Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

rg1

Access
« on: May 27, 2010, 07:17:46 pm »
I visited a new customer today to clean windows and conservatory. Cleaned everything accept one side of the con which had an assortment of garden furniture and 3 rolled up lengths of bamboo fencing leant against it.

The customer phoned me earlier to ask why I didn't move the stuff out of the way to clean. I politely told him that it is the customers responsibility to ensure access to all windows etc that need to be cleaned.

Am I right or wrong?

Rob

The pen is mightier than the sword (and a lot easier to write with!)

Elfords Carpet and Window Cleaning

Re: Access
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 07:20:57 pm »
You are correct. We are not removal-men, unless they wish to pay an extra premium.

dmlservices

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 07:22:09 pm »
if its a new customer, i would have moved them, to do clean , then if it was a problem on future cleans i would mention that they need to be moved.

daz

Mist A Bit

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 09:50:18 pm »
I dont mind moving the odd item but nothing thats going to take up time.
time is money in this business.
Its like when asked to clean inside windows and the sills are full of junk. i always ask the custy to clear the sills for me so that i dont break anything

scottt24

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 10:05:31 pm »
personally i would have moved them for a first clean and left a note saying they need to be moved before next due date. you could give them a bell the night before so they have chance to move them
Thanks,
              Scott

formb

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2010, 12:57:28 pm »
I would have told the customer to shift it when I priced the job.

I have a section for that and other things that annoy me i.e. dog turds etc on my quote forms.

paul rulton

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2010, 01:06:38 pm »

I have a section for that and other things that annoy me i.e. dog turds etc on my quote forms.
can i have a copy of that please m8?  ;D

DaveG

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2010, 01:11:03 pm »

:o you put dog turds on your quote forms????
You can't polish a turd

NJWindowCleaning

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2010, 01:53:16 pm »
There isnt a right or wrong about this sort of thing in your eyes your right i agree to your point but the customer expects things moved.

It would of been better to ask for things to be moved when you price the property up and access the enviroment around the property.

Always either phone the night before or even text stating any obstacles to be moved.

At the end of the day a new customer and all customers should be treated like if they where the rulers of the earth.. just going that little extra for a customer can go far in there eyes and good for your business as they will always have a good word about you to neighbours and friends and that way can lead to more customers.

Treat them how you would like to be treated.