This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

if i was to get a van mount....?
« on: April 28, 2010, 11:59:01 pm »
i just cant seem to make up my mind now! ??? ??? ::) ::)

if i was to get a van mount im thinking of a 250lt tank and 2 25lt containers taking me up to 300lts(my payload on van is 625kg).ill get a backpack as well.

ill be DI ONLY(35TDS) so i can fill up on the job if i need more water.

but lugging 100 microbore hose around gardens all over the place?mmm......not sure about that one....!

i would need to get it professionally fitted with cage and van ports etc.

itll cost me more than a trolley.

have to get heater in van for winter nights.
price higher/work harder!

Ste M

Re: if i was to get a van mount....?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 12:06:56 am »
when i bought my set up off a fella on here , wfp a long time and one of the orignal founders on here, buggered if i can remember his name though ;D, he advised me to get 6mm microbore as it creates more pressure so the pumps dont have to work as hard

groundhog

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 12:14:00 am »

if i was to get a van mount im thinking of a 250lt tank and 2 25lt containers taking me up to 300lts(my payload on van is 625kg).ill get a backpack as well.

but lugging 100 microbore hose around gardens all over the place?mmm......not sure about that one....!

I've used a trolley (the worst option) and backpack (not much better) and my brilliant diy van mount!! And I can assure you that lugging a little bit of hose about is a doddle compared to dragging a trolley around with you all day!!! You really don't need to get it fitted professionally, I just strapped mine in myself, and I've never felt the need to get van ports etc fitted! A 250ltr tank is quite small so it wouldn't take much to strap it down. I promise you that this is the best option, even better would be a bigger tank, but obviously your limited because of your small van.  :)

daz1977

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 12:14:47 am »
i dont need van ports,  i just leave my door slightly open,  and u get use to the hose

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 12:19:50 am »
yes im slowly coming round to the idea now groundhog!would u say a basic 250lt system like the pure freedom one suffice for now with a couple of 25lt containers?i will be defo gettin a backpack for some awkward to reach places as well

groundhog

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 12:27:43 am »
yes im slowly coming round to the idea now groundhog!would u say a basic 250lt system like the pure freedom one suffice for now with a couple of 25lt containers?i will be defo gettin a backpack for some awkward to reach places as well

I would imagine that would be ideal, although you could probably do it yourself even cheaper. I got a secondhand 400ltr tank from cleantech for £180, a pumpbox for £250 (cleantech) And a 100 mtr microbore hose and reel from wintecs for about £100 ish. That really is about all you need!!  :) 

daz1977

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2010, 12:29:39 am »
wintecs sell pumps for about 50 quid, i paid 80 for a 110 battery, 

wintecs has also got a sale on tank at the mo

daz1977

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2010, 12:30:20 am »
where u based dazmond

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2010, 12:33:54 am »
salford area near eccles.im a proper manchester northern lad! ;) ;D

daz1977

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2010, 12:37:05 am »
do u know any one who can lend u a van mounted system for a day, so u can see if you like it

Paul Coleman

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2010, 06:07:01 am »

In Winter, I run air through my system and drain back into the tank to prevent a pump freeze.  Although some have reported troublesome airlocks, I've never had a problem.  I do use half inch hose on my van mount though.  Some people might use an anti freezing agent to pump into their hoses and empty it back into the container for re-use.  Yes a van mount will cost more.  IMO you will make that back and more by the shorter work times on most jobs.

cleewindows

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2010, 07:25:12 am »
i have a backpack i bought off john hewitt for £100,ive took the tank off it and converting to be van system,has a 80 psi pump and a battery that lasts 7 hours none stop work,when its cold i can take it in,i have a xline trolley which is ok but bulky,im getting another backpack from john hewitt which comes with a foldaway trolley and carries 20 litres!
heres a pic of my van system daz!
I bought a 250 ltr upright water tank with fittings for £41 off fleebay
and a `100 metrer micro hose n reel about £100 from wintecs!

jonboywalton75

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2010, 10:24:05 am »
i have a backpack i bought off john hewitt for £100,ive took the tank off it and converting to be van system,has a 80 psi pump and a battery that lasts 7 hours none stop work,when its cold i can take it in,i have a xline trolley which is ok but bulky,im getting another backpack from john hewitt which comes with a foldaway trolley and carries 20 litres!

Hi,
I need the top section of a wcw backpack, just wondered if you still needed yours?
If you would like to sell please let me know, cheers,
Jon
I,m on07816294334

supernova77

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2010, 10:40:53 am »
I used a trolley for 2.5 years... Then I switched to a van mount... The van mount wins hands down! I would never go back to using anything else!

Andy

SB Cleaning

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2010, 10:51:05 am »
I phoned up pure freedom just to get a quote on a system a lad answered pretty miserable sounding,couldnt give me a quote on a system there and then said he would ring back in ten mins never heard from him again!!!! :)

Hows that for customer service!!! i then phoned up the cleaning warehouse in wolverhampton much more friendly and helpfull :)

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2010, 12:48:01 pm »
I used a trolley for 2.5 years... Then I switched to a van mount... The van mount wins hands down! I would never go back to using anything else!

Andy
I never even bothered with the hassle of a trolley. Straight to van mount!

Pull it out, clean house, pull it in...repeat until end of day...!
Sod messing about with barrels and batteries.

cleewindows

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2010, 02:06:12 pm »
hello m8 email me on lcfcwin@hotmail.com
we will see what we can do,i will defo sell it!

Hi,
I need the top section of a wcw backpack, just wondered if you still needed yours?
If you would like to sell please let me know, cheers,
Jon
I,m on07816294334

Mist A Bit

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2010, 02:47:33 pm »
I started with a van mount this year which is brill for 70% of my work. Will be needing a backback to get access to the rest which is made to hard through parking or back enteries with rubbish everyware.