luck mate and stick at it! ;) ;)

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2010, 02:14:35 pm »
well done ryan. I have over 160 customers now, and I have not been doing a great deal to get them after i got just over a 100, Just keep ringing from old flyers i dropped, or recommendations etc. I went away last week and have 82 jobs to do this week (do not work tuesdays) and its peeing down now  :( How many can you do in a day? are you trad or wfp? I really need to get faster. If the work is there i often clear £100 in a day, but thats not every day as i don't have enough work. Probably earn just over minimum wage if i average it out over 6 weeks. If i could do all those 82 this week thats bang on £900. But there is no way i could do it at my present speed  :'(  I know people do not like earnings posts, but i don't give a monkeys  :D I am not exactly bragging about earning just over minimum wage  :-[

its took since august 2009.  how many can get done in a day depends on the round thats being worked.... some days its about 50, nice compact round, and others it can be 15 (spread out country houses)

keept at it mate, you'll pick up speed without even noticing it. You'll be constantly learning how to go faster without compromising the quality of your work.

I do everything trad.

weetot

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2010, 03:17:07 pm »
also, i had a target for august..... to be turning over a certain amount per annum. and i have just acheived this.. a month or so early ;D ;D

Well done mate, but just remember you've got to contend with the winter, and still do the same amount of work. :D

Never take financial advice from people who have no money!

Sseddon

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2010, 03:44:02 pm »
Well done. That's brilliant.

Dave Willis

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2010, 04:35:36 pm »
50 a day Ryan? Well that's your 300 finished in your first week. What do you do the rest of the month?

tom2009

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2010, 06:10:58 pm »
50 a day Ryan? Well that's your 300 finished in your first week. What do you do the rest of the month?
:o :o

lee_dewing

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2010, 06:12:32 pm »
that's what i thought dave ;D
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

woody1

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2010, 06:48:41 pm »
Ryan its all well an good getting lots of work but if the price is low its a pointless task
i price high so i dont have to work like a dog to make end meat
And 50 a day behave mate not a chance unless they only have 3 windows mate
people are not stupid on this forum they have heard it all before

I had a windy tell me he had loads of work i only ever saw his car in a pub car park

if you can do 50 houses a day to a profesional standard i will eat my hat

Its not how many its how much !!!

Sseddon

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2010, 07:30:35 pm »

And 50 a day behave mate not a chance unless they only have 3 windows mate
people are not stupid on this forum they have heard it all before

Not to support or otherwise the OP's claim, my dad had a round in Bristol in the 70s & 80s. On some terraced streets I remember he tore through them. He would walk around the top bays with chamois & scrim. He had pretty much every house in the streets he did, so very compact. He was also a perfectionist, so they were all done to a high standard. Sadly he died in January so I can't ask him how many he'd do a day, but it was certainly a lot more than 20. He was useless at business though. He was too cheap and never put his prices up.

peter1983

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2010, 08:39:42 pm »
lol 50 a day no way i have been window cleaning for 8 year now from 19 year old i can get max 14 house done a day

Sseddon

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2010, 08:54:51 pm »
lol 50 a day no way i have been window cleaning for 8 year now from 19 year old i can get max 14 house done a day

How long does each house take you?