This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

STEVE-UK

Auto shut off system for static ro
« on: June 08, 2010, 07:24:44 pm »
I need to get a auto shut off system for my static twin 4040 ro system

anyone got any good ideas that doesnt mean the waste is still running?

The best idea ive come across is a 230v solenoid valve with sub pump type float switch

john tomkins

Paul Coleman

Re: Auto shut off system for static ro
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 12:20:21 am »
I don't like electrical cutoff.  I've been let down by them before.  Although it means sacrificing a bit of water near the top of the tank, I prefer a ballc0ck type system.  I currently have 3/8" tubing into a John Guest type fitting with the ballc0ck stuff screwed onto the end of that.  Not sure that fatness of tube would be enough for a 4040 though.

dd

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 05:37:00 pm »
Don't you need to cut off water supply to RO, as just cutting supply to tank would still mean water going through RO and out waste pipe?

paul saunders

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 06:20:01 pm »
Thats what the auto shut off in the link above does, it shuts off the pure and waste water.Not a bad price, but I'm sure I've seen them cheaper on ebay.  ;)
I can remember when waking up stiff in the morning was a good thing.

john tomkins

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 06:20:21 pm »
Don't you need to cut off water supply to RO, as just cutting supply to tank would still mean water going through RO and out waste pipe?

Thats why I posted the link above... that does shut off water supply

john tomkins

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 06:21:16 pm »
Thats what the auto shut off in the link above does, it shuts off the pure and waste water.Not a bad price, but I'm sure I've seen them cheaper on ebay.  ;)

Damn ...you beat me by 20 seconds :P

dd

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2010, 07:58:05 pm »
How does it work? I assume the ball valve is fitted in tank, so how does it cut off supply to RO? (I am not particularly technically minded)

STEVE-UK

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2010, 08:16:48 pm »
Can this handle the flow of a twin 4040 system?

paul saunders

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2010, 09:31:08 pm »
How many outlets does the tn 40/40 have? ie 2 seperate outlets or 2 outlets connected together is the waste the same?
What size hose does it use

STEVE-UK

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2010, 09:59:54 pm »
1 supply hose, 2 pure & 1 waste in standard size hose

Steve Weatherley

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2010, 11:28:29 pm »
I actually did some homework on this issue myself. The auto shut off valve as mentioned in the above link will only work if you are using 1/4 inch pipe. Please bear this in mind as the company in question don't seem to be able to provide any other sizes of connector

Paul Coleman

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2010, 06:48:24 am »

No.  It doesn't happen that way.  I'm not actually sure why it doesn't happen that way but it just doesn't  :) .

EDITED TO ADD:  In view of the other posts on the subject, I thought I better add that my RO is a merlin.  The tube on the outlet of the RO is 3/8" John Guest type and that goes into the tank.  There is a very thin piece of tube (1/8"??) that comes out of the RO into a small container which I'm told is some kind of autoflush tank.  I didn't set that up myself so unsure.

D B Services

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2010, 06:50:10 am »
That auto shut off in the link is useless for a 40 inch system It's designed for the small RO's that use 1/4 inch tubing.

You do need a solenoid linked to a float valve in the tank on the INLET hose from the tap.

Dan

paul saunders

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2010, 07:59:40 am »
If 40/40's don't use 1/4” hose then what DB services said is correct.