This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dmlservices

Re: What is rinsing on the glass
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2010, 08:08:59 pm »
i rinse brush on with 2mm pencil jets and a high flow  , a good brush and a high flow is the key to rinsing brush on,   however on some problem windows that bead badly , i raise brush just off glass to rinse, and on first cleans i also rinse brush off,   once you get used to it , it is really quick,  i also clean my brush when needed on a lower part of frame ,  before moving brush to top of window to clean as normal, i only need to do that if sills are particulary dirty.

daz

windowswashed

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2010, 10:01:06 pm »
Rinse brush off.......you must be joking ;D

james44

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2010, 10:09:09 pm »
Who phoned dial-a-twit?

Your the twit rinsing of the glass lol

Here`s how to use a water fed pole link below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_srS3QRPnE&feature=channel

Dave Willis

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2010, 10:38:04 pm »
Rinse off as much as possible for me. Even rinsing off I don't believe wfp is the perfect method of cleaning. If you've got fan jets on the top of the brush then I see no need to lift the brush 'cos pure water will always be the last thing on the glass.
I've only ever used pencils.
Of course if your going around blading the glass anyway then it makes no difference - might as well use a bog brush, a dirty one at that.  ::)

james44

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2010, 10:44:11 pm »
might as well use a bog brush, a dirty one at that.

Would that be rinsing on or of the glass ;D

Paul Coleman

« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2010, 11:04:40 pm »
Who phoned dial-a-twit?

Your the twit rinsing of the glass lol

Here`s how to use a water fed pole link below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_srS3QRPnE&feature=channel

Maybe, but at least I don't blade it afterwards.

jouk45

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2010, 11:31:25 pm »
guys you need to remember, when we all started years ago, there was no light poles, it was mainly all heavy glassfibre poles, and rinsing off the glass was a killer at height, now that poles are getting so light, what is the issue with rinsing off the glass, if you feel comfortable doing this, why not, but what i would recommend is rinsing on the glass,  if you work above 30ft as gravity makes the pole heavier, sl-x or not,

james44

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2010, 11:38:55 pm »
but at least I don't blade it afterwards.

No you don`t paul so how do you deal with a problem window because no matter what method you use you will get them!

If by blading solves that problem am i being stupid!

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2010, 12:53:37 am »
guys you need to remember, when we all started years ago, there was no light poles, it was mainly all heavy glassfibre poles, and rinsing off the glass was a killer at height, now that poles are getting so light, what is the issue with rinsing off the glass, if you feel comfortable doing this, why not, but what i would recommend is rinsing on the glass,  if you work above 30ft as gravity makes the pole heavier, sl-x or not,

I certainly don't have an issue with people rinsing off the glass.  If people want to take longer and make things harder for themselves, then that is entirely up to themselves.  I will every now and again though suggest to people that there is an alternative way that will save them time and water.  Usually after a topic like this there is at least one person who gives the alternative a try and likes it enough to change over for good.

Answer me this one though Jouk, are the windows you clean above 30 foot cleaned to the same standard as a window cleaned at 15 foot?  Anyone else that changes their rinse habit due to height feel free to answer.

If the answer is yes to the question above, then I rest my case.

If the answer is no then you are doing your customers a disservice, and you really should be changing your technique so that all windows are cleaned to the same high standard, whether they are on the ground or above 30 foot.

Peter

Window Washers

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2010, 06:42:36 pm »
might as well use a bog brush, a dirty one at that.

Would that be rinsing on or of the glass ;D
;)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

jouk45

« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2010, 09:42:23 pm »
peter, since i have used the sl-x, which is a very stiff pole,  i can get good scrubbing power, yes my work at 30ft is very good,  also i take a bit longer to clean them if they really are dirty, i also send the young lad up and give me the thumbs up if they are good, if not, i do it again, its true what you are saying, it does take longer above 30ft, what i should have said, was, i rinse off on all domestic work, above 25ft i rinse on the glass, reason i rinse of the glass on domestic, is i do the frames, becouse i use pencil jets, i get into all the corners to flush the dirt down the side frames, rinsing on the glass misses all these parts, if you dont do frames, then this is ok