This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

roundbuilder

What is rinsing on the glass
« on: May 27, 2010, 10:42:20 pm »
 ???I scrub then rinse which i thought was the norm. What the hell does rinsing on the glass mean or is it what i already do

chopsie

Re: What is rinsing on the glass
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 10:43:52 pm »
its keeping the brush on the glass when rinsing, rather than lifting the brush off a couple of inches then rinsing off
chopsie

dave0123

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 10:47:49 pm »
Whats do people on here think of the green unger brush?

ive not used many diffrent brushes but had Gardiners superlite used it a few times could not get on with it.
Dave.

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 12:19:39 am »
Whats do people on here think of the green unger brush?

ive not used many diffrent brushes but had Gardiners superlite used it a few times could not get on with it.
you sellin it lad ??? ;D ;D ;D
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 01:41:02 am »
???I scrub then rinse which i thought was the norm. What the hell does rinsing on the glass mean or is it what i already do

Scrub is not the word I would use to describe the cleaning of regularly cleaned window.  I think of it more like moving a dirt particle, and letting the water wash it down and off the bottom of the glass.  All the work the brush really has to do is move the particle from it's original position, and the water that follows will take care of the rest.

Rinsing on the glass means keeping the brush on the glass, and dear knows why anyone would want to work any other way. 

Does anyone know who started rinsing with the brush off  the glass in the first place?  I mean someone must have came up with the idea first.  Or should I ask anyone who rinses with the brush off the glass, what made you start doing this?  Did the person supplying you with your system tell you that was the procedure?  Or was it the local window cleaner that showed you his system, and showed you how to use it?

Peter

Window Washers

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2010, 06:29:27 am »

Scrub is not the word I would use to describe the cleaning of regularly cleaned window.  I think of it more like moving a dirt particle, and letting the water wash it down and off the bottom of the glass.  All the work the brush really has to do is move the particle from it's original position, and the water that follows will take care of the rest.

Rinsing on the glass means keeping the brush on the glass, and dear knows why anyone would want to work any other way. 

Does anyone know who started rinsing with the brush off  the glass in the first place?  I mean someone must have came up with the idea first.  Or should I ask anyone who rinses with the brush off the glass, what made you start doing this?  Did the person supplying you with your system tell you that was the procedure?  Or was it the local window cleaner that showed you his system, and showed you how to use it?

Peter

I rinse on and off the glass.

When I started I found rinsing off easier and a better finish defo more so on first cleans.

I think alot depends on the brush you use if rinsing on and confidence that it will be ok.
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

bad trippy

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2010, 07:48:45 am »
I would love to rinse on but i have no confidence.
What about the dirt on your brush, surely there is an affect on the quality?
I know you do a lot of comercial stuff Peter and i can understand you rinsing on in that situ, but would you recomend rinsing on on houses mate?
www.clearviewbristol.co.uk
Add me on Facebook clear view window cleaning

Elfords Carpet and Window Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2010, 07:56:21 am »
Dirt on your brush?

Dont you clean it, flick any crud off, doesnt water run through the bristles to rinse them off too, dont you hand clean it every now and then anyway?

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2010, 08:13:49 am »
Dirt on your brush?

Dont you clean it, flick any crud off, doesnt water run through the bristles to rinse them off too, dont you hand clean it every now and then anyway?

It does with fan jets, not so much with pencil jets.

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2010, 08:55:35 am »
I would love to rinse on but i have no confidence.
What about the dirt on your brush, surely there is an affect on the quality?
I know you do a lot of comercial stuff Peter and i can understand you rinsing on in that situ, but would you recomend rinsing on on houses mate?

A window is a window whether it is on a commercial building. a house, a foot off the ground, or 60 foot up, they are all the same, and should be cleaned to the same standard.

