This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

C-N-C

Best RO for hard water
« on: May 28, 2010, 10:28:09 pm »
Hiya guy's ;)
Hope ya all sound....
Right, iv had a load ov problems with ro....
I have been using a merlin for 3 years now & i live in a hard water area 600(ish) ppm/tds from tap
My merlin reduces this high tds to 50 ppm.... ???
Now iv been talking to window cleaners around my town & they have got ro's that take the water down to 000 ppm...EH!!!!!! :o one ov them said he got it from window cleaning warehouse
So you can imagine all the resin i use,im so sick now fellas,he dont even buy resin... >:(and i spend a lot more time on my buisness etc.....

My local chemical company quoted me £400 plus for a system that takes water down to 18 ppm,thats better than the 50 ppm now......

But is there anyone who can help,who maybee has same hard water & gets 000 ppm from ro ????

Any help much appreciated guy's

Take care
Justin
C-N-C ;)

tomy jackson

Re: Best RO for hard water
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 09:34:39 am »
40 40 with buster pump

paul rulton

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 09:49:02 am »
get urself a 40/40 m8  ;) i do not know from exp, but been told that the merlin is a load of POO!   :(

dmlservices

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 10:02:10 am »
crikey, thought my tds was high, around 295, but 600 :o

daz

Topclean

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 10:30:59 am »
I had same problem but is was the membrane that was shot
I have just received a new membrain from gaps and now I'm
getting anywere between 6-9 TDS it's deffinatley worth investing
In a 40- 40. Not cheap but In The long run save money on resin
and the time changing it!!!!

D B Services

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2010, 10:38:13 am »
I would like to see any RO take the TDS down to zero from 600+!!!

I bet he is using resin somewhere to polish it off.

As has been said get a decent 40 inch RO set up and you won't go wrong. Gapwater are the best supplier I have ever dealt with on RO stuff by a mile.

Dan

Window Washers

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2010, 10:44:49 am »
Justin,

I would contact your water suplier as 600 is way excessive, and I think I remember someone saying that anying over 500 they have to look into sorting it out.

4040 without a doubt saves messing about

I have very hard water 470+  >:(
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

andy east sussex

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2010, 12:23:34 pm »
dows gapwater have a website mate

Frankybadboy

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2010, 05:29:35 pm »
dows gapwater have a website mate
yes google it ;D

Window Washers

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2010, 06:16:36 pm »
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Paul Coleman

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2010, 06:17:59 pm »
get urself a 40/40 m8  ;) i do not know from exp, but been told that the merlin is a load of POO!   :(

It depends what you want really.  If quantity is more important than purity, you don't mind using extra resin to get to 000 TDS, you're not on a meter (it makes lots of waste), and getting a 4040 is a bit pricey for now, then it is an OK option.
I have a merlin.  The only thing I have against it is the amount of waste (I now use a restrictor on the waste pipe).  It was fine before I was on a meter but the waste water bill would have been colossal so I restrict it now (will probably shorten membrane life a bit).
If I hadn't already got the merlin before the switch to a meter, I may well have gone for a 4040.  I've still got all the bits (except membranes and pre filters) for an old 300 GPD setup and have even considered reverting to that as they waste a lot less.

C-N-C

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2010, 10:05:58 pm »
Hi guy's.... ;)
Hope ya all okay...BIG UP YOU LOT :)
Thank you so much for ya post's & input......
My tap water is 575ppm...just checked ond with the merlin only taken it down to 50ppm i think its time to go with a 40/40....that is a 40 inch membrain system,in it? :-[

This window cleaner who gets 000 from his ro,get's on my tits now ;D
I,being nice ,as i do with all fellow window cleaners,pulled up & introduced myself,told him i wont knock on his patch for work & gave him my card,he refused ,EH.....
i Just being nice to the guy,was saying if i got any calls in his area i will pass them to him,he said"no thanks,im ok"....what a k#ob head.......
He even told me he had his reach n wash years...WHAT A LIER....iv seen him about for years on ladders....LOL....some folk make me laugh........i told him he better learn to use it propley then.... ;D
So it done my head in when he said he gets 000ppm from his RO ;D
& i been using a wheeliebin full ov resin every few month....LOL
I hope you are reading this post anyway...i dont like you....HA HA....

Anyway guy's nice to read all ya post's.......very helpful ;)

Take care & kindest regards
Justin
WWW.CLEAN-N-CLEARWINDOWS.CO.UK