This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Scrimble

Re: Car scrubbing service
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2010, 10:39:10 am »
my car is fine,  its a flocked brush, so why would it scratch the car, thats what it is made for,  ::)

your car will be covered with swirl scratches, dont know why you wanna offer a car washing service when its obvious you dont even know how to wash a car properly

Darranvps

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2010, 10:40:04 am »
i clean my car with pure water. but i won't use a brush as it would produce swirl marks. i clean with soap and a sponge then use pure water to rinse off through my pressure washer. no need to dry and it gleams and the windows are spotless to. no swirly cloth marks

Pressure washing at high pressure causes lots of swirl marks ;)

chopsie

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2010, 11:00:53 am »
Do not use pure water, Its worse that battery acid, all the paint will come off and if you get it on any flowers they will die too  :o  ::)
Ha ha I just spat my tea out, Thanks!!!  ;D
Glad someone got it....... ;D  Some people take everything so seriously  :P
chopsie

Steve CM

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2010, 02:48:04 pm »
i clean my car with pure water. but i won't use a brush as it would produce swirl marks. i clean with soap and a sponge then use pure water to rinse off through my pressure washer. no need to dry and it gleams and the windows are spotless to. no swirly cloth marks

Pressure washing at high pressure causes lots of swirl marks ;)

i'm sure my electric karcher would do a lot of damage. i could probably pee harder! ;)

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2010, 03:51:28 pm »
You're mad.
You'll leave brush scratches on the paintwork, and the pure water will strip off the polish and it will fade in the sun.

Scrimble

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2010, 06:44:18 pm »
You're mad.
You'll leave brush scratches on the paintwork, and the pure water will strip off the polish and it will fade in the sun.

think you mean it will strip the wax off not the polish,

it doesnt strip the wax off i wash my van every week and it is rinsed with pure water you can see the water beading because its waxed and it lasts months

e newlands

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2010, 09:23:19 pm »
when my mate got made redundant  he brought  old pick up stuck a ibc on the back pump controller etc with a ro system in his shed had a few leaflets knocked up a few chemicals etc and set himself up as a hand car wash on a bit of waste land on a industrial estate
he done really well until a dirty little weasel from some two bob goverment dept busted him something about discharging water into the ground
so he moved on and went mobile valeting still does ok but not as profitable

weetot

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2010, 09:33:04 pm »
I washed mine in pure and it looks ok to me! :-\

Never take financial advice from people who have no money!

jouk45

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2010, 09:40:31 pm »
my car is fine,  its a flocked brush, so why would it scratch the car, thats what it is made for,  ::)

your car will be covered with swirl scratches, dont know why you wanna offer a car washing service when its obvious you dont even know how to wash a car properly
not a very nice remark allstar, especialy, when you dont know me, i know more about car valeting than many folk, i use to own one.

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2010, 09:43:47 pm »
Hi
I had a friend who used to clean about 4 grand a month worth of window cleaning Mon - Fri, he also washed cars at his local golf club on Saturdays, with his waterfed pole system, and he made a fortune, he has now moved to Australia doing exactly the same thing. His websites are

http://www.aqwamagic.com.au/ and http://www.h2ongo.net.au/index.php he goes on a bit but there are some interesting bits to read on them.

He has some interesting pictures of systems we built in 2003, and of us window cleaning, I am the one cleaning the glass roof.
tidy a small fourtune u say ??? u getting any jobs cheshire ways  north wales darran u cant cover ????
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2010, 10:07:54 pm »
You're mad.

think you mean it will strip the wax off not the polish,

it doesnt strip the wax off i wash my van every week and it is rinsed with pure water you can see the water beading because its waxed and it lasts months
Ah yeah, pouring pure water over it won't, but he's talking about scrubbing it with his brush.

If it didn't take a thin layer of polish off it would be pretty crap at getting grease off windows wouldn't it?!

Re: Car scrubbing service New
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2010, 10:11:06 pm »
 ;)

jouk45

« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2010, 10:18:49 pm »
well no one is complaining at my side, am talking about basic exterior cleaning here,
if the wax wears of, they will need to rewax wont they simples,

aallshine

« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2010, 11:42:57 pm »
yes you can offer this service,pure water is fine, it has been using purefied water for many years in america,number one for car wash market,but if you do with brush,would you take hours to finish a 4x4 with 3 kids and 2 dogs, and charge only 25 pounds,plus a big van, and marks everywhere, you know what, if you have a round of window cleaning,stick it,because cars are not like houses, they move,they have accidents,crash,people going on holiday,etc

I do car valeting,but I hope to leave asap.for window cleaning. because long hours,short money...

dazmond

« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2010, 12:04:05 am »
i dont see the point!i stick to windows/conny roofs/fascias/soffits and im full with work most of the time!!!

i like to keep it simple and not diversify too much from window cleaning!after all im a window cleaner!! ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

Re: Car scrubbing service New
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2010, 06:16:32 am »
 ;)

Londoner

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2010, 06:22:34 am »
Strangely enough I saw a van today that I had never seen before with "Car and Window Cleaning Service" signwritten on it. Some enterprising soul trying to carve a niche for himself. Good luck to him.

Darranvps

« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2010, 07:29:41 am »
Hi
I had a friend who used to clean about 4 grand a month worth of window cleaning Mon - Fri, he also washed cars at his local golf club on Saturdays, with his waterfed pole system, and he made a fortune, he has now moved to Australia doing exactly the same thing. His websites are

http://www.aqwamagic.com.au/ and http://www.h2ongo.net.au/index.php he goes on a bit but there are some interesting bits to read on them.

He has some interesting pictures of systems we built in 2003, and of us window cleaning, I am the one cleaning the glass roof.
tidy a small fourtune u say ??? u getting any jobs cheshire ways  north wales darran u cant cover ????

Hi, I will let you know if I do ;D

Dave Willis

« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2010, 07:45:56 am »
Dirt magnets? Virgin cleans? Lab grade water? whatever next?

Darranvps

« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2010, 07:56:21 am »
We have a car wash in Varna, Bulgaria, and we use the Ionic Pro 6 Static to produce our water