When the brush is working on the glass it is the same as the window being rinsed with the pure water.  Now supposing your brush is dirty before you start cleaning the window, which it isn't but lets say it is, as soon as the water starts to flow through it the brush along with the window is being cleaned.  The brush bristles don't absorb or hold dirt, all they do like I said earlier is move a particle from it's fixed position, and the water will wash it away.

There is a few things that will stick to the brush one of them being spiders webs, and when they do they stay on the brush until you pull them off, they don't smear over the glass like they do with the applicator and soapy water. They don't even cause a problem if you leave them on, just pick them off after a few windows.  Another thing is leaves and organic matter, and a quick flick of the bristles with your hand while the water is running, will knock any off the brush.

Peter

tomy jackson

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2010, 09:04:57 am »
i wos in london last week end and two lads wer washing 40 ft and rinceing of the glass with a flocked ovel , next day i wos waking passt and wife says it wos this ofice thay cleaning look at the mess youd never gess they wor cleaning that yesterday

s.w.c

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2010, 10:21:54 am »
my thoughts after some years is if using fan jets due to over spray and higher flow rate need to make them work properly rinse in on the glass works well due to flow rate and no risk of hitting vent, i use no four an half on my flow control with fan jets it flows down the glass nice,

use in 1.5mm pencil jets on setting two an a half on flow control its a good rinse i found pencil to be my first choice i rinse off the glass or tilt brush an rinse, with pencil you do save more water than fans slower to work with than fans but it is controllable around vents and i think its a better finish not by much but fans sometimes can leave the odd little bit behind but maybe when dry you wouldn't see them its only due to wet glass is that you see them,

i use both i use fans for 30 plus foot and rinse on due to height, an use 1.5mm pencils for normal daily use even if its slower its not a race, its down to personal thing really some like it one way some like it the other way an some like to be awkward

Paul Coleman

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2010, 11:31:42 am »

Peter

Hi Peter.
I usually rinse "off" the glass except when it would cause too much physical strain not to (e.g. high work or work at awkard angles).
I've not put this to the test but the info I was given indicated that spotting could occur more easily (particularly near the tops of the panes) unless the pure water hit the glass after the bristles.  This may well have been true with the brushes I used back then but perhaps not so now.  Some brushes I have used tended to retain "bits" - particularly the Bentley ones.  I no longer use these anyway.  I found that sometimes these bits could remain on the glass near the top unless they were flushed with a quick extra rinse off the glass.
With some jobs I rinse with one end of the brush on the glass to support it - in a way that makes the water hit the glass after the bristles.
Now, with early possible symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome brewing, I'm looking at ways of easing the strain on my body.  So I'm going to start rinsing with brush on the glass and see how it goes.

Would you say that me using microbore may be working against me due to having a lower flow rate than half inch hose?  My feeling is that rinsing on the glass is better done with a high flow rate.
I would appreciate your input on this as I am looking at adapting the way I work (again  :)  ).

james44

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2010, 04:06:03 pm »
Agree with peter,

I thought you were all experianced window cleaners?

Paul Coleman

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2010, 07:11:57 pm »
Who phoned dial-a-twit?

weetot

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2010, 07:43:31 pm »
I knew nothing about wfp, so when i purchased my trolley It was Andy at Purefreedom showed me to rub window then rinse off with the brush off the glass, ive never done anything else, i thought it was the norm, but i'll try anything to make me life a tad easier. :P
Never take financial advice from people who have no money!

bad trippy

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2010, 07:46:21 pm »
Thanks for the info Peter
www.clearviewbristol.co.uk
Add me on Facebook clear view window cleaning

jouk45

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2010, 07:50:20 pm »
using my sl-x at height  is no problem rinsing off the glass, its so light, but if it happens to be very windy, i rinse on,  but i do rinse of 95% of the time

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2010, 07:56:41 pm »
It looks like it could be Pure Freedom that is responsible for so many people rinsing with the brush off the glass, but I bet someone showed Andy to do it that way in the first place.

peter

dmlservices

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2010, 08:01:23 pm »