This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Car scrubbing service New
« on: June 09, 2010, 08:47:10 am »
 ;)

Tom Mac

Re: Car scrubbing service
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 09:30:19 am »
We got a local hand car wash place. You turn up and 5 or 6 guys hand wash the car, do the wheels and dry the car all for £6. Its a good job but how the hell do they make a good living off that. Stick with windows

Re: Car scrubbing service New
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 12:39:08 pm »
 ;)

Darranvps

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 01:16:28 pm »
Hi
I had a friend who used to clean about 4 grand a month worth of window cleaning Mon - Fri, he also washed cars at his local golf club on Saturdays, with his waterfed pole system, and he made a fortune, he has now moved to Australia doing exactly the same thing. His websites are

http://www.aqwamagic.com.au/ and http://www.h2ongo.net.au/index.php he goes on a bit but there are some interesting bits to read on them.

He has some interesting pictures of systems we built in 2003, and of us window cleaning, I am the one cleaning the glass roof.

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 01:40:02 pm »
i do cars for some of my window cleaning customers using wfp its a bit of extra income each month .
where theres muck theres money

SB Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 06:39:40 pm »
Hi
I had a friend who used to clean about 4 grand a month worth of window cleaning Mon - Fri, he also washed cars at his local golf club on Saturdays, with his waterfed pole system, and he made a fortune, he has now moved to Australia doing exactly the same thing. His websites are

http://www.aqwamagic.com.au/ and http://www.h2ongo.net.au/index.php he goes on a bit but there are some interesting bits to read on them.

He has some interesting pictures of systems we built in 2003, and of us window cleaning, I am the one cleaning the glass roof.
that roof you are cleaning looks very flat, how did you rinse off???

Klean07

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2010, 07:14:16 pm »
We got a local hand car wash place. You turn up and 5 or 6 guys hand wash the car, do the wheels and dry the car all for £6. Its a good job but how the hell do they make a good living off that. Stick with windows
I take my car here once a fortnight and the guys wash my car, alloys, and valet inside with free air freshner for a tenner.  ;D
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

jouk45

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2010, 04:41:59 pm »
after a lot of mucking around, i finally managed to make my wfp car washing brush, it works brilliantly, my backpack has a 40psi pump, but anyone with 60 or 100psi backpack will have even more pressure,

just use the on/off switch supplied with washing brush,
also buy the longarm brush adaptor, you need this or it wont work

if you have a big car, just leave a full 20ltr bottle on top off the backpack, saves refilling

heres a short video, showing it working, sorry not very good quality

Scrimble

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2010, 05:35:43 pm »
your mad it wont take long before your car is covered with scratches cleaning it like that

jouk45

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2010, 07:25:55 pm »
my car is fine,  its a flocked brush, so why would it scratch the car, thats what it is made for,  ::)

chopsie

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2010, 07:31:05 pm »
Do not use pure water, Its worse that battery acid, all the paint will come off and if you get it on any flowers they will die too  :o  ::)
chopsie

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2010, 08:08:59 pm »
 ;)

chopsie

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2010, 08:16:15 pm »
any flowers within a 100 meter radius
chopsie

NJWindowCleaning

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2010, 08:18:52 pm »
Hi,

I have used my pure water on my car more than once and it has not damaged anything on the paint work or my wifes car, and have also used it on my customers cars as well all cars are good nothing damaged on any cars.

Many Thanks

Nigel

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2010, 08:37:48 pm »
 ;)

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2010, 09:29:53 pm »
Chopie flower love pure water same a rain. I cleaned car 2 years with pure and I have drank it for2 years. I think you should read up on a bit of science.

jouk45

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2010, 11:58:02 pm »
yes i clean using pure water, and what a shine, and you would think the glass was invisible, thats how good it is, no one listen to all the storys, if it gets in to scratches, it will rust, take the paintwork off, its all rubbish, it does just as good a job as wfp comes up spottless  8)

Steve CM

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2010, 07:02:54 am »
i clean my car with pure water. but i won't use a brush as it would produce swirl marks. i clean with soap and a sponge then use pure water to rinse off through my pressure washer. no need to dry and it gleams and the windows are spotless to. no swirly cloth marks

Jack Wallace

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2010, 07:49:36 am »
Do not use pure water, Its worse that battery acid, all the paint will come off and if you get it on any flowers they will die too  :o  ::)
Ha ha I just spat my tea out, Thanks!!!  ;D

Darranvps

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2010, 10:37:32 am »
Hi

that roof you are cleaning looks very flat, how did you rinse off???

The roof peaked in the middle, but only slightly, it was a hard job, and if I remember correctly it took me about 5 hours. I had to park the van quite a long way off - feeding the hose through a fourth floor window, running through a classroom and a coridoor and out onto the flat roof. We used a 100 psi pump, and flow rate was quite good, and as it was a fairly new roof there was not too much grime to shift. We only used pure water - no detergents. The building was Bradford Boys Grammar School and as the name suggests it was in Bradford, West Yorkshire.