This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Carl2009

What flow controller set up do you use?
« on: May 28, 2010, 05:30:51 pm »
At the moment on my setup on the microbore I have a metal flow controller with a Rectus 21 male connector, as here: http://www.purefreedom.co.uk/wheeled-metal-hose-reel-with-100m-8mm-hose-and-fittings-kit-p-279.html
On the pole hose I have a female Rectus 21. This setup means I can turn the water off at the hose, disconnect and water is retained in the pole/hose 'cos of the Rectus 21 female being a waterstop.

The problem is that no matter how careful I am in returning the tap to the trolley before winding in it gradually gets damaged with the red-painted aluminium 'handle' cracking and falling off.

Pics of your own set up (microbore hose end and pole-hose connectors) together with pros and cons would be a great help in seeing what you guys use and seeing if I should change.

Cheers

SB Cleaning

Re: What flow controller set up do you use?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 05:37:03 pm »
Yep i have exactly the same problem :(

Carl2009

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 05:44:50 pm »
Annoying innit! There's gotta be someone on here whose found a solution.

jouk45

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 07:13:30 pm »
buy the large protecta balls from gardiners  put one on  each side, that might help

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 10:49:07 pm »
i use the balls, one on each end and it still gets broken,  i have been through 2 in a year

chopsie

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2010, 11:08:58 pm »
my poles came with male  ends so had to take the tap fitting your on about off my purefreedom reel and replace with a spare female fitting off my backpack (ez snap one i think) My pole hose has got a tap on it so water can still be turned off at pole and water stays in microbore when disconnected. so no tap on hose reel to get damaged. I never did this on purpose as i never knew of this problem as i am new, But might be a solution for you
chopsie

Dan French

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2010, 08:58:07 am »
Hi Carl2009
Have you got the rubber disk in the right position, to far back and it is of no use at all.
I also found the little screw that holds the handle on would come loose so I put a blob of super glue on it and since losing the first one ,not lost one since.
Cheers

Window Washers

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2010, 12:04:52 pm »
change the tap as they are terrible. the taps with little black handle from gardiners I have found the best (although they dont stock the other parts you need to go into the tap !!,)  ::)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

stevieg

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2010, 12:51:44 pm »
Drill a golf ball ,one either side lifts the fittings off the ground and keeps them safe.

dmlservices

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2010, 02:17:06 pm »
varistream , no tap, autobrush, or trigger, simple.

daz

stephen.b1

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2010, 02:46:23 pm »
get a tennis ball put a hole just big enough for the hose and a bigger hole for the valve and just slip it over the valve when finished put a plastic tye about six inches down the hose to stop the ball going to far down

traps7

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2010, 07:18:41 pm »
change the tap as they are terrible. the taps with little black handle from gardiners I have found the best (although they dont stock the other parts you need to go into the tap !!,)  ::)

That's not what you said last year Ian.

You said "if that tap is anything like the one I have been using for the last 3 days they are total rubbish, turn on when knocked a little, try turning off still let water out. have to take it off and bin it as the worst tap I have ever used. Maybe a fault with it, but the first day it was annoying me the second day worse, thank job I was only on one job today as I would have pulled my hair out.. them taps IMO get a rating of 2/10 the 2 is because they look nice"

I found it here: http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=85728.0#msg762608

Window Washers

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2010, 07:51:27 pm »

That's not what you said last year Ian.

You said "if that tap is anything like the one I have been using for the last 3 days they are total rubbish, turn on when knocked a little, try turning off still let water out. have to take it off and bin it as the worst tap I have ever used. Maybe a fault with it, but the first day it was annoying me the second day worse, thank job I was only on one job today as I would have pulled my hair out.. them taps IMO get a rating of 2/10 the 2 is because they look nice"

I found it here: http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=85728.0#msg762608
they seem to have changed them m8, I have not used the ones from purefreemdom for over a year now because the handles break and come off, the small black ones work far better and last a little longer.

I am impressed with your memory Traps  ;) the newer ones I use seem to have a squarer black handle, on about 6 months on one of the taps so far which I great as they get bashed about loads.

I rarely now disconnect the pole hose from the tap saves on the replacements of the rectus fittings, how this pans out I dont know as been doing it for a few months now.

Anyone that knows of pole hose that does not tangle like made I would love to hear from, as the slx pole hose is doing my swede in even after hot water as tangles like a wild thing
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

traps7

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2010, 08:31:35 pm »
I've been using the push fit ones from Gardiners. No protecta ball only on the rectus fitting a little further up. Only problem was last week with all that sun it made the black pole hose hot which meant you can't pull from the pole hose else it pulls out. Someone else said about this in another thread.

Window Washers

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2010, 08:32:43 pm »
I've been using the push fit ones from Gardiners. No protecta ball only on the rectus fitting a little further up. Only problem was last week with all that sun it made the black pole hose hot which meant you can't pull from the pole hose else it pulls out. Someone else said about this in another thread.
do you have the rectus on your hose reel hose then ?

traps7

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2010, 09:29:44 pm »
Yes the female is on the hose reel and the liitle male pushes straight onto the pole hose. I dont use a clip on the pole hose as it has always seemed to stay on. Protecta ball either side and  the push fit control about 12" away up the pole hose. All from Gardiners.  I tried many different ways and all took some getting used to but i like this way personally until someone shows me a better way.

suds window service

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2010, 09:31:48 pm »
dont do taps anymore fhey were costing me a small fortune.
  do these now last a lot longer

traps7

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2010, 09:35:05 pm »
I can't see how that will last longer sorry. Have to agree to disagree.

suds window service

Re: What flow controller set up do you use? New
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2010, 09:38:30 pm »
i must of had crap taps in my time....these last me 6 months
and are a quarter of the price