Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Pristine Clean

Carpet wand broke - split
« on: May 02, 2010, 03:40:51 pm »
Hi Guys,

I just wondered if this has ever happened to any of you.

I went to connect my carpet wand ready for use on a job. Upon connection and a squeeze of the trigger. the water squirted out at the bottom end pipes.

Yes water sqirted out, all the custies walls. Great :o But that cleared up no problem and luckily they were not in at the time.

The two pipes at bottom end going to the jets. Totally split.  - I think it was a Prochem floor wand. Just the cheaper end.

So now looking for a new wand or a cheapo. But wonder why this has happened? Its the metal pipes that split not the welds.

Dave
"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"

Dave_Lee

Re: Carpet wand broke - split
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 04:14:21 pm »
When did you last use the wand, is there any chance it could have frozen as that seems the likely reason?
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

Len Gribble

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 04:21:22 pm »
Dave

No it has never happened but may have a wand for sale oh its Prochem/Ashby’s cant tell the difference
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Pristine Clean

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 04:31:13 pm »
Dave,

I think it might have been that. As I cant think of any reason either. Just wanted clarification to see if anyone was thinking along the same lines.

Len,

Email me or let me know on here the price of the wand.

I am looking for one that will fit. Are the fittings all the same? Not an expert on fitting. Er its a quick release.

I am also considering getting another machine. But everything is so expensive. For not so very much.

Dave
"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"

Pristine Clean

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 04:34:21 pm »
Oh just add here

Is it a 2 jet or single jet?

Len Gribble

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 07:46:13 pm »
Dave

It’s a glidemaster 12” 2-jet with a male fitting £120quid
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

coyote7

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 09:15:48 pm »
Hi Dave,

Same thing happened to my wand. Happened after all the snow back in January just a hair line split in one of the stainless steel pipes so must have frozen up. I was doing a letting job and like you gave the wall a good showering :o A friend of my dads covered it by soldering and it has been fine ever since. So it's more likely you could get this fixed without having toshell out on a new wand. ( Sorry if this costs someone a potential sale )

Rich ;D

Pristine Clean

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2010, 07:56:57 am »
Hi Richie,

Yes I was told this last night as well by a friend of mine. I am looking into it.

I should be able to to do it as I have soldering equipment and a welder. But it might fail.

Len

Thanks for the info, I will let you know. I am calling a few suppliers tomorrow to see what deals they will give me if I purchase a machine. You never know I might get a freebie some where!

cheers

Dave

Paul Redden Countryfresh

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2010, 08:31:03 am »
Shame you missed the new wands on ebay with glide for £140 I was tempted.

paul
"So basically its a big vax!"

Len Gribble

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2010, 09:12:09 am »
Dave

Google stainless steel welding Maidstone (I don’t mind missing a sale